Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A lot of people doubt that the TBTA will hire new Bridge and Tunnel Officers. A lot of people also doubted the list would be established. Does anyone on here remember the petition to get a refund that went up on change.org? There is still over 3 years left until the list is set to expire and even then it could be extended due to this coronavirus crisis.

Comment

• Originally posted by Crash Test View Post

You actually said that they are going to hire maybe 50 people! Now you say they will not be hiring! Which post should we listen to? The post from August or the post from today?
      I said MAY hire 50 people. They will not be hiring. Period. Cuomo.is actively trying to disban TBTA and merge them in somewhere else. Just like he did recently with Parks Police. They weren't going to hire before, during, or after the pandemic so thats no excuse. But im just a guy on a forum who doesn't know a few people inside the TBTA that are in the governors office on a regular basis. I dont know anything. Carry on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Crash Test View Post
        A lot of people doubt that the TBTA will hire new Bridge and Tunnel Officers. A lot of people also doubted the list would be established. Does anyone on here remember the petition to get a refund that went up on change.org? There is still over 3 years left until the list is set to expire and even then it could be extended due to this coronavirus crisis.
        They had to establish the list legally. This way they don't have to refund the money. They do not actually have to hire off it though. And like I said in my previous post, virus or not, THEY WERE NEVER GOING TO HIRE

Comment

• 2021 theyll hire hahahaha (sarcasm)

Comment

• Probably 2023 2 months before the expiration of the list. Then they can say Sorry folks we just don't have enough time since it takes at least 3 months to process a group for the academy.

Comment

• MrInk1025
              MrInk1025 commented
              Editing a comment
              2023 is still far away that would seems like a very bad joke on there end in mta tbta ....

• Get over it already. NO ONE will be hired - it's a dead issue.

Comment

• Agencies can call from a list right up to its expiration. Expiration date has nothing to do with clearing or training candidates. The list age is simply for the purpose of calling to be hired.

Comment

• Listen to HighwayBob, he's a wise man

Comment

• Bob is very wise but.....I just can't bring myself to give up! I fought my way out of special ed ( which I was never in ) and I can defeat the dark force ( TBTA ) of the evil empire ( MTA ) so I can play in traffic just like when I was a lad. OK look seriously you may be right on this issue and at this point I NO longer expect to be processed for BTO.

Comment

• If anything, the situation is worse now than it was pre-pandemic.

With the financial situation that the MTA is in everything is on hold and/or being cut. The TBTA uniformed force of BTOs really has no mission any more since the toll plazas were eliminated. Anything that they DO do now (basic security stuff, handling accidents) can or is already being handled by other agencies.

While layoffs are always possible, there is also a chance of buying out people to get them out early. No hiring will be happening despite a list being established. It's just a really bad situation overall, even if the MTA does get a bailout from the feds.

Comment

• I was in Flushing, Queens today and I saw about 8 Bridge and Tunnel cars parked. I go walk around the corner and they were checking and giving tickets to people on the buses. Its interesting to see them doing something else now.
                      Exams Taken:
                      NYPD, NYPDSSA ,NYPDTEA NYCDEP, NYCDOC ,NYCDOS Enforcement, PAPD ,NYSDOC, NYPD dispatcher, NCPD, NYS Trooper, NYS University Police (downstate/upstate), Monroe County PD, Chenango Sheriff, Rochester PD, YPD ,OC Sheriff.

In Process:
                      NYPDPC Exam 2214
                      APD5- Complete
                      Medical- Complete

JST- 11/20/2013
                      Oral/Psyc- 11/27/2013
                      Mini Med - ?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3041 users online. 186 members and 2855 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X