Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I asked again if this position is for the special inspector job and again could not get a clear answer. I then asked who will supervise the agents and again no clear answer but he said they would be covering the BUSES and TRAINS. Now I'm even more confused than before!

Comment

• .....Deleted.....
      Last edited by Bidstar; 02-10-2020, 09:10 PM.

Comment

• HOW TO QUALIFY Education and Experience Requirements: By the last day of the Application Period, you must meet the following requirements: A four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent approved by a State’s Department of Education or a recognized accrediting organization and three years of full-time, satisfactory security experience primarily involving the enforcement of policies, procedures and regulations governing the behavior and actions of the general public, including the performance of associated investigations and the issuance of summonses or the writing of comprehensive reports. If you have qualifying part-time experience, it will be credited on a prorated basis. The high school, vocational high school, technical school, or trade school must be approved by a State’s Department of Education or a recognized accrediting organization. The college or university must be accredited by regional, national, professional or specialized agencies recognized as accrediting bodies by the U.S. Secretary of Education, and by the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA). You are responsible for determining whether you meet the qualification requirements for this examination prior to submitting the Application. You may be given the test before we determine if you meet the qualification requirements. If you are marked “Not Qualified,” your Application fee will not be refunded and you will not receive a score.

http://web.mta.info/nyct/hr/pdf_exams/0615.pdf
        Last edited by krull; 02-10-2020, 08:06 PM.
        Bridge and Tunnel Officer, Exam No. 5606

Comment

• xknuckles
          xknuckles commented
          Editing a comment
          Lmaooo..this is why a exam is necessary

• Crash Test
          Crash Test commented
          Editing a comment
          The issue is not about the 3 years of security experience required! The problem was the employee at the exams unit stating that it had to be three years in a row. like 2005, 2006, 2007! He said it could NOT be 2005 to 2006 then 2008 to 2010! According to the supervisor he was giving out incorrect information.
          Last edited by Crash Test; 02-11-2020, 08:27 PM.

• Originally posted by krull View Post
        how to qualify education and experience requirements: By the last day of the application period, you must meet the following requirements: a four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent approved by a state’s department of education or a recognized accrediting organization and three years of full-time, satisfactory security experience primarily involving the enforcement of policies, procedures and regulations governing the behavior and actions of the general public, including the performance of associated investigations and the issuance of summonses or the writing of comprehensive reports. If you have qualifying part-time experience, it will be credited on a prorated basis. The high school, vocational high school, technical school, or trade school must be approved by a state’s department of education or a recognized accrediting organization. The college or university must be accredited by regional, national, professional or specialized agencies recognized as accrediting bodies by the u.s. Secretary of education, and by the council for higher education accreditation (chea). You are responsible for determining whether you meet the qualification requirements for this examination prior to submitting the application. You may be given the test before we determine if you meet the qualification requirements. If you are marked “not qualified,” your application fee will not be refunded and you will not receive a score.

http://web.mta.info/nyct/hr/pdf_exams/0615.pdf
        lmao
        Last edited by WILLDOGS; 02-10-2020, 08:18 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Crash Test View Post
          I asked again if this position is for the special inspector job and again could not get a clear answer. I then asked who will supervise the agents and again no clear answer but he said they would be covering the BUSES and TRAINS. Now I'm even more confused than before!
          dude why would you even care to Apply to the exam for this ****ty job ?

Comment

• I guess just to give myself something else to complain about when it comes to the MTA! It will probably take 2 to 3 years just to get the results! 80k+ just seems strange for unarmed security!

Comment

• this position started out a while ago and was being offered to retired police only, i guess their opening it up now to more people. mta pays good thats for sure and great benefits but doing that job without a firearm bit sticky. they do travel with a lot of guys though so the presence does feel strong when they come on the bus. anyone trying to get on for the experience, great stepping stone to move on to other areas. can't go wrong with 80K

Comment

• DeMarino was hired as the head of the department of security and he was only hooking up retired cops. Then he started pulling resumes of retired cops for MABSTOA Property Protection Agent. Then a civil service exam was given for TA Property Protection Agent and a list was established but he only pulled retired cops off the list. People on the list began complaining about the unusually long wait and he was warned to stop but did not listen. So he's no longer the Vice president and head of the Department of Security. The END!!

Comment

• That jobs seems absolutely Ridiculous with the LE authority. I’ve been OTJ for awhile now and I couldn’t imagine handing out criminal summons with no legal authority to detain or use force. What happens if they want to fight you? Pull out a weapon? Have a warrant? Are they just issuing summons and not running a NCIC check or calling dispatch to advises them they are on a stop?

Comment

• They're not issuing criminal summonses. They're civil.

Comment

• I wonder if this list will be extended due to the current health crisis.

Comment

• HighwayBob
                        HighwayBob commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I think it's time to face the fact that TBTA will not be hiring anyone.

• Sad News..May he rest in peace..and justice be served.
                      The man fatally shot on a quiet Staten Island street Wednesday night was an off-duty Triborough Bridge and Tunnel killed just steps from home, police sources said Thursday.

Comment

• so in the time since many of us i assume received the pass notice on list nobody has not a single clue of updates an y accuracy of wether this covid 19 pandemic affecting the people

Comment

• HighwayBob
                          HighwayBob commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Yes, it's obviously affecting the people who are sick and who have died from it.

What is your point?

• So I wrote my initial post back in August. It wasn't fear mongering. I didn't have a hatred for anyone. I wasn't wishing bad on anyone. That's what you all thought. So now, 8 months later, does anyone want to admit that I was right? They will not be hiring. I told you all I know people at the very top. You wouldn't listen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Justaguy1114 View Post
                          Don't ANYONE get your hopes up. I know people at the TOP level of brass and they're only going to hire MAYBE 50 people just because they have to. Otherwise they have to refund everyone's money and they're not going to do that. The TBTA is a **** job, and has only gotten worse over the years. Nobody likes working there, morale is insanely low, and haven't had a contract in YEARS. Union is a joke. They are now being forced into riding buses and subways with almost no training. If you want a real law enforcement job, this ain't it. You'll be lucky if the entire authority isn't disbanded.....and soon.....just FYI
                          You actually said that they are going to hire maybe 50 people! Now you say they will not be hiring! Which post should we listen to? The post from August or the post from today?

Comment

• FutureMos
                            FutureMos commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I doubt TBTA will be hiring at all, they haven't hired in over 10 years...

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8556 users online. 480 members and 8076 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X