300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Magic_Wealthy View Post

MY thoughts EXACTLY ! All that negativity is not neccessary. Thats like me coming on hetr telling people they wont pass the physical or psych. Come on now.

Also, will YOU leave FDNY for TBTA ?? Thats a tough one. Lol. Firefighter right?? Cause thats one of my top 3 best jobs in the city hands down !
    Ems to fire fighter promo bro or fire inspector but who knows I love the fire department so let’s see, also yeah I use to be on these forums hoping for some good Insight and go figure you got these guys who spend all there time going through past forums and reading every damn thing they think they know the process now and they have the right to tell people whether or not they’ll make it on the job based on speculation and there not even on the job! The irony lol I used to do this and I learned hard to humble up, like I said a lot of people who scored high probably forgot about this exam and is holding high high positions, but unless maybe you want a gun and a shield for whatever reasons then you’ll take that cut lol anyways I’m done ranting, good luck to all of you, I wish you all the best in fhe process, keep this forum alive with positivity, take that negativity else where and support one another cause you never know.

Comment

• Originally posted by Retro23 View Post
      Hey Guy's the list is official, I just got my letter in the mail. It came from NYC Transit 180 Livingston Personal Testing and Selection Unit. Its says list was established on on 7/31/2019 and my score and list number are the same from the Civil Service List NYC open data link posted a few pages back.

Looks like the wheels are in motion guys just hope I get called, scored a 96.25 with list 20XX.
      Congrats! I got mine today as well. List 29. F yeah! Now what? lol. They'll drag this until it expires. Probably created a list just to say that they did, and avoid any legal action or something. I have no idea.

Comment

• CO HOPEFUL
        CO HOPEFUL commented
        Editing a comment
        Good job raca , you will get called

• What's the current contract/salary/pay scales for this job? Been searching online & finding conflicting results... & I'm sure several candidates who took this exam were shocked to see a list was generated 5 years later, after taking other positions.

Comment

• Originally posted by SINY_RV7 View Post
        What's the current contract/salary/pay scales for this job? Been searching online & finding conflicting results... & I'm sure several candidates who took this exam were shocked to see a list was generated 5 years later, after taking other positions.
        Actually looking for this info at the moment! I only see the salary discussed on the exam notice, but it has to have increased by now. $39K starting, back in 2014.

Comment

• Originally posted by Magic_Wealthy View Post

Why so negative about it though ?
          I’m not being negative I’m being real

Comment

• WILLDOGS
            WILLDOGS commented
            Editing a comment
            You are not being REAL unless you have a special gift to look into the future. YOU do not know what list number they will get up to. Period. These are only your OPINIONS. Stop giving out information like you have facts.

All of these years later many people are not taking this job including me. Many people will pass it up. Most likely MY OPINION is that list numbers will move faster than normal due the circumstances (Putting the list out so many years later). We will see.

• Originally posted by PuertoRican_COP View Post

Congrats , now I’m sitting and waiting for my letter in the mail. Hopefully it comes in soon excited to see if they start processing fast
          They started calling people for the physical
          already.

Comment

• PuertoRican_COP
            PuertoRican_COP commented
            Editing a comment
            I passed the cooper standard for nyc deputy sheriff last year I checked a few days ago if I still got it which I do but I’m cutting it close. Corrections takes it toll on your body with the doubles and not having a lot of time to work out. Going to start hitting the gym hard again. I was able to bang out 32 pushing in one minute , 38 sit ups , and my run in 11:47

• Does anyone know the physical fitness standards? I just got my letter as well but I'm no where near the shape I was when I took this exam damn near 5 years ago!

Comment

• Originally posted by MrCollaz0 View Post
            Does anyone know the physical fitness standards? I just got my letter as well but I'm no where near the shape I was when I took this exam damn near 5 years ago!
            Google the cooper standard for it goes by age and gender
            Exams Taken:
            NYPD, NYPDSSA ,NYPDTEA NYCDEP, NYCDOC ,NYCDOS Enforcement, PAPD ,NYSDOC, NYPD dispatcher, NCPD, NYS Trooper, NYS University Police (downstate/upstate), Monroe County PD, Chenango Sheriff, Rochester PD, YPD ,OC Sheriff.

In Process:
            NYPDPC Exam 2214
            APD5- Complete
            Medical- Complete

JST- 11/20/2013
            Oral/Psyc- 11/27/2013
            Mini Med - ?

Comment

• MrCollaz0
              MrCollaz0 commented
              Editing a comment
              So I'm pretty much not getting in then smh

• Deleted old reply
            Last edited by Brooklynsfinest93; 08-17-2019, 11:27 PM. Reason: deleted

Comment

• Pay rates aren’t out yet so I don’t know the exact salary numbers since a new contract was signed on 6/17/19. The starting pay is going to be most likely around 39k, after 12 weeks it will jump to roughly 46k, new top pay is 80k.

its been a long time since I was a BTO, Supervisors have different stipend rates so if I remember correctly the following stipends for BTOs are:

CI/CO- $2,500 paid in December
              Longevity- $1600 (5 years of service) paid in December
              Uniform- $1600 paid in January
              Holiday- amount varies for unused paid holiday time paid in March
              Sick leave cash out- amount varies for cash out up to 3 days per year paid in March
              Law Enforcement Diff- $545 paid in July

From what I’m hearing by the end of the year the top pay should be going up to low-mid 90k’s once the union is finished with “expedited impasse bargaining” which was part of the June contract to have a arbitrator sell off the work rules the MTA wants from us.
              sigpic

Comment

• What’s the dates of the PAT?
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by CO HOPEFUL View Post

They started calling people for the physical
                  already.
                  Wait a minute... How would you even know that?

Comment

• WILLDOGS
                    WILLDOGS commented
                    Editing a comment
                    He knows nothing.

• I was just about to ask that same question! NYCTA and NYPD in the past have started processing people before the list were established but they were short staffed and going through a hiring crisis. I hope that would be the case here since the last class hired was in 2009 but I doubt it. Also the first step in the hiring process is usually the orientation at 2 Broadway! Has anyone on here received a letter to attend the Orientation or as CO HOPEFUL stated the Physical?

Comment

• DCAS now has the Exam scores and list numbers in the system. I just checked this morning at around 8 am and my score and list number are the same as the list on open data.

Comment

• Does anyone who does the hiring process like background , psychological , physical , and medical ? Like is it another agency like deputy sheriff use to use nypd to do their psychological for processing
                      Exams Taken:
                      NYPD, NYPDSSA ,NYPDTEA NYCDEP, NYCDOC ,NYCDOS Enforcement, PAPD ,NYSDOC, NYPD dispatcher, NCPD, NYS Trooper, NYS University Police (downstate/upstate), Monroe County PD, Chenango Sheriff, Rochester PD, YPD ,OC Sheriff.

In Process:
                      NYPDPC Exam 2214
                      APD5- Complete
                      Medical- Complete

JST- 11/20/2013
                      Oral/Psyc- 11/27/2013
                      Mini Med - ?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4678 users online. 176 members and 4502 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X