Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Politicians don't always live in reality like most of us do. Giuliani wanted to put NYPD in charge of policing at MNR and LIRR! The issue was raised of the commuter rails going outside the city and he calmed down but suggested that the NYPD could cover the city area. I'm glad the MTA didn't give in.

Comment

• NYS court officer trainee opens up for filing January 22, 2020. For anyone interested
      Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by bklynproud View Post
        NYS court officer trainee opens up for filing January 22, 2020. For anyone interested
        I’ve been telling people to take this exam forget about bridge and tunnel they are not gonna hire anyone. It’s already 4 months since the list was established as they haven’t called anyone . They are gonna phase this
        title out I bet . They will probaly hire 1 person then kill
        the list.
        Last edited by CO HOPEFUL; 11-22-2019, 09:26 AM.

Comment

• HighwayBob
          HighwayBob commented
          Editing a comment
          Why would they bother hiring one???

• Not a real police job, more of a security gig. Pays well, good benefits, employees get treated better then the big city agency (usually).
        Good luck to those on the list, it's unlikely many, if any, will get hired.

Comment

• I find it AMAZING how some of you come on this particular thread to bash the agency. You literally have to open your PC or phone browser, come on this thread, go to page 161, log on and write negative stuff. Too much work if you ask me !

Then there are the others who hit the refresh button EVERY DAY ! And when there is no activity for a while, log on and write negative or false stuff. If you don't like the job or feel they are never going to hire then just go on a different thread and post. Don't waste your valuable time here. Period.

Comment

• HighwayBob
            HighwayBob commented
            Editing a comment
            No one here has recently "bashed the agency". I guess you're TBTA since no one outside that job calls it that.

The consensus of opinion is that no one will be hired and that the job will slowly fade away. Sorry if you don't like that but it seems to be the case.

• We are now in December and with the anticipation of officers retiring we should hopefully see movement on this list but this list should have been established in 2015 and we should be getting ready to file for a new Bridge and Tunnel Officer Exam! If there is no movement by the spring then I'm going to start feeling like we are being scammed. They need at least 3 months to process applicants for the academy and if they start in March a class should be ready for the summer to enter that nice academy that they spent 12 Million dollars renovating. They most likely will not hire just one person off the list. It would be a waste of time and resources to send one person through the academy to train when they could just do a lateral transfer from a PD and then just give field training to that officer. I get why people are frustrated and feel that we've been ripped off for our money and cheated out of the opportunity to get this job but let's just have a little more patience and at least wait until the spring before we start contacting the Governors office or even better the Media!

Comment

• HighwayBob
            HighwayBob commented
            Editing a comment
            I doubt anyone in the Governor's office gives two craps. And I wouldn't count on getting much sympathy from the media either. The bottom line is that you're stuck with the situation. There doesn't seem to be enough work for the current force to perform so they shipped them to work FE on buses. We trained all of them and from what my training staff told me no one really wanted to do the work. I really can't see them doing any hiring despite retirements,

• The MTA NYCT exams unit has proven that they cannot handle testing for civil service titles in a professional and timely manner but bad publicity is a great motivational tool. They gave a promotional exam for NYCT in the beginning of 2018 and are now filing for that same promotional exam this month. They planned on throwing out the exam because they claim only 70 people passed the exam and they would not be able to create a viable list and they had no plans on giving refunds to anyone not even those who passed. Well some of the people that took that test threatened to file a class action lawsuit and others threatened to go to the media to bring attention to the issue and what do you know..... an about face from the exams unit. Now they are going to make the list public and use it.

Comment

• HighwayBob
            HighwayBob commented
            Editing a comment
            I think you're blaming the wrong people. Why should they rush the process when it's a low/no priority? I think whatever slowness was caused by factors way above them. Now, in the midst of rushing to hire 500 police officers suddenly people are questioning who authorized the hiring. Everyone is pointing fingers at others and even Cuomo said it didn't come from him. Well, now it is board approved so it's happening. I'm still waiting for people here to start posting that they're being called for some further processing. We'll see what happens.

• Crash Test
            Crash Test commented
            Editing a comment
            Thanks for that info Bob! I thought it was Cuomo that ordered the 500 new cops. I was under the impression that Cuomo is running the show at the MTA as he installs the Chairman. I'm past the age for PO and there are only two departments in NY that I know of that hire over 35 and one could get in and then apply for a lateral transfer but those departments do not hire often and they only hire a small amount of officers at a time. So this was a good opportunity to be able to work outside on and have the possibility of an earlier retirement 20 instead of 25 years.
            Last edited by Crash Test; 12-02-2019, 09:10 AM.

• HighwayBob
            HighwayBob commented
            Editing a comment
            Well, when things are exposed and questioned by the press suddenly no one knows anything. Apparently it was Cuomo I'm sure what prompted it was the feud between him and Warren Wilhelm. Hiring is proceeding as far as MTAPD is concerned. TBTA remains to be seen, but I've already expressed my skepticism about that. Bottom line is we all have to wait and see what happens. As far as I'm concerned everything regarding TBTA hiring is a rumor until something actually happens.

I will just reiterate one thing - just because there is now an established list does not mean that a single person must be hired off of that list.

• I agree with Bob on there being no mandate for them to hire a single person off this or any list. I checked with a source and was told this recently as well as from an attorney. Even my source has been off as far as the dates estimated for movement on this exam list but I was told that things keep changing and they could be updated monthly, weekly or even daily. They were suppose to establish the list in the spring and put in a class in the summer or fall and we see when the list was established....so that's why I am hopeful that we will see movement by the spring. MTA needs to give testing back to DCAS in my opinion because they can't handle it properly.

Comment

• So many different stories are going around and things seem to change on a daily basis, but...

One of my training officers was informed last week (by whom I don't know but it was at a high-level meeting) that no one will be hired off of this list - or any list.

Comment

• Thanks for the info. When you say any list, I wonder if that’s implying that they are not looking to offer any more exams in the future and perhaps this job will slowly disappear?

Comment

• There will be no future tests. No future hiring.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7418 users online. 416 members and 7002 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X