Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They don't need police power to sqf a car.

How is it a disservice?
    Captain Square Badge, reporting for duty!.

Comment

• Originally posted by NYCTNT View Post
      They don't need police power to sqf a car.

How is it a disservice?
      Because you are essentially doing the same job as PAPD and MTAPD, and sometimes doing additional duties. That's why you deserve the title of police, which along with that would come higher salaries. But my guess is that is one of the main reasons they will remain peace officers.

Comment

• so now that mta tbta 5606 is 2 years old is there any feedback up to date information now in April 2017

Comment

• Originally posted by Patriot91 View Post
          I'm currently a Police Officer within NYS (wont say which department), but i'll begin by saying i respect TBTA just as much as any other LEO agency. However, I think it's a disservice to make them peace officers and not police officers. If counter-terrorism is their #1 concern they should be able to make level three encounters(SQ&F). They should also have k9s, long guns, and boats to patrol the bridges. They should have just expanded MTA police and merged together.
          A buddy of mine was a retired sgt with the tbta and he said the job was great. Unfortunately when MTA proposed merging tbta to MTA Police alot of the bridge and tunnel officers voted against it because of senority and etc. I think that was a dumb move on their part. But I always said the same thing they should have forced it through and giving them police status and expanded their units.

Now it looks like from what a NYS Trooper told me that they will not be hiring off the list and that it comes down to political bullcrap from the governor and the mayor.

Comment

• Wow this is a joke, over 2 years after the exam and still no scores or list established

Comment

• They will grade this exam sometime in 2019 .

Comment

• Originally posted by CO HOPEFUL View Post
                They will grade this exam sometime in 2019 .
                Lol are you serious ? Where did you find this out ? They are going to grade the exam 4 years after we actually took it

Comment

• Originally posted by Josel1992 View Post

Lol are you serious ? Where did you find this out ? They are going to grade the exam 4 years after we actually took it
                  I'm pretty sure he was joking.

Comment

• They will hold off as long as legally possible in hopes that when the list #'s finally come out, most people will have found other employment and turn down this job.
                    Then they will never hold another test for BTO again since the future is Toll Booth Less. Once all current BTO's retire, it's done folks.

Comment

• Originally posted by perpwatcher View Post

I'm pretty sure he was joking.

Lol not the way it's going

Comment

• I wonder if calling the union would give us any new info?

Comment

• I wasn't kidding . There will be a mass retirement in tbta in 2020. They will hire due to attrition . They will nor hire many though .

Comment

• I hate to say this to you guys and it is just my opinion. For those of us that can remember the old Long Island State Parkway Police, they use to patrol the Northern and Southern State Parkways before Troop L was created. When the Troop was created the members of the Parkway Police that could pass the background and physical were made State Troopers those that couldn't make it were placed in the NYS Park Police. For some reason I foresee the same thing happening to the TBTA. I could b wrong but it seems the handwriting on the wall. Remember this is just an opinion So don't go crazy

Comment

• See the article in the NY Times....questions starting to be raised upstate and in city area about andy's motives. Heat seems to be building to send Troopers back upstate where theyn belong and are truly needed.

Comment

• According to the union they are not planning on hiring anyone anytime soon . The tbta is actually overstaffed because of the automation . I would not hold your breath for this job guys . Look elsewhere .

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9593 users online. 446 members and 9147 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X