300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CloudPuncher View Post
    A LT who is on the BTOBA board told me himself that they were in the process of certifying the list and will be hiring off it when he came to my agency for training. Maybe someone who's on the job like gbotj can confirm. I will ask a friend who works at QMT. I know people are hesitant to believe they will actually hire because of the whole fiasco with this exam but let's stay positive. If you don't know or haven't heard anything from a competent authority, don't state things matter-of-factly.
    It's crazy how people listhen to made up merger talks then people actually on the job

Comment

• Originally posted by nycapomts View Post
      Hi guys, so my contact told me that it looks more like a merger happing with MTAPD this first time he tells me this. Also he said that DCAS has the exam and waiting to stablish the list, I find that weird because it was MTA that gave the exam.
      Really, I am going to to take a walk to DCAS and ask see what information I can get.
      Exam: 8329 List: 5$#

Comment

• By far this Agency is very unorganized but then again it is the MTA, what I do know is that alot of this folks on the job know something and are not sharing it. I truly wish they would hire. Don't understand the point spending lots of money on a new academy facility etc if no plan in hiring.

Comment

• Well the merger talks definitely aren’t merely a rumor at this point, however there is nothing too substantial for me to believe otherwise this early in the game. Things with Tbta change every year, we have so many outside influences on our job that one minute the mta makes a decision, followed by the governors office making another call, then finally Tbta decides to do something they want. Between the economic downfall circa 2008-2010 when TBTA was pinching pennies, to cuomo ordering cashless tolling and elimination portions of the job, working with the troopers, and now basically doing the job of MTAPD and NYPD Transit. The truth is no one knows what’s going on other than the mta telling us they plan on using us in the subways for a long long time and that it’s going to be a major function of our job.
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by gbotj View Post
            Well the merger talks definitely aren’t merely a rumor at this point, however there is nothing too substantial for me to believe otherwise this early in the game. Things with Tbta change every year, we have so many outside influences on our job that one minute the mta makes a decision, followed by the governors office making another call, then finally Tbta decides to do something they want. Between the economic downfall circa 2008-2010 when TBTA was pinching pennies, to cuomo ordering cashless tolling and elimination portions of the job, working with the troopers, and now basically doing the job of MTAPD and NYPD Transit. The truth is no one knows what’s going on other than the mta telling us they plan on using us in the subways for a long long time and that it’s going to be a major function of our job.
            I think some people think the merger is a 1-2-3 thing since there both "MTA". But the first problem I see is TBTA is civil service MTAPD is not then you have seniority issues and not to mention TBTA are peace officers and MTAPD are police officers. If you don't believe I definitely don't at least not in the near future. Maybe a couple of years ? Who knows . But if TBTA officer are going to get a nice retro I see a whole lot of them leaving .

Comment

• Originally posted by nycapomts View Post

Really, I am going to to take a walk to DCAS and ask see what information I can get.
              DCAS did not administer the test it was done by MTA

Comment

• CO HOPEFUL
                CO HOPEFUL commented
                Editing a comment
                It doesn’t matter who administers the exam . Dcas is responsible for scoring and creating the list for all city exams . They are the governing body for all Nyc civil service exams

• Okay thats cool, TBTA is not a city agency ............ In the past TBTA had Dcas administer their BTO exams for them but as far as exam 5606 MTA administered that exam.
              Last edited by Anti-crime ; 06-19-2019, 10:21 AM.

Comment

• CO HOPEFUL
                CO HOPEFUL commented
                Editing a comment
                I know they are not a city agency but the exam
                Is still a nyc civil service exam . Dcas scores and creates the list for it .

• Your completely wrong mta gave the exam DCAS has nothing to do with it. And it's NOT a NYC civil service exam if it's not a city agency. Are you on the job as a CO?

Comment

• CO HOPEFUL is correct, the agreement with MTA and DCAS is MTA will administer the examination and then all test materials and results are sent to DCAS for review and certification. DCAS then certifies the list and publishes it. At this point, the list IS certified however has not been published.

As far as a merger, it’s already been done in the MTAPD, when MNRRPD and LIRRPD merged there were 2 seniority lists for the MTA system, if you remained in your system you followed your original seniority, outside your system you followed a MTA seniority. I would assume this would continue to be the case. SIRT Police merged in with MTAPD and kept their 25 year retirement plan rather than gain the MTA Police Special 20 year retirement, I would believe TBTA would keep the 20/50. As far as training considerations, we are being told (right now) that everyone will be sent to NYPD academy for PO training. Please keep in mind, everything except the last point I have made is merely speculation, and even the portion about training is only to bring everyone up to par with NYPD and MTAPD training-wise. They are not negotiating a merger at this point, however it looks like in the future that’s most likely what will happen.
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by gbotj View Post
                  CO HOPEFUL is correct, the agreement with MTA and DCAS is MTA will administer the examination and then all test materials and results are sent to DCAS for review and certification. DCAS then certifies the list and publishes it. At this point, the list IS certified however has not been published.

As far as a merger, it’s already been done in the MTAPD, when MNRRPD and LIRRPD merged there were 2 seniority lists for the MTA system, if you remained in your system you followed your original seniority, outside your system you followed a MTA seniority. I would assume this would continue to be the case. SIRT Police merged in with MTAPD and kept their 25 year retirement plan rather than gain the MTA Police Special 20 year retirement, I would believe TBTA would keep the 20/50. As far as training considerations, we are being told (right now) that everyone will be sent to NYPD academy for PO training. Please keep in mind, everything except the last point I have made is merely speculation, and even the portion about training is only to bring everyone up to par with NYPD and MTAPD training-wise. They are not negotiating a merger at this point, however it looks like in the future that’s most likely what will happen.
                  Interesting , my bad co hopefull

Comment

• Correct me if I’m wrong but the TBTA academy was never 6 months right? I’m hearing now it’s going to be 6 months which I’m surprised since they don’t get Police status

Comment

• Originally posted by S13ChrisM View Post
                      Correct me if I’m wrong but the TBTA academy was never 6 months right? I’m hearing now it’s going to be 6 months which I’m surprised since they don’t get Police status
                      That what the rumors are that is going to be six months in anticipation of Police Officer Status, but what I don't understand is why spend so and much money building the new academy and then giving a exam to not hire. Also it seem that not even the academy instructors know what's going on.

Comment

• Magic_Wealthy
                        Magic_Wealthy commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Not hire ??
                        Read gbotj's last comment. The list is certified...
                        Just hasnt been established yet.
                        Last edited by Magic_Wealthy; 06-20-2019, 09:07 PM. Reason: Typo

• Magic_wealthy - I got it, but the question now is when was it certified so like that can get a time frame as to maybe they-going to establish the official list.

Comment

• Maybe never. Everyone should just take other exams . The court officer exam should be coming out soon .

Comment

• Tye902
                          Tye902 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Yes it should be that’s the exam that everyone is gonna take and be hard to get on

• Guys, not that this means much, but TBTA Officers started this past week deploying for training with fare enforcement etc. Also for does that don't know they settle the contract and was approved by the MTA and top pay will be 80 K and night differential will bring it to 92k. This agency is good agency work for , your as busy as you want be base on the info all my sources tell me but after this end of the year many Officers are going to retire.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10301 users online. 521 members and 9780 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X