300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• https://www.amny.com/transit/subway-...nyc-1.32521139

Gov. Andrew Cuomo on Monday announced he would be directing 500 additional law enforcement agents to the subway system to combat assaults against transit workers and what the MTA believes to be an increase in fare evasion. Cuomo said he also will explore additional video monitoring.

Of the 500 new police officers, 200 will be added NYPD officers; 200 will be redeployed MTA police and another 100 will be transferred from the MTA Bridge and Tunnel police force. The force will begin ramping up on Monday, with the added officers focusing on 50 subway stations and another 50 bus routes. Cuomo said there is a correlation between stations and routes where there is a high level of worker assaults and fare evasion.

Comment

• 180 Bridge and Tunnel Officers will be deployed to patrol NYC Subways on a joint task force with MTAPD to combat fare evasion. The task force is geared to enforce fare evasion and promote employee safety in reducing assaults on MTA employees in the transit and bus systems. Bridge and Tunnel Officers were awarded a CBA of total 23% bringing top pay to $80k. Part of the CBA is an agreement to bring remaining work rules in front of an arbitrator for compensation (the rumored number is 93k for top pay). BTOBA pattern bargaining was taken away from TWU with this contract and given pattern with MTAPD. Honestly this is the first time I’ve seen such major changes on this job and it’s actually quite exciting, a lot of us are looking forward to the new functions and partnerships.
      sigpic

Comment

• WILLDOGS
        WILLDOGS commented
        Editing a comment
        Nice to see you around here again. Thanks for the update! Exciting stuff. Stick around a bit

• Originally posted by gbotj View Post
      180 Bridge and Tunnel Officers will be deployed to patrol NYC Subways on a joint task force with MTAPD to combat fare evasion. The task force is geared to enforce fare evasion and promote employee safety in reducing assaults on MTA employees in the transit and bus systems. Bridge and Tunnel Officers were awarded a CBA of total 23% bringing top pay to $80k. Part of the CBA is an agreement to bring remaining work rules in front of an arbitrator for compensation (the rumored number is 93k for top pay). BTOBA pattern bargaining was taken away from TWU with this contract and given pattern with MTAPD. Honestly this is the first time I’ve seen such major changes on this job and it’s actually quite exciting, a lot of us are looking forward to the new functions and partnerships.
      Any new word when the list and processing is going to start ?

Comment

• CO HOPEFUL
        CO HOPEFUL commented
        Editing a comment
        The word is never

• With this new contract they created a new wage progression of 2 additional steps to top pay for new hires (7 years now), new hires pay 2% into medical. The MTA is still working towards additional work rule changes (more LE oriented than current work rules) and they probably won’t hire until those work rules are changed.
      sigpic

Comment

• CO HOPEFUL
        CO HOPEFUL commented
        Editing a comment
        I don’t understand why they changed the wage progression and medical costs if they don’t even plan on hiring. Makes no sense at all

• They are not going to hire anyone from this list . The new contract will entice a lot of the tbta officers to not retire especially when they are getting paid a lot more money . Think about it guys . The mta will just pay overtime if needed instead of hiring new blood .

Comment

• Originally posted by gbotj View Post
        With this new contract they created a new wage progression of 2 additional steps to top pay for new hires (7 years now), new hires pay 2% into medical. The MTA is still working towards additional work rule changes (more LE oriented than current work rules) and they probably won’t hire until those work rules are changed.
        Does that apply to people who have X amount of years working for the city (prior to tier 6), with their pension in NYCERS?

Comment

• Magic_Wealthy
          Magic_Wealthy commented
          Editing a comment
          VERY good question. Because I'm tier 4. going on 8 years with NYCTA. (Train Operator now)

• CO HOPEFUL
          CO HOPEFUL commented
          Editing a comment
          A new contract has nothing to do with what tier you are in . They are 2 separate things. You would still be treated as a new hire regardless if you are currently a city employee or in the Nycers system .

• Josel1992
          Josel1992 commented
          Editing a comment
          CO hopeful .. I think that’s incorrect info,
          I just started with the city and people in my class that were tier 4 prior to starting this new job were able to remain tier 4

• You would keep your tier, we’ve had a lot of bus drivers and transit guys come over for the retirement. As a new hire you would start back from step 1 salary though and pay the 2% into medical.
        sigpic

Comment

• Magic_Wealthy
          Magic_Wealthy commented
          Editing a comment
          any idea on what step 1 salary would be ?
          And you saw alot of transit guys come over for the retirement, so my MTA time would count on the front end of TBTA time correct ? (I have 8 in, come to TBTA and do 12 more)

• Hi guys, so my contact told me that it looks more like a merger happing with MTAPD this first time he tells me this. Also he said that DCAS has the exam and waiting to stablish the list, I find that weird because it was MTA that gave the exam.
        Exam: 8329 List: 5$#

Comment

• Magic_Wealthy
          Magic_Wealthy commented
          Editing a comment
          you might be mistaking....I remember DCAS administering this exam.

• Yes that’s correct they are looking to merge with mtapd

Comment

• If they mere with MTAPD....that means they MUST be paid the same. and top pay for MTAPD is $99,380 after 7 years. makes sense right?

Comment

• Comment

• Any transit time counts up front
              sigpic

Comment

• Magic_Wealthy
                Magic_Wealthy commented
                Editing a comment
                That is MUSIC to my ears right now.
                Thanks for coming back and posting with us gbotj ! Keep us posted on any updates.

• All of you guys on the list for tbta officer can forget about being called .they will not create this list at all . Think about it logically .the alleged mass exodus of next year will not happen now because of the big pay rise officers are receiving plus the merger into mtapd will make the mtapd overstaffed plus guys will be staying longer because their pensions will be bigger . All of you guys should Try for another agency if you can because this one will not hire anyone mark my words . The list will Be thrown out and all of us will receive a refund .

Comment

• Everyone is still flying out the door. No amount of money will keep these guys working. The $70k retro checks may make them leave even before 20!
                sigpic

Comment

• A LT who is on the BTOBA board told me himself that they were in the process of certifying the list and will be hiring off it when he came to my agency for training. Maybe someone who's on the job like gbotj can confirm. I will ask a friend who works at QMT. I know people are hesitant to believe they will actually hire because of the whole fiasco with this exam but let's stay positive. If you don't know or haven't heard anything from a competent authority, don't state things matter-of-factly.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7941 users online. 424 members and 7517 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X