Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I ran into two TBTA Academy Instructors who told me the agency is still "evaluating" the need for TBTA Officers as they have transitioned from primarily manning toll booths to more enforcement-based work since the automation of the crossings. NYS Troopers at the crossings is also a factor. The determination to phase out the job or to hire off this list has not been determined yet. Hopefully everyone will hear something next year.

Comment

• Get ready ladies and gents,. Rumor has it that it's getting close. Everyone probably has a job already lol.

Comment

• Tomar111292
        Tomar111292 commented
        Editing a comment
        Ive been at the same job, so it won't change much for me

• Originally posted by onmymeal View Post
      Get ready ladies and gents,. Rumor has it that it's getting close. Everyone probably has a job already lol.
      I'll leave trash corrections and take a big pay cut for this . How credible is the rumors?

Comment

• Originally posted by onmymeal View Post
        Get ready ladies and gents,. Rumor has it that it's getting close. Everyone probably has a job already lol.
        Really?, where did you hear this from, I looked at the MTA site for updates, they removed it, hope at least we get our score.
        Last edited by NYC4; 01-04-2019, 06:24 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYC4 View Post

Really?, where did you hear this from, I looked at the MTA site for updates, they removed it, hope at least we get our score.
          Well he's on the job with tbta show sounds pretty credible

Comment

• Originally posted by Anti-crime View Post

Well he's on the job with tbta show sounds pretty credible
            Good

Comment

They just had a test validation for the final answer key, I’m hearing the list should be out by spring and hiring by the end of the year. Basically the entire job was hired between 2000-2009 and all the big classes from 2000 on are elegible for retirement which means the job is prepping for a mass exodus. I heard the cooper standards physical was approved for the physical agility and the academy will now be approx 6 months long.

the entire job now is patrol, you still make of it what you want, no one is really being FORCED to write/collar but some places it’s easier to do less than others. There’s a lot of contract negotiations going on right now with the union and MTA, the officers union was offered a 26.5% raise but they didn’t like the work rule changes so that was nixed...Apparently they are going through arbitration now (mediation) and although they seem to be set on the salary they keep having issues over work rules.
              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by gbotj View Post
                They just had a test validation for the final answer key, I’m hearing the list should be out by spring and hiring by the end of the year. Basically the entire job was hired between 2000-2009 and all the big classes from 2000 on are elegible for retirement which means the job is prepping for a mass exodus. I heard the cooper standards physical was approved for the physical agility and the academy will now be approx 6 months long.

the entire job now is patrol, you still make of it what you want, no one is really being FORCED to write/collar but some places it’s easier to do less than others. There’s a lot of contract negotiations going on right now with the union and MTA, the officers union was offered a 26.5% raise but they didn’t like the work rule changes so that was nixed...Apparently they are going through arbitration now (mediation) and although they seem to be set on the salary they keep having issues over work rules.
                Will they post the final answer key on the website?

Comment

• Originally posted by gbotj View Post

That’s great to hear!!!!!!! And wow 6 months academy that’s PD lol

Comment

• What’s up everyone, been a few years since I posted here lol. I actually dropped by to see what was the status of this exam and glad to see some good news from gbotj’s post, I actually got hyped haha.

I believe I have 2 answers wrong on this exam, so I guess the chances of me hearing anything by the end of this year is pretty high. The thing is I just got hired with DSNY last July. It’s a great job, but do believe this job will really wear and tear your body down as time goes on. Some leave once they get called for FDNY or P.A Police. I would really hate to turn down TBTA since I remember speaking to some of the officers and they said they love the job. So between this and DSNY....damn LOL.

Comment

• BaneDroid
                      BaneDroid commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Lol same boat as you right now. I'm on the DSNY side as of now but I do like the TBTA.

• Originally posted by Impact87 View Post
                    What’s up everyone, been a few years since I posted here lol. I actually dropped by to see what was the status of this exam and glad to see some good news from gbotj’s post, I actually got hyped haha.

I believe I have 2 answers wrong on this exam, so I guess the chances of me hearing anything by the end of this year is pretty high. The thing is I just got hired with DSNY last July. It’s a great job, but do believe this job will really wear and tear your body down as time goes on. Some leave once they get called for FDNY or P.A Police. I would really hate to turn down TBTA since I remember speaking to some of the officers and they said they love the job. So between this and DSNY....damn LOL.

​​​​​​If I was you I would stay in San job, it the only city agency with weekly pay and tons of OT and you can always go to San PD.
                    Exam: 8329 List: 5$#

Comment

• I really hope this job is not dead because MTA is having a lot of budget issues.

It be nice if they become Police and official be TBTA Police.
                      Exam: 8329 List: 5$#

Comment

• Hopefully soon we’ll hear something
                        Last edited by Qns_Ny 22; 03-17-2019, 10:03 AM.

Comment

• TBTA "police" won't last too much longer. No more toll booths, no real need in a department
                          It's a decent job, it really isn't a real police job, but pays well with good benefits.
                          Don't see them hiring ever again...they're going to let this job die through attrition.

Comment

• I’ve herd from 2 reliable sources that the list for 5606 should be coming out by this spring

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10141 users online. 378 members and 9763 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X