Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't think anyone is more annoyed than me! Since 2015 just trying to get information has been like a full time job. NYCTA examinations unit said they just administered the test and to call DCAS who said they have nothing to do with giving civil service test for the MTA and directed us to call Bridges and Tunnels who said they didn't give the exam and we should contact NYCTA exams unit. A few months ago NYCTA exams unit said that our scores and list # would be sent to us but NOT by DCAS and that DCAS is not going to be involved with this process but they are just going to hold the list. So after I checked the automated system and heard 5606 in there I called DCAS to speak to a live person and when I asked him who was going to be sending out the info and he said DCAS. He then went on to say that he doesn't know why the NYCTA exams unit would say that. I'm glad that progress is being made but I'm sure many of us will remain on the edge of our seats until they start calling people for the orientation.

Comment

• I also asked about the information from open data with the names, scores and list #s and DCAS stated that the information is not official. I don't know if this is true just stating what DCAS told me about it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Crash Test View Post
        I also asked about the information from open data with the names, scores and list #s and DCAS stated that the information is not official. I don't know if this is true just stating what DCAS told me about it.
        The list isn’t official until you physically have that envelope in your hand stating the final grade and list number, or when an official finalized list is published. The link with the names and numbers just seems like a preliminary “list” of people that took the test and their score, and the list numbers are possibly the numerical number that their original test application was received, or the numerical order that specific answer sheet that was popped into the scantron machine.

Comment

• It does appear that a lot of people scored well on the exam. It's almost as bad as the last sanitation exam where you got in the 90s but your list # is almost 35,000. Good thing about this test is the process to get hired is much harder. A lot of people are not willing to drop from their current salary especially those making over 100k a year. Then you have the group of eligibles that do not want to give up the seniority at their current job. Summer vacation, 5 weeks vacation, ability to pick any shift and job they want. So hopefully most of us willing to accept these changes will get the opportunity to at least process for the job.
          Last edited by Crash Test; 08-17-2019, 07:23 AM.

Comment

• As other have mentioned, the test was 4 years ago. A lot of people have gotten employed by other agencies (and are probably well off probation, and nearing top pay). And people not knowing it’s a LE job and so on. It would be great for me since my time/pension with my current job will carry over up front, so if called I’m going. Lol

Comment

• yup, i was called by another agency and love it here, so definitely not processing if and when they do decide to start, good luck everyone.

Comment

• Originally posted by DocMorbid View Post

The list isn’t official until you physically have that envelope in your hand stating the final grade and list number, or when an official finalized list is published. The link with the names and numbers just seems like a preliminary “list” of people that took the test and their score, and the list numbers are possibly the numerical number that their original test application was received, or the numerical order that specific answer sheet that was popped into the scantron machine.
                I believe the scores & list numbers will be the same as generated. Only way they will change is if people did not have their military points added. about 99% of the time I see my score & List number on the DCAS Data system it doesn't change and I get the letter in the mail with the same list number.
                Exams Taken:
                NYPD, NYPDSSA ,NYPDTEA NYCDEP, NYCDOC ,NYCDOS Enforcement, PAPD ,NYSDOC, NYPD dispatcher, NCPD, NYS Trooper, NYS University Police (downstate/upstate), Monroe County PD, Chenango Sheriff, Rochester PD, YPD ,OC Sheriff.

In Process:
                NYPDPC Exam 2214
                APD5- Complete
                Medical- Complete

JST- 11/20/2013
                Oral/Psyc- 11/27/2013
                Mini Med - ?

Comment

• Hey Guy's the list is official, I just got my letter in the mail. It came from NYC Transit 180 Livingston Personal Testing and Selection Unit. Its says list was established on on 7/31/2019 and my score and list number are the same from the Civil Service List NYC open data link posted a few pages back.

Looks like the wheels are in motion guys just hope I get called, scored a 96.25 with list 20XX.
                  NYPD
                  Exam # 8000
                  Score: 95
                  Medical - ??
                  Written Psych Exam - ??
                  Oral Psych - ?
                  J.S.T. - ??
                  Meeting w/ BI - ??
                  Mini Med - ??
                  Academy- ??

Comment

• Well it looks like NYCTA exams unit had it right. DCAS told me they would be sending out our results but the important thing is getting the results. Hopefully they start calling soon like next month. I would miss the pay and seniority but not much else from my current title! If I get called I'm running top speed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Retro23 View Post
                      Hey Guy's the list is official, I just got my letter in the mail. It came from NYC Transit 180 Livingston Personal Testing and Selection Unit. Its says list was established on on 7/31/2019 and my score and list number are the same from the Civil Service List NYC open data link posted a few pages back.

Looks like the wheels are in motion guys just hope I get called, scored a 96.25 with list 20XX.
                      Congrats , now I’m sitting and waiting for my letter in the mail. Hopefully it comes in soon excited to see if they start processing fast
                      Exams Taken:
                      NYPD, NYPDSSA ,NYPDTEA NYCDEP, NYCDOC ,NYCDOS Enforcement, PAPD ,NYSDOC, NYPD dispatcher, NCPD, NYS Trooper, NYS University Police (downstate/upstate), Monroe County PD, Chenango Sheriff, Rochester PD, YPD ,OC Sheriff.

In Process:
                      NYPDPC Exam 2214
                      APD5- Complete
                      Medical- Complete

JST- 11/20/2013
                      Oral/Psyc- 11/27/2013
                      Mini Med - ?

Comment

• Rh992
                        Rh992 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Yeah so am i. However I now really need to start upping my workouts bc I kinda let myself go 2 years ago due to family issues.

• Retro, you probaly won’t get called up your list # is too high . If you do get called it will be almost when the list expires so about 4 years .

Comment

• Puertorican cop will get called up , good job on getting 100 on the exam ! Congrats !

Comment

• PuertoRican_COP
                          PuertoRican_COP commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Why thank you , still waiting on the official letter to come in the mail

• Damnnn so when I join FDNY mta wants to send the results for tbta exam lmao, I’m in the 7000 range and also to those of you who are telling people there list is too high chill out, be happy Atleast they pass and give them some hope, who are you to tell them they probably won’t get called ? Unless you work for the exam unit who makes the calls for mta I say stop with the speculation and be happy that people might have a chance At being called and that a list is established till then y’all have a nice day and good luck with the process, also the amount of people who are going to decline this job is high as hell cause it’s been too long and you never know, congrats to everyone who made it onto this list and hope to see y’all on one of my calls on a bridge.

Comment

• CO HOPEFUL
                          CO HOPEFUL commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Because I’m being a realist . I’m not being negative with a list # in the 7000’s you’re not leaving fdny
                          Believe me . This is a small agency anyway they will not
                          Hire many people . The top 500 on the list will get called that’s it

• Originally posted by CO HOPEFUL View Post
                        Retro, you probaly won’t get called up your list # is too high . If you do get called it will be almost when the list expires so about 4 years .
                        Why so negative about it though ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Brooklynsfinest93 View Post
                          Damnnn so when I join FDNY mta wants to send the results for tbta exam lmao, I’m in the 7000 range and also to those of you who are telling people there list is too high chill out, be happy Atleast they pass and give them some hope, who are you to tell them they probably won’t get called ? Unless you work for the exam unit who makes the calls for mta I say stop with the speculation and be happy that people might have a chance At being called and that a list is established till then y’all have a nice day and good luck with the process, also the amount of people who are going to decline this job is high as hell cause it’s been too long and you never know, congrats to everyone who made it onto this list and hope to see y’all on one of my calls on a bridge.
                          MY thoughts EXACTLY ! All that negativity is not neccessary. Thats like me coming on hetr telling people they wont pass the physical or psych. Come on now.

Also, will YOU leave FDNY for TBTA ?? Thats a tough one. Lol. Firefighter right?? Cause thats one of my top 3 best jobs in the city hands down !
                          Last edited by Magic_Wealthy; 08-17-2019, 05:49 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7648 users online. 446 members and 7202 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X