Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TruGuardian
    replied
    Station Agents have been phased out going on twenty years now...

paying 10 employees at $50 an hour is easier and cheaper than paying a 100 employees at $30 an hour. Especially when you NEED the 100 employees, and the ten employees you can always re-assign & re-trained them to do some other task/duties.

Leave a comment:

• NYCpoorest
    replied
    Originally posted by REDBIRD1031 View Post
    I BELEIVE ALMOST $30 HR IS AFTER 2016 FOR STATION AGENT. BUT MAYBE THATS NOT THE PROBLEM. MAYBE ITS $37.50 HR IS NOT ENOUGH FOR SOMEONE THAT IS A TARGET OUT THERE FOR MANY EDP's N PERPS OUT THERE . MAYBE PUTTING YOUR LIFE ON THE LINE EVERYTIME YOU PUT THAT UNIFORM ON OR HANG THAT SHEILD AROUND YOUR NECK.. IS WORTH MORE
    Their jobs are more important and harder than EMS that's why they get paid more -__-. It's disgusting how much they get paid to sit behind a glass window. Don't try to justify it in any way. Heck they get paid more than BTOs. Don't make their jobs make important or dangerous then it really is because your not fooling anyone. I would love one of them to sit in the back with a crazy EDP acting up or have blood of someone with HIV all of you, I doubt they would even stand infront of a burning building waiting for patients to be brought to them.
    Last edited by NYCpoorest; 05-01-2015, 07:27 PM.

Leave a comment:

• REDBIRD1031
    replied
    Originally posted by 20NOutLife View Post
    SO, i just did some simple math and calculate something. FireFighter/Police Officer/Correction Officer only make a top base pay $76,488 which is about $36.70hr after 5.5 YEARS.(Not counting everything else) We risked our life and limbs to protect and save others. Paramedic/EMT barely makes $25hr and they rushing in to save lifes and are the initial "doctor" for people, requires a TON of training. But you telling me a station clerk that gives direction and sell metro card makes $30hr after 3 years is ridiculous. No education require or background check, etc. I just think that this is a little unfair, especially when MTA is always crying broke and raising fares and demanding more support from tax payers. If it was a train operator or bus driver etc. i would understand but station clerk, Gotta love the MTA logic for doing things. Im pro-union but in this case, during their next contract talks, i think the MTA should lower their pays for the new guys and if they stalled out, no problem, phase out the job. Create a new title called customer service and have a lower salary. YES I KNOW IM HATING, JUST A LITTLE BIT. LMAO, dont judge me.
    I BELEIVE ALMOST $30 HR IS AFTER 2016 FOR STATION AGENT. BUT MAYBE THATS NOT THE PROBLEM. MAYBE ITS $36.70 HR IS NOT ENOUGH FOR SOMEONE THAT IS A TARGET OUT THERE FOR MANY EDP's N PERPS OUT THERE . MAYBE PUTTING YOUR LIFE ON THE LINE EVERYTIME YOU PUT THAT UNIFORM ON OR HANG THAT SHEILD AROUND YOUR NECK.. IS WORTH MORE
    Last edited by REDBIRD1031; 05-01-2015, 07:38 PM.

Leave a comment:

• NYCpoorest
    replied
    Originally posted by NYPD14AUX View Post
    True, but FDNY firefighters are also Uniformed MOS, so I think thats what the red background for them depicts.
    Fdny EMS is also uniformed mos

Leave a comment:

• 20NOutLife
    replied
    True, but FDNY firefighters are also Uniformed MOS, so I think thats what the red background for them depicts.
    So are DSNY sanitation worker, theyre considered uniformed MOS too but their background isnt red. I still think red has to do with being armed or not.

Leave a comment:

• NYPD14AUX
    replied
    Originally posted by NYCpoorest View Post
    Because that's FDNYs color

Leave a comment:

• 20NOutLife
    replied
    Originally posted by NYCpoorest View Post
    And i think some FDNY have red background because they are armed, Fire Marshall, Inspector etc. But im going to see a Firefighter ID card next time and see if there are red as well. Just made me curious

Leave a comment:

• 20NOutLife
    replied
    Originally posted by CO HOPEFUL View Post
    The pay is around $30hr with the new contract .
    SO, i just did some simple math and calculate something. FireFighter/Police Officer/Correction Officer only make a top base pay $76,488 which is about $36.70hr after 5.5 YEARS.(Not counting everything else) We risked our life and limbs to protect and save others. Paramedic/EMT barely makes $25hr and they rushing in to save lifes and are the initial "doctor" for people, requires a TON of training. But you telling me a station clerk that gives direction and sell metro card makes $30hr after 3 years is ridiculous. No education require or background check, etc. I just think that this is a little unfair, especially when MTA is always crying broke and raising fares and demanding more support from tax payers. If it was a train operator or bus driver etc. i would understand but station clerk, Gotta love the MTA logic for doing things. Im pro-union but in this case, during their next contract talks, i think the MTA should lower their pays for the new guys and if they stalled out, no problem, phase out the job. Create a new title called customer service and have a lower salary. YES I KNOW IM HATING, JUST A LITTLE BIT. LMAO, dont judge me.
    Last edited by 20NOutLife; 05-01-2015, 06:25 PM.

Leave a comment:

• NYCpoorest
    replied
    If this is true then FDNY should be armed, they have red background pictures on their IDs.

Leave a comment:

• NYPD14AUX
    replied
    Originally posted by gbotj View Post
    I don't know what NYCT does but red background photo for TBTA has nothing to do with gender. Red background photo designates armed law enforcement, blue is civilian just as 20nout stated
    If this is true then FDNY should be armed, they have red background pictures on their IDs.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10139 users online. 377 members and 9762 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X