Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just another miserable day at the bottom of the MTA totem pole and as I got near the end of the line I see 2 marked vans packed like sardines with bridge and tunnel officers followed by 1 rmp. When I pulled in I went to the lot and saw another rmp and a bunch of btos off to the side. After a miserable day where at least 200 people either walked past the fare box like it wasn't even there or entered through the back door and then had the nerve to request a transfer, I am really looking forward to tomorrow. I asked the white shirt not sure of his rank, if they are going to be in brooklyn now and he said starting tomorrow. I also asked about them hiring but he couldn't say for sure only that they just established the list.

Comment

• Magic_Wealthy
      Magic_Wealthy commented
      Editing a comment
      Miserable isnt even the word. I know the pain. Im glad im not on the bus anymore. What depot are you in ??
      And they are already in Brooklyn...but downtown Brooklyn though along fulton st. mall.

• Crash Test
      Crash Test commented
      Editing a comment
      I tried to send you a PM but it wouldn't go through. I didn't want to post that in the general section.

• so who here feels the joyful sigh of relief that the mta finally posted list of exam afte that nearly 100 year wait hahaha (insider)

anybody else happy they passed from that good news you probably were mailed back 2-3 weeks ago

Comment

• I sure am lol. Scored 100 and on the list in the 80’s. Hoping they keep the ball rolling here.

Comment

• Crash Test
        Crash Test commented
        Editing a comment
        That's a really good list #! You should be in the first batch to get called. Congrats

• Ajbx26
        Ajbx26 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you! I’m hoping to meet some of you guys in the academy in the near future!

• Don't believe everything you hear. That guy says top brass, #1. Even the top brass don't know what's gonna happen till it happens. How many are they gonna hire, no one knows. This job is constantly evolving. My list took 2000 #'s to hire 400 people. So 1 in 5 get the job. The union doesn't suck it's just small, small unions don't pull much weight but the officers just signed a sick contract. Are we all disgruntled, yeah. But as much smack as you'll hear me talk, I love my job. Where else in the world could a guy like me make 130K doing what I do. TBTA is definitely mismanaged at times but it's not a bad place to work. I took multiple LE exams and looking back on it im happy I ended up where I did. We're not getting disbanded, NYSP isn't taking our jobs. In fact all rumors that are currently circulating are all good outcomes (if they happen) if they don't I'll be just fine right where I am. Oh and the only reason we are disgruntled isnt the job, it's not getting a contract in forever and no new hires. We are all looking forward to new blood. just keep the faith.

Comment

• Crash Test
        Crash Test commented
        Editing a comment
        I started to expand on your mismanaged statement but I was told last week that we're not suppose to say bad things about the Authority to people that are not outside the Authority or we could be fired and prosecuted or some crap. I looked at the supervisor like he was crazy which everyone believes he is anyway and he told me that I signed that document when I got hired or else the MTA wouldn't have hired me. Are you still laughing? I think he was confusing that with the document that they had us sign stating we would not sue the MTA if we got hurt while performing our duties. Did they make you guys sign anything like what he described, or the one that states you can't sue them if you get hurt?

• I’m sure it will be a slow process but in the mean time might as well take exams and see what comes your way.
      Exams Taken:
      NYPD, NYPDSSA ,NYPDTEA NYCDEP, NYCDOC ,NYCDOS Enforcement, PAPD ,NYSDOC, NYPD dispatcher, NCPD, NYS Trooper, NYS University Police (downstate/upstate), Monroe County PD, Chenango Sheriff, Rochester PD, YPD ,OC Sheriff.

In Process:
      NYPDPC Exam 2214
      APD5- Complete
      Medical- Complete

JST- 11/20/2013
      Oral/Psyc- 11/27/2013
      Mini Med - ?

Comment

• Crash Test
        Crash Test commented
        Editing a comment
        Nope I'm done taking test man! I feel like a professional test taker and I'm just mad about getting one question wrong. I got my results in the mail and it said something about appealing your results but they could raise your score or lower it. Would be great if they raised it but if they lowered it then I'd really be worried about not getting called. Old list # around 700 new list # around 7,000! with a bunch of emojis laughing and crying. I actually thought they would somehow punish me for calling them so much over the years.

• Scored 97, list # 12**. I’m almost near making it through probation in Sanitation so most likely I’m probably going to decline if they reach up to my list #.

Comment

• Crash Test
        Crash Test commented
        Editing a comment
        Why couldn't you be in front of me man! I would be like " Yeah man stay with the Sanitarium bro, you're doing the right thing and you gotta think about your 5 children by 8 different women man. " LOL Hopefully you'll at least process and make a decision if they offer the position to you.
        Last edited by Crash Test; 09-03-2019, 05:18 PM.

• I wish I could get to see that priceless look on the faces of the people being confronted by the BTOs on the bus for fare evasion but apparently they only come around when I clear for the day. Today they were really deep though packed in those TBTA vans again like sardines. I did see a BTO with really long hair but he did appear to have it pinned up toward the back and side. I thought one of the them had tattoos on his arm but he was kind of far away. Can anyone clear up the question that Merlin I mean Magic had on the hair and tattoo policy. Is this something that changed with the new contract or did it remain the same?

Comment

• Razor183
        Razor183 commented
        Editing a comment
        Facial hair can not be more than 2 inches in length and must be neatly trimmed. No tattoo policy but def should be covered when going to court. Goodluck.

• Razor183
        Razor183 commented
        Editing a comment
        And hair can not reach collar bone. No pony tails and cant interfere with the hat.

• Magic_Wealthy
        Magic_Wealthy commented
        Editing a comment
        lol @ Merlin

Thanks for clearing that up Razor183

• Crash Test
        Crash Test commented
        Editing a comment
        I had asked one of the BTOs earlier in the parking lot and he said the 2 inches but that was pertaining to the beard. He said the tattoos are fine as long as it is not something that could be deemed anti Politically Correct, hate , or gang related. There was another one there today that had long dreads that were hanging down his back and he didn't have a hat on. Is that a religious exception?

• Been quiet hopefully they start processing people soon
      Exams Taken:
      NYPD, NYPDSSA ,NYPDTEA NYCDEP, NYCDOC ,NYCDOS Enforcement, PAPD ,NYSDOC, NYPD dispatcher, NCPD, NYS Trooper, NYS University Police (downstate/upstate), Monroe County PD, Chenango Sheriff, Rochester PD, YPD ,OC Sheriff.

In Process:
      NYPDPC Exam 2214
      APD5- Complete
      Medical- Complete

JST- 11/20/2013
      Oral/Psyc- 11/27/2013
      Mini Med - ?

Comment

• Any BTO's here that can PM me for a couple of questions? Currently in NYPD and have a few questions before considering whether it's worth it to change careers or not. Thank you!

Comment

• The MTA is hiring for MTA Police Officer! It was posted to the website on 9-06-19 and they also had it on the news this evening. They are looking to hire 500 NEW Police officers to place in the subway system to combat fare evasion, deal with the homeless population, and last and I do mean last protect NYCTA employees ( sure ) ! The fee is $40 for the test which is scheduled for sometime in 2020 and according to the news they are looking to rush hiring so if you meet the age and college/military requirement I would suggest you apply.
          Last edited by Crash Test; 09-12-2019, 07:29 PM.

Comment

• Going on 2 months since the list was established and no movement yet. I think it's funny how the MTA is RUSHING to hire 500 MTA Police Officers to put in the subway system and they have a Bridge and Tunnel Officer list of people who as of next month will have officially been waiting 5 years since filing opened Oct of 2014! The MTA regaining control of law enforcement in the NYCTA system is great. Before the hostile take over in 1995 the New York City Transit Authority Police were on the buses riding the lines and once control was given to the City ( NYPD ) the focus was the trains only! So I actually wished that the MTA would take over again but I thought it would be with a New or reestablished Transit system police department. It would have made sense to give people on the 5606 list the opportunity to go process for MTA Police since they are rushing to hire 500 to put in the subway. The MTA has done this before with Bus Operator list when they offered people Conductor instead and they offered people from TA Bus Operator list the job with MaBSTOA ( non civil service ) and people needed to work so they took it. Also they during 2009 layoffs they offered the laid off Civil Service operators the job with MTA bus. Those who took it complained when they realized they lost Civil Service status. Hopefully some movement will happen by the end of this year.

Comment

• Seems like we will be waiting for a long time as well.. MTA is hiring police officers to work in transit and Bridge and Tunnel was suppose to place 100 officers in the subway as well but not a word yet..........
              Exams Taken:

In Process:
              NYPDPC Exam 2214
              APD5- Complete
              Medical- Complete

JST- 11/20/2013
              Oral/Psyc- 11/27/2013
              Mini Med - ?

Comment

• LEOAssist
                LEOAssist commented
                Editing a comment
                We waited a decade for a list, what's another 10 yrs going to do... oh I know I'll be collecting my pension and still waiting to be called.

• Crash Test
                Crash Test commented
                Editing a comment
                I know they are going to have to call people eventually but it seems like they are intentionally dragging this out and running down the clock. If they hire only one class off this list it would be legal. They could hire one class each year until the list expires and that would be legal too. Of course we hope they hire multiple classes each year but.... there goes that Final Jeopardy theme song again!

• So almost 3 years and 9 months left until the list expires. If no one is called by January 31, 2020 that will make 6 months down the drain. I can hear that little jingle from the final Jeopardy round playing as we wait and wait and wait some more. Has anyone on this thread called the TBTA this month to ask for an update. I tried but all of the phone lines just keep ringing and no one answers. NYCTA exams unit said they have nothing more to do with this process and keep directing me to TBTA.

Comment

• Originally posted by Crash Test View Post
                So almost 3 years and 9 months left until the list expires. If no one is called by January 31, 2020 that will make 6 months down the drain. I can hear that little jingle from the final Jeopardy round playing as we wait and wait and wait some more. Has anyone on this thread called the TBTA this month to ask for an update. I tried but all of the phone lines just keep ringing and no one answers. NYCTA exams unit said they have nothing more to do with this process and keep directing me to TBTA.

Honestly, I cannot imagine them hiring anyone. I don't know what the civil service rules are and I've heard speculation that because the test was given they were required to come out with a list but that doesn't mean they have to hire anyone off of it. I wouldn't be counting on it if I was you.

With the toll plazas gone there really isn't a whole lot for TBTA to do. Yeah, they have some security posts, and deal with accidents, but it's nothing that NYPD/SP/MTAPD couldn't easily deal with if needed.

I think TBTA will slowly die through attrition at this point. Just my opinion.

Comment

• CO HOPEFUL
                  CO HOPEFUL commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I think we all have to file a class action lawsuit to get the list moving .

• HighwayBob
                  HighwayBob commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Lawsuit for what? There is no requirement I know of that mandates hiring off of an established list. I took the SCPD test in 1996 and there was a cheating scandal that test. They did establish a list but never hired anyone off of it. There is no basis for a lawsuit that I can see.

• When the mta didn’t hire enough people from the last conductor exam, candidates filed a lawsuit and forced the mta to hire a lot of conductors off the list .

Comment

• Crash Test
                  Crash Test commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Sign me up for that lawsuit! Where did you find that information? I searched for it online to do research on the case but I can't find it.
                  Last edited by Crash Test; Yesterday, 08:48 PM.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8812 users online. 444 members and 8368 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X