Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tbta 5606

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Crash Test View Post
    This place is mighty quiet now!! No movement on DCAS in the automated system. I really hope they start calling people soon because I'm sure a lot of people are anxious to know what the new PAT is going to be for this position. My main concern is passing the 1.5 mile run but I'm working on improving my time.
    What is your list # dude ?

    Comment


    • I'm near 700. I messed up and got 98.75 because I got one wrong. I just can't do anything right! I didn't sleep the night before the test!

      Comment


      • CO HOPEFUL
        CO HOPEFUL commented
        Editing a comment
        Good job dude !!!. I messed up royally . I bubbled in the wrong answer on one question by accident and then I didn’t look at the map closely on another question and selected the wrong answer . At least you only got one wrong I got 2 wrong !!! And it was an easy exam !!!

      • Magic_Wealthy
        Magic_Wealthy commented
        Editing a comment
        Good job Crash test. See you in the academy.
        Last edited by Magic_Wealthy; 08-26-2019, 10:41 PM.

    • Thanks but it still might not be good enough. We never know with this agency how many people they will call. The test was easy but the fact that you have hundreds of people with the same score makes it even worse. from 107.50 through 100.00 you have 315 people then from 98.75 it goes from 316 all the way to 886.

      Comment


      • Magic_Wealthy
        Magic_Wealthy commented
        Editing a comment
        Correct...

        But half of those dont want the job anymore. They are elsewhere and VERY comfortable.
        Another half wont pass the physical.
        Another half wont pass backgrounds.
        Andother half will stay at their current job because they cant afford the pay cut.

        Stay positive

      • Crash Test
        Crash Test commented
        Editing a comment
        I'm just itching to get away from where I'm at now. Did you see what they offered in the contract proposal? I'm glad I'm tier 4 but I am not comfortable where I'm at. Thought about promoting to RTO but seniority moves like a snail and I'm worried about the steel dust. Plus I might need to use bathroom and that's when the announcement comes over the loud speaker " Ladies and gentlemen we're sorry for the delay Blah Blah Blah " I'm sliding back and forth like a soul train dancer and holding my stomach at the same time. Nope not me buddy.

      • Magic_Wealthy
        Magic_Wealthy commented
        Editing a comment
        Yupp. I definitely saw the stupid *** contract proposal. They are out of their minds. Im tier 4 as well. And dont sleep on RTO. I came from surface, got 3.5 years in RTO now and I'm off fri/sat already. As for the bathroom breaks, it comes around more frequent that people think.

        I'm eager for this TBTA BTO though. Lets see what happens.

    • Anyone know the tattoo policy for BTOs ??
      also the beard/long hair policy??

      Comment


      • Crash Test
        Crash Test commented
        Editing a comment
        I have seen quite a few BTO's with tattoos and also long hair, braids and dreads! I'm not sure if the policy has changed!

    • Don't ANYONE get your hopes up. I know people at the TOP level of brass and they're only going to hire MAYBE 50 people just because they have to. Otherwise they have to refund everyone's money and they're not going to do that. The TBTA is a **** job, and has only gotten worse over the years. Nobody likes working there, morale is insanely low, and haven't had a contract in YEARS. Union is a joke. They are now being forced into riding buses and subways with almost no training. If you want a real law enforcement job, this ain't it. You'll be lucky if the entire authority isn't disbanded.....and soon.....just FYI

      Comment


      • Originally posted by Justaguy1114 View Post
        Don't ANYONE get your hopes up. I know people at the TOP level of brass and they're only going to hire MAYBE 50 people just because they have to. Otherwise they have to refund everyone's money and they're not going to do that. The TBTA is a **** job, and has only gotten worse over the years. Nobody likes working there, morale is insanely low, and haven't had a contract in YEARS. Union is a joke. They are now being forced into riding buses and subways with almost no training. If you want a real law enforcement job, this ain't it. You'll be lucky if the entire authority isn't disbanded.....and soon.....just FYI
        Not what I've heard from a room full of BTOs, including white shirts.

        Comment


        • Magic_Wealthy
          Magic_Wealthy commented
          Editing a comment
          I dont even know why you replied to him. The guy has 1(one) post. :-/ you gonna listen to someone with ONE post?? A negative post at that. LOL

        • Justaguy1114
          Justaguy1114 commented
          Editing a comment
          Believe what you will, but don't come back and say I was right because I know I am. You may have heard ramblings from a few, but I have gotten solid info from those LITERALLY at the top. Doesn't get any higher. It may come across as negative, but the truth hurts. I'm just trying to get everyone know not to get their hopes up. You think after almost 5 years there was even going to be a list? If they wouldnt have to refund money there wouldnt be. The job is dwindling. NYSPD has take over most of the facilities. There are no more tolls. Your illustrious governor has almost dismantled TBTA. Just don't like seeing everyone being let down. Because you will be. You may have a few people you know, but I have legitimate sources. People who call the shots. Take that however you want. Good luck. Don't quit your jobs.

      • Just spoke to a BTO. Left the Si mall and seen them doing the bus detail. He said that so far it’s just the buses and that he’s not sure how many people are gonna be hired. Really cool guys at that post.

        Comment


        • So according to this guy its cheaper to hire 50 at 40k each than pay back everyone who took the test $40. Lmao I hope more people with that type of IQ passed this test. That means my list of 1xxx is really a 1xx.
          55.......

          Comment


          • Crash Test
            Crash Test commented
            Editing a comment
            It was $47, I remember because I paid it multiple times for other people to also take it ( I'm such a good buddy ) . You don't have to hope because we all know that it is true not only about the IQ but just the lack of ability to follow simple instructions. Just look at some of the comments on here.

          • Magic_Wealthy
            Magic_Wealthy commented
            Editing a comment
            RIGHT ! Anti-crime
            Lmao

        • 100% right ^^
          55.......

          Comment


          • So let's break down the post like this: 1: Do the TOP level brass hire the candidates or is that up to HUMAN RESOURCES? 1a: Is HUMAN RESOURCES controlled or directed by the TOP level brass? 2: I was told that about 20,000 people took the exam so at $47 that would be about $940,000 but then you have to subtract for all the fee waivers that were granted. Even at $940,000 do you honestly think that the MTA can't afford to refund our money? They may not want to but think about this the bus and subway fare is $2.75 x 2 = $5.50 roundtrip multiply that by 7 million riders that = $38,500,000 a DAY now we have to subtract some of that because we know some people just walk past the farebox but still.... So they can afford to refund our money! 3: The claim that TBTA is a **** job seems like a personal attack or grudge ( no need to further review ), and since it has only gotten worse over the years and nobody likes working there..... ( That's sounds amazingly outstanding and super fantastic because that means that they will RUN like they are on fire to RETIRE making room for all the people who want to get hired, not having a contract sucks but then when you settle the contract RETRO pay is coming. Union is a joke sounds like another personal attack. 4: Forced to ride the buses and subways? If your employer gives you an assignment tell us how you handle that directive? 5: Real Law Enforcement job sounds like yet another personal attack and be careful what you wish for about the entire authority being disbanded. Look at MTA Long Island Bus that got taken over by Nassau county and look at the service now! NICE ( Nassau Inter County Express )

            Comment


            • Magic_Wealthy
              Magic_Wealthy commented
              Editing a comment
              Exactly.
              He created an account to take his anger out in TBTA. Lmaooo.

            • BridgeCop
              BridgeCop commented
              Editing a comment
              Don't believe everything you hear. That guy says top brass, #1. Even the top brass don't know what's gonna happen till it happens. How many are they gonna hire, no one knows. This job is constantly evolving. My list took 2000 #'s to hire 400 people. So 1 in 5 get the job. The union doesn't suck it's just small, small unions don't pull much weight but the officers just signed a sick contract. Are we all disgruntled, yeah. But as much smack as you'll hear me talk, I love my job. Where else in the world could a guy like me make 130K doing what I do. TBTA is definitely mismanaged at times but it's not a bad place to work. I took multiple LE exams and looking back on it im happy I ended up where I did. We're not getting disbanded, NYSP isn't taking our jobs. In fact all rumors that are currently circulating are all good outcomes (if they happen) if they don't I'll be just fine right where I am.

          • Originally posted by Crash Test View Post
            So let's break down the post like this: 1: Do the TOP level brass hire the candidates or is that up to HUMAN RESOURCES? 1a: Is HUMAN RESOURCES controlled or directed by the TOP level brass? 2: I was told that about 20,000 people took the exam so at $47 that would be about $940,000 but then you have to subtract for all the fee waivers that were granted. Even at $940,000 do you honestly think that the MTA can't afford to refund our money? They may not want to but think about this the bus and subway fare is $2.75 x 2 = $5.50 roundtrip multiply that by 7 million riders that = $38,500,000 a DAY now we have to subtract some of that because we know some people just walk past the farebox but still.... So they can afford to refund our money! 3: The claim that TBTA is a **** job seems like a personal attack or grudge ( no need to further review ), and since it has only gotten worse over the years and nobody likes working there..... ( That's sounds amazingly outstanding and super fantastic because that means that they will RUN like they are on fire to RETIRE making room for all the people who want to get hired, not having a contract sucks but then when you settle the contract RETRO pay is coming. Union is a joke sounds like another personal attack. 4: Forced to ride the buses and subways? If your employer gives you an assignment tell us how you handle that directive? 5: Real Law Enforcement job sounds like yet another personal attack and be careful what you wish for about the entire authority being disbanded. Look at MTA Long Island Bus that got taken over by Nassau county and look at the service now! NICE ( Nassau Inter County Express )
            That guys is either an idiot or trying to discourage people from taking the job to better his chances.
            55.......

            Comment


            • The agency was over 800 uniformed members a few years ago, its half of what it was. Do you think that they wouldn't have hired more if they really wanted to? Yes, people are counting the minutes until they can retire and run out the door. And the authority wants them to so.they can close it down due to attrition. I have zero grudges to bear and couldn't care less about what anyone thinks they know. I am not on the list and have no skin in the game so I'm not trying to scare anyone off to increase my chances. I do fine now. As far as the money, the mta as a whole doesnt take in nearly what you figured, your math is flawed, but you all know more than me. Me, the guy who speaks to the #1 person in the entire authority on almost a daily basis. But I'm just a troll

              Comment


              • Oh just one more thing.....yeah look at NICE now....massive service cuts due to budgeting issues. Wonderful example

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Justaguy1114 View Post
                  The agency was over 800 uniformed members a few years ago, its half of what it was. Do you think that they wouldn't have hired more if they really wanted to? Yes, people are counting the minutes until they can retire and run out the door. And the authority wants them to so.they can close it down due to attrition. I have zero grudges to bear and couldn't care less about what anyone thinks they know. I am not on the list and have no skin in the game so I'm not trying to scare anyone off to increase my chances. I do fine now. As far as the money, the mta as a whole doesnt take in nearly what you figured, your math is flawed, but you all know more than me. Me, the guy who speaks to the #1 person in the entire authority on almost a daily basis. But I'm just a troll
                  Why do you care so much? What are you getting out of this? If you are a Troll, fine. You aren't unique.

                  If you are real, fine... you said you peace and warned people. Let it play out and see what happens. Perhaps you will be right in the end and have the last laugh. But for the sake of all that is holy, please stop saying you "Talk to the #1 guy in the MTA on a daily basis" makes you seem... I don't know the word... needy?

                  Perhaps you are an MTA porter and clean the MTA Chairman's office on a daily basis? Who knows?

                  Just let it go.

                  Comment


                  • I’d like to know who he thinks is the “#1 person” and the “decision maker”.
                    sigpic

                    Comment


                    • BridgeCop
                      BridgeCop commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Haters gonna hate, taters gonna tate

                  MR300x250 Tablet

                  Collapse

                  What's Going On

                  Collapse

                  There are currently 5082 users online. 227 members and 4855 guests.

                  Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                  Welcome Ad

                  Collapse
                  Working...
                  X