300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CO HOPEFUL View Post
    According to the union they are not planning on hiring anyone anytime soon . The tbta is actually overstaffed because of the automation . I would not hold your breath for this job guys . Look elsewhere .
    And no one believed me when I said this over and over a while back. The automation will kill this job. I asked how to we get refunds and people laughed. Did the MTA really just take my money and make me waste time taking a test they had no intention of filling?

When do we get the media involved?

Comment

• Originally posted by WILLDOGS View Post

And no one believed me when I said this over and over a while back. The automation will kill this job. I asked how to we get refunds and people laughed. Did the MTA really just take my money and make me waste time taking a test they had no intention of filling?

When do we get the media involved?
      Regular MTA shenanigans. Take forever to release scores or process tests after they've done them

Comment

• Should never have to pay to get a job... and yet here I am buying driving records
        Former Police Officer (Injured LOD)
        USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
        "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman
        Emergency Services Dispatcher, APG MD

Comment

• Anyone have any idea when the next exam may be? Also although this is definitely old news what's going on with the cars you guys use now has a State Police scheme...

Comment

• Originally posted by The hopeful View Post

Regular MTA shenanigans. Take forever to release scores or process tests after they've done them
            Can't forget the randomized selection process in between other processes. I agree with what others said as an applicant I would not hold my breath for a job with the MTA...this being said ABSOLOUTLY take the exams when they come out. You never know. Also shenanigans is my favorite word.

Comment

• Proposed Answer Key's Finally Released Today on 8/23/2017

http://web.mta.info/nyct/hr/proposed_answerkey.htm

EDIT: WTF am I losing it? Is this old news? Why did I have the two wrong i got marked on my sheet already? WTF
              Last edited by WILLDOGS; 08-23-2017, 04:08 PM.

Comment

• The proposed answer key has been out dude . We are waiting for the final answer key .

Comment

• Originally posted by CO HOPEFUL View Post
                  The proposed answer key has been out dude . We are waiting for the final answer key .
                  crap. shouldn't have downed those beers before going to the MTA site

Comment

• https://www.change.org/p/metropolita...icer-exam-5606

Comment

• https://www.change.org/p/everyone-th...ge_1%3Acontrol

I'll try to get the media to comment on this

Comment

• it's not a real police job, but still not a bad gig with good pay and benefits

Comment

• Any new news? Rumors? Updates?. Approaching 3 years since we’ve taken this exam, a bit frustrating now. Anyone otj have any input? Or will we not know till the O.R.T. has taken full affect and they know the initial outcome of what the job will become?

Comment

• Originally posted by Qns_Ny 22 View Post
                            Any new news? Rumors? Updates?. Approaching 3 years since we’ve taken this exam, a bit frustrating now. Anyone otj have any input? Or will we not know till the O.R.T. has taken full affect and they know the initial outcome of what the job will become?
                            A bit? **** TBTA and the bum *** thieving MTA running this ponzi scheme. I have zero interest in this job anymore. I just want a refund on general principle. Why would anyone want to work for an agency that does unprofessional **** like this? Watch them hire 1 person off the list so they can keep our money. ****ing hacks. I hope this turns into a class action lawsuit.

Comment

• Originally posted by CloudPuncher View Post

A bit? **** TBTA and the bum *** thieving MTA running this ponzi scheme. I have zero interest in this job anymore. I just want a refund on general principle. Why would anyone want to work for an agency that does unprofessional **** like this? Watch them hire 1 person off the list so they can keep our money. ****ing hacks. I hope this turns into a class action lawsuit.
                              That's what I'm saying .. it's not about the individual $47 is the principle and the fact that with hundreds of applicants at $47 each they got an easy 100k plus

Comment

• Originally posted by Qns_Ny 22 View Post
                                Any new news? Rumors? Updates?. Approaching 3 years since we’ve taken this exam, a bit frustrating now. Anyone otj have any input? Or will we not know till the O.R.T. has taken full affect and they know the initial outcome of what the job will become?
                                since ORT all Officers have been reassigned to patrol, most facilities put out anywhere from 4-8 cars per tour, some 2 man cars, still mostly solo. The law enforcement end of the job has picked up, year to date from last year we have a 68% increase in summonses and around a 30% increase in arrests. The entire fleet is getting a facelift from Chevy impalas to twin turbo Ford Interceptors, all cars have been outfitted with MDT's and License plate readers. Basically the job mirrors Highway Patrol work.

as far as hiring, they were hot and heavy to start hiring until cuomo announced ORT..the talk of hiring slowed down but I do know they want to hire off this list, about 65% of this job becomes eligible to retire in 2020, and I have heard the bosses say they don't want to hire someone to write another test and give another exam when we already have one on the que.

Despite what has been said in this thread, this job isn't going anywhere and we are not losing the facilities to the Troopers. They have 1 car assigned to cover all the bridges and tunnels at times and it seems cuomo has already distanced himself from the bridges and tunnels...I guess.

sigpic

Comment

• Qns_Ny 22
                                  Qns_Ny 22 commented
                                  Editing a comment
                                  Thanks for the clarification
                                  Last edited by Qns_Ny 22; 12-13-2017, 01:57 AM.

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10587 users online. 472 members and 10115 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X