Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crash Test
    commented on 's reply
    Even information that came from Exams Unit, DCAS and even TBTA human resources was wrong. Remember they kept telling us in the e-mail the amount of time it would take them to verify the information of the 12,000+ people who passed the exam. Every year they kept saying the same thing and DCAS told me recently that they would send out the notice of results but everyone is saying they came from 180 Livingston St!

• Crash Test
    commented on 's reply
    GB was this the process order from the 2007 exam? I took the 2003 exam and it was different. I remember taking the medical at the MAC center downtown Brooklyn.

• Crash Test
    replied
    Sorry about that people! I woke up this morning and my memory bank was still half asleep. MTA PD does send a letter for the PAT first. They sent it to me after almost 5 years of waiting. Also Amtrak stated that is also the next step after their written exam. NFTA Police does the same thing. They will call people weeks after you take the written exam to come take the PAT. MTA PD, Port Authority PD, and NFTA PD ( Niagara Frontier Transportation Authority ) are all PBCs and do not have civil service status or protections. Deputy City Sheriff also does PAT first. It appears that they are trying to save money and time.
    Last edited by Crash Test; 08-19-2019, 05:24 PM.

Leave a comment:

• gbotj
    replied
    I initially saw some credibility (most likely due to the fact that I was still half asleep at the time) to the post about the PAT because I was told that this time around candidates will be notified of the physical way in advance so they can train/prep. Normally it goes Orientation, drug test at a MTA lab, then PAT and panel interview about 3 weeks after the orientation. After the PAT/Interview you sign a conditional offer of employment and are set up for your medical and psych. Medical is done at our Authority Doctor in Manhattan, then you do the psych. Only time you will meet or hear from an investigator is if something is found in your BI and they either don’t like it or need more info. During the orientation you will be fingerprinted and submit all your paperwork and documents

Leave a comment:

• Anti-crime
    replied
    Originally posted by CloudPuncher View Post
    It really wouldn't be an anomaly if they started with the PAT to weed people out. NYC Sheriff and MTAPD both do it first. Amtrak PD also does it after you pass their written exam.

I just wish people would stick to the facts here. There's nothing wrong with saying "I heard..." but if you didn't hear it from the Exams Unit, DCAS, someone OTJ, etc, it isn't gospel so do everyone a favor and don't state it matter of factly.
    People here got top 100s list number and not one of them stated they got anything for the PAT.

Leave a comment:

• CloudPuncher
    replied
    It really wouldn't be an anomaly if they started with the PAT to weed people out. NYC Sheriff and MTAPD both do it first. Amtrak PD also does it after you pass their written exam.

I just wish people would stick to the facts here. There's nothing wrong with saying "I heard..." but if you didn't hear it from the Exams Unit, DCAS, someone OTJ, etc, it isn't gospel so do everyone a favor and don't state it matter of factly.

Leave a comment:

• Crash Test
    replied
    Originally posted by Rh992 View Post

I know a lot . I know someone that was called
    for the physical unless he was lying . @ willdogs
    I've never heard of any process that starts with the PAT. There's always some type of orientation first. [/QUOTE]

Rh it is rare as most do start with the orientation but NYS COURT OFFICER phase 1 is the physical ability test. Years ago they got tired of screening people and spending money on the medical which is now the last part of the process only to have them fail the PAT and not make it into the academy. This is the only one I personally know of that currently does the PAT first.

Leave a comment:

• Rh992
    replied
    Originally posted by CO HOPEFUL View Post
    Why wouldn’t you take the job ??you don’t want to make a good income and have a great job !!???
    WILLDOGS h992;n681700

Wait a minute... How would you even know that?
    for the physical unless he was lying . @ willdogs[/QUOTE]

I've never heard of any process that starts with the PAT. There's always some type of orientation first.

Leave a comment:

• CO HOPEFUL
    replied
    Why wouldn’t you take the job ??you don’t want to make a good income and have a great job !!???
    WILLDOGS h992;n681700

Wait a minute... How would you even know that? [/QUOTE]

for the physical unless he was lying . @ willdogs

Leave a comment:

• MrCollaz0
    commented on 's reply
    So I'm pretty much not getting in then smh

• Crash Test
    replied
    I know previously the first step was the Orientation at 2 Broadway in Manhattan where you go and mostly fill out paperwork. If you already work for the MTA they had you fill out a sheet and they could pull your records from the system. The Background was previously handled by DCAS and you were assigned an investigator from that agency. The Medical was done by the MTA at the MAC center which is on NYCTA property at 180 Livingston ST Brooklyn or the MAC center in the Coney Island Rail yard in lower Brooklyn. The Physical agility test was handled by TBTA and the Psychological I'm not sure about. Maybe GBOTJ can remember that part of the process. Just as the job has changed since the last class has been hired, it is possible that there have been major changes in the hiring process for this test.

Leave a comment:

• WILLDOGS
    commented on 's reply
    You are not being REAL unless you have a special gift to look into the future. YOU do not know what list number they will get up to. Period. These are only your OPINIONS. Stop giving out information like you have facts.

All of these years later many people are not taking this job including me. Many people will pass it up. Most likely MY OPINION is that list numbers will move faster than normal due the circumstances (Putting the list out so many years later). We will see.

• WILLDOGS
    commented on 's reply
    He knows nothing.

• PuertoRican_COP
    replied
    Does anyone who does the hiring process like background , psychological , physical , and medical ? Like is it another agency like deputy sheriff use to use nypd to do their psychological for processing

Leave a comment:

• Crash Test
    replied
    DCAS now has the Exam scores and list numbers in the system. I just checked this morning at around 8 am and my score and list number are the same as the list on open data.

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6940 users online. 248 members and 6692 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X