Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We all seem to want the job lets just score as high as possible and when orientation comes and we get called if we all get on we introduce ourselves by our names on the forum and meet up if they many signed up we just gotta fight for that spot I know I am

Nyc law enforcement hopeful

Comment

• Thanks Junior214, I already took another course before so hopefully that works, plus i been driving for a trucking company for almost 5 years now so hopefully that helps too.

And by what NYCpoorest stated is definitely the truth, a question that alot of us have in our minds, and like you said the best thing we can do is score high as possible on the test. I'm pretty confident me and the rest of you guys on this thread will do well on this test and get called for.
      Last edited by impact87; 01-06-2015, 10:09 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by impact87 View Post
        Thanks Junior214, I already took another course before so hopefully that works, plus i been driving for a trucking company for almost 5 years now so hopefully that helps too.

And by what NYCpoorest stated is definitely the truth, a question that alot of us have in our minds, and like you said the best thing we can do is score high on the test. I'm pretty confident me and the rest of you guys on this thread will do well on this test and get called for.
        If you work for trucking you have a cdl already? I was thinking of taking the cdl but I would rather wait to get offered the position before I jump the gun. I really have no use for the license other than law enforcement. I do bathroom remodeling so I use vans regular fords. I don't know about other guys but I reached a point in my life I need a change I want to start something new

Comment

Thanks Junior214, I already took another course before so hopefully that works, plus i been driving for a trucking company for almost 5 years now so hopefully that helps too.

And by what NYCpoorest stated is definitely the truth, a question that alot of us have in our minds, and like you said the best thing we can do is score high as possible on the test. I'm pretty confident me and the rest of you guys on this thread will do well on this test and get called for.
          Gotta go for that 100 score !

Comment

• Originally posted by Junior214 View Post
            We got a comedian here

When did the truth become funny ?

Comment

• Originally posted by NYCpoorest View Post
              When did the truth become funny ?
              Just trying to lighten the mood we are all competing for that spot but if we all get on then we patrol or do whatever we are assigned to do

Comment

Just trying to lighten the mood we are all competing for that spot but if we all get on then we patrol or do whatever we are assigned to do

Yes but you still have to be realistic, you signed up for the exam just wait for the test take it and forget about it. Chances are super slim to get on with them. This isn't like NYSP where they hire more than 200 people a exam. I'm more worried about NYPD NYSP NYCDOC PAPD and court officer where there going to hire a lot of people

Comment

If you work for trucking you have a cdl already? I was thinking of taking the cdl but I would rather wait to get offered the position before I jump the gun. I really have no use for the license other than law enforcement. I do bathroom remodeling so I use vans regular fords. I don't know about other guys but I reached a point in my life I need a change I want to start something new

Yes I have a cdl class b. If i didn't have it now I would definitely let them train me for it. Its more cheaper compared to any other driving school and once you have it, all they're going to do is deduct it out of your paycheck until its paid off. I definitely need a change myself, and tbta sounds perfect for me.

Comment

Yes but you still have to be realistic, you signed up for the exam just wait for the test take it and forget about it. Chances are super slim to get on with them. This isn't like NYSP where they hire more than 200 people a exam. I'm more worried about NYPD NYSP NYCDOC PAPD and court officer where there going to hire a lot of people
                    If you don't mind me asking bc we both been on different forums have you taken all these exams? I have taken all except for papd and nysp. Yea its a gamble that tbta hires us guys that go back and fourth on these forums but isn't all the agencies that way even though it's civil service isn't all of them a chance that we don't get on?

Comment

Yes I have a cdl class b. If i didn't have it now I would definitely let them train me for it. Its more cheaper compared to any other driving school and once you have it, all they're going to do is deduct it out of your paycheck until its paid off. I definitely need a change myself, and tbta sounds perfect for me.
                      Yea a few more weeks and one day is all we get and then it's the waiting game just like every other exam. tbta seems to go faster than other exams the state gives based off the forums but I could be wrong and it's just as long as everything else. I am a patient man I'm not going nowhere

Comment

If you don't mind me asking bc we both been on different forums have you taken all these exams? I have taken all except for papd and nysp. Yea its a gamble that tbta hires us guys that go back and fourth on these forums but isn't all the agencies that way even though it's civil service isn't all of them a chance that we don't get on?

Yes I have only one I'm missing is mta pd

Comment

No NYPD NYCDOC run down the whole list they call everyone unlike tbta who plan to hire 200 people off the whole list over a period of a couple of years. If your the last person the the NYPD list you will get called. If your last on the tbta list well you should just move on

Comment

No NYPD NYCDOC run down the whole list they call everyone unlike tbta who plan to hire 200 people off the whole list over a period of a couple of years. If your the last person the the NYPD list you will get called. If your last on the tbta list well you should just move on
                            I know the process the gamble part I was referring to was just getting on the job not getting selected bc of background or you failed the psych stuff like that. I agree 100% tbta should go to the end of the list but I see they aren't that big of a dept and once they reach there number of open vacancies like you said move on you won't get called good luck on wherever you end up at im sure you will be called

Comment

• xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                              Last edited by Brooklynite; 07-13-2017, 02:32 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brooklynite View Post
                                It is a gamble, yet I still feel fairly confident that I will score high, say 95 and above. My worry is, and correct me if I am wrong, that MTA is a public benefit corporation which means they do not have to adhere to the same hiring standards as another city/state agency, i.e., NYPD, FDNY.

For example, say myself and another candidate have identical critera and backgrounds as prospective employees. The only difference being, however, is that candidate's candiate's family member is a VP (or any other higher up, really) in the MTA. Ergo, because of this connection, he would get selected over myself, thereby DQ'ing me pursuant to the 1 in 3 rule or whatever other crap the decide to come up with.

I've heard that it can go both ways, and it's the fact of NOT knowing how it works which makes me aprehensive. This is a great gig and I would feel a lot more comfortable knowing or close to know how exactly they hire when being compared to a typical city/state agency.
                                They are under mta but tbta does there own thing. Only a few years ago the city stopped giving out the tests. Tbta is civil service there in tier 6 now. The 1 in 3 rule I heard to be true others say it's not to much speculation. My thing is not to stress that part let the exam and process take its course we'll know what really goes on soon enough. I don't think mta pd and tbta have the same hiring guide lines. Let's just see how this plays out

Nypd exam 3319 5xx
                                Nyc doc 3303 5xx
                                Special officer 3329 list 3xx
                                NYS court officer tbd 2015?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12382 users online. 558 members and 11824 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X