Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It seems like TBTA would be just phased out eventually and MTA highway would regain control no? Unless Cuomo wants the troopers handling it

Comment

• The MTA is real slick! So on the website in the employment/ exams section there is the filing for exam 0615 Fare Enforcement Agent Feb 7-25-2020. It looks like they have created a new position. I can't wait to see the job description, requirements and most importantly the PAY. I thought it would be a new title for the special inspectors ( Eagle Team ) but I was told the new position has nothing to do with them. Well Feb 7th the Notice of exam opens and the information will be available.

Comment

• Fare Enforcement Agent
        Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by bklynproud View Post
          Fare Enforcement Agent
          This is not a new position. These "agents" have been riding the buses for years a.k.a the eagle team. Has nothing to do with TBTA

Comment

• That I know, They have nothing to do with tbta. I just posted this for anyone interested in applying it opens up tomorrow.

Comment

• There was no exam for special inspector! It was pretty much a resume type deal and this was and still is the case with MABSTOA Bus Operator, Revenue Collection Agent, Property Protection Agent and Cleaner. The NYCTA side requires an exam and gives you civil service status while MABSTOA does not. Same jobs, same uniform and basically the same pay. So maybe they created this exam to give them a civil service title. They initially focused on the SBS but then started coming onto the local buses which went bad really fast. Once the public found out that they had no real authority people just refused to cooperate and hand over their ID to be issued a ticket. Now they are back to primarily dealing with the SBS. If you are currently unemployed or not happy with your current job then I would encourage you to apply and take the position until something better comes along.

Comment

• So what your saying is that this exam will grant them civil service title? Signed up for this exam, Pay is decent and Seems like a better gig then TLC police.

Comment

• Originally posted by Crash Test View Post
                  There was no exam for special inspector! It was pretty much a resume type deal and this was and still is the case with MABSTOA Bus Operator, Revenue Collection Agent, Property Protection Agent and Cleaner. The NYCTA side requires an exam and gives you civil service status while MABSTOA does not. Same jobs, same uniform and basically the same pay. So maybe they created this exam to give them a civil service title. They initially focused on the SBS but then started coming onto the local buses which went bad really fast. Once the public found out that they had no real authority people just refused to cooperate and hand over their ID to be issued a ticket. Now they are back to primarily dealing with the SBS. If you are currently unemployed or not happy with your current job then I would encourage you to apply and take the position until something better comes along.
                  Interesting, I’m going to sign up for the test the salary looks decent, do they carry guns? This is the first time I heard of this opening, (if is new correct me if I’m wrong) Thanks for sharing!

Comment

• Yshaban
                    Yshaban commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yeah understandable point xknuckles but like i said I don't have any clue was just thinking out loud. If theres any information I'd like to read up on it aswell. Doing this job and no peace officer status I'm sure people will just walk away from you or give out false info.

• Bidstar
                    Bidstar commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yeah xknuckles I was thinking the same.. unarmed guard in the wild streets of NYC I don’t think that’s a good idea unless you have some coworkers with you during the shift but still

• Crash Test
                    Crash Test commented
                    Editing a comment
                    The exam is NEW but it appears to be for the special inspector job. They are the people that check for proof of payment on the Select Bus Service. They were plain clothes but recently started wearing uniforms with patches and they wear what looks like a detective shield hanging from their neck in the front. 80k+ is more than decent its unbelievable for an unarmed enforcement agent! Sanitation enforcement agent and traffic enforcement agent start in the low 30s 20k lower than FEA and goes nowhere near 80k! For that money they should re-establish The New York City Transit Authority Police Department!

• Bidstar
                    Bidstar commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Crash Test agree with you, maybe this is the beginning of new plans the MTA has planned? Who knows, interesting nevertheless

• No peace officer status, No firearm, It would of stated that on the NOE.

Comment

• Yshaban
                    Yshaban commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Damn might just stick it out with TLC then, Any info on the quality of life of the job?

• Bidstar
                    Bidstar commented
                    Editing a comment
                    That sounds dangerous... I don’t know man. Now I’m debating wether or not to sign up for it

• Originally posted by Crash Test View Post
                  ...I was told...
                  The most dangerous phrase in the English language.
                  Last edited by HighwayBob; 02-08-2020, 07:49 PM.

Comment

• Crash Test
                    Crash Test commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Now Bob...….Uh Yes I realize what I wrote.....oops....see post below!

• So I was told that info by none other than...yup you guessed it...the folks that don't know anything but collect the fee and administer the exams. I spoke to two different people at the Exams unit and one was a supervisor. Both said this exam has nothing to do with the special inspectors. However I should have known better than to believe anything they say until it actually happens.

Comment

• Yshaban
                    Yshaban commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Great a position with no details at all. I signed up anyways and salary is good only time will tell what this position is either way better take the exam then let it pass up and regret it.

• xknuckles
                    xknuckles commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Yeah I think I might just do it for the pay until I hear someone for mtapd. Maybe this can open a door for me

• Yshaban
                    Yshaban commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Exactly my thought aswell pay is good. Might as well give it a go.

• Originally posted by Yshaban View Post
                  So what your saying is that this exam will grant them civil service title? Signed up for this exam, Pay is decent and Seems like a better gig then TLC police.
                  This is a ****ty job . The pay is descent but it’s also very dangerous . Do you really want to put yourself out there and deal with people in your face and you giving out summons to
                  people with no authority at all ? No gun ,no
                  weapon and no power .

Comment

• Magic_Wealthy
                    Magic_Wealthy commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I strongly agree.
                    I'll pass on this job.

• xknuckles
                    xknuckles commented
                    Editing a comment
                    That’s what’s holding me back from applying.

• Originally posted by CO HOPEFUL View Post
                  This is a ****ty job . The pay is descent but it’s also very dangerous . Do you really want to put yourself out there and deal with people in your face and you giving out summons to
                  people with no authority at all ? No gun ,no
                  weapon and no power .
                  This is what I was thinking, the pay is decent but is really worth it to be out there with no gun? Sounds dangerous unless you are working with more people during the shift but still.

Comment

• With no details no one can really judge the job accurately. I would apply and go through the process. You're bound to learn more as you go along, then if you don't like what you see you can just turn it down if it's offered to you.

Comment

• Yshaban
                      Yshaban commented
                      Editing a comment
                      This is what exactly what I am going to do aswell already applied and don't mind going through the process. Leave all doors open.

• I just got off the phone with the exams unit. I wanted to check and see if I'm eligible to apply for the position of Fare Enforcement Agent. So I was told....lol and this is really funny because I was told I'm not eligible because I don't have THREE YEARS OF CONSECUTIVE security experience! Does the notice state that as the requirement? NO it does not! While I'm typing this post I get a call from the supervisor there and he told me to go ahead and file and they would prorate my security experience. As long as I have 3 years total experience I'm good. If you call there and are given information that doesn't make sense call back and speak to someone different or ask to speak to a supervisor.

Comment

• Yshaban
                      Yshaban commented
                      Editing a comment
                      On the. Notice of exam it actually does say that. But only if you do not have a diploma or equivalent.

A four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent approved by a State’s Department of Education or a recognized accrediting organization and three years of full-time, satisfactory security experience primarily involving the enforcement of policies, procedures and regulations governing the behavior and actions of the general public, including the performance of associated investigations and the issuance of summonses or the writing of comprehensive reports.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 14945 users online. 418 members and 14527 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X