Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lol idk seems like you've got a bit of a situation in the morning NoHwyAvailable . And CloudPuncher I'd love to know where you got that information. Seems like two people already otj with the TBTA have just posted here saying there promoting and going through the ranks and assessing the situation that's going on under the new Cuomo plan/ project to update, repair and modernize the bridges and tunnels owned and operated by the TBTA, all before they certify the list. As well as how long the troopers and national guard will be playing a support role alongside the TBTA officers. I'm sure as all of us are these officers are frustrated that they haven't hired anyone in years and just constantly see manpower dropping and no new blood coming being hired.

Comment

• Originally posted by WILLDOGS View Post
      Looks like Cuomo is taking the next step in terms of making it seem like the NY State Police are all over NYC in his battle with the mayor. Painting TBTA cars to resemble state police cars now so that normal folk think there are more Troopers around. Similar to what Bloomberg did with School Safety and Traffic cars to make it seem like there are more police.

http://i.imgur.com/mAod6rs.jpg
      That's crazy I haven't seen those new tbta rmps but did see a nysp charger on the gcp near rfk

Comment

• Tbta will never be made troopers as a lateral. No way. Maybe a subdivision? Dunno. But never trooperson
        Captain Square Badge, reporting for duty!.

Comment

• And that my friends is the last nail in the coffin for this test.

Looks like BTO's will mostly be reassigned to investigate outstanding tickets until their retirement after all crossings are fully automated.

P.S. on a side note, this is most likely a test bed to install even more unmanned tolling in other highly congested areas around NYC. Watch how easily they put up these structures around say Times Square... all roads leading into and out of times square will now cost you $4 peak and $2 off peak.... just throwing out numbers but you know what I mean.

Comment

• Yeah I've seen that before. I believe the article is referring to the TEMPORARY bridge and tunnel officers. The folks who are hired yearly who wear brown uniforms and who's only job function is to collect tolls. According to the Mta bridges and tunnels Facebook page they refer to them specifically as the ones who will be phased out and that "jobs" in the billing and ticketing will be created in its place. It also refers to the real BTO's and says that no bridge and tunnel officers will lose there job to the automated tolling system. That they will continue to enforce tolling, NYC/NYS VTL as well as mta rules and regulations, law enforcement, safety and security on all mta bridges. I should find the reply they made to someone who asked what will happen to the bridge and tunnel officers to copy and paste. If I see it I will do so but in reference to that article, I believe that's what they're talking about
            Last edited by Qns_Ny 22; 12-24-2016, 05:50 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Qns_Ny 22 View Post
              Yeah I've seen that before. I believe the article is referring to the TEMPORARY bridge and tunnel officers.
              Could be, but why keep TEMPORARY folks on payroll if they are no longer needed?
              And no, no one is losing their job, but functions will probably shift. Yes they will still need a contingent of officers for security functions and VTL enforcement, but eventually many of then will be put elsewhere in other roles as they don't have enough vehicles for every officer to be doing car stops all y long and I'm sure as hell they will not just post officers outside in the cold to just stand there with toll booths being torn down, where would they stand?
              I really with the BTO's who used to post here regurlaly could chime in and give updates, especially gjotb (or whatever his name is lol)

Comment

• So far everything that has been posted here recently seems to be rumors from articles posted on the newspaper or social media. I spoke to my buddy recently who has been on the job for quite some time and he doesn't even know or the union what exactly is going on or the future of the job. All we could do now is wait and move on with life and hopefully something will come out of this for the better for current BTO's and any upcoming BTO's.
                Last edited by TLTECH; 12-25-2016, 05:08 PM.

Comment

• It looks like that they next time tbta will hire anyone is in 2020 . This is only because 95% of the officers will be eligible to retire . If they don't hire at that time then the position will probably be eliminated

Comment

• I spoke to a TBTA Sargent on duty Friday morning and she states she believes they are trying to get rid of the BTO's. It sure seems that way. I saw more NYS Police and National Guard at the crossing than BTO's unfortunately.

Comment

• Originally posted by TLTECH View Post
                      I spoke to a TBTA Sargent on duty Friday morning and she states she believes they are trying to get rid of the BTO's. It sure seems that way. I saw more NYS Police and National Guard at the crossing than BTO's unfortunately.
                      I called this many pages back, yet people are in denial. I cross multiple crossings a day and I see more troppers (actual troopers not just the re-painted cars) than BTO's. Really wish the old regulars on here that are actually on the job would chime in to give an update.

Comment

• Here is part of cuomos plan

Comment

• Originally posted by CO HOPEFUL View Post
                          Here is part of cuomos plan
                          Saw this in action coming over the Henry Hudson yesterday afternoon. No less than 2 Trooper Cars and 3 TBTA cars (with new paint) on the shoulders before and after the bridge looking out for speeders and standing by with two huge sand filled trucks to create a road block if needed.

Biggest law enforcement presence I've ever seen at this crossing.

Comment

• I wonder if BTO are going to change their uniform to NYS police as well...that new car painting is just giving BTOs a big hype...at the end of the day they only peace officers. Cuomo not even recognizing BTOs as police officers nor full law enforcement Personel. No where in their uniform they have the word POLICE on them. They carry off duty at the discretion of the agency. They should just hurry up and get rid of them and end the hope for the 90 percent of high school and GED only applicants the chance of carrying a gun...because at the end of the day, most people persuing this job only see it as a chance of being able to have a gun with only high school and GED diploma..bet half of these aplicant wont even meet the requirements to become a real police officer..

Comment

• Robert....A couple of points, first all LEOs carry a firearm at the discretion of the agency, even on duty., and that includes Police Officers. Second, as Peace Officers, BTOs are "full" law enforcement Officers. Having the word police on a uniform does not determine one's LE status. Posting these inaccuracies does not establish any credibility as a poster.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dinosaur32 View Post
                                Robert....A couple of points, first all LEOs carry a firearm at the discretion of the agency, even on duty., and that includes Police Officers. Second, as Peace Officers, BTOs are "full" law enforcement Officers. Having the word police on a uniform does not determine one's LE status. Posting these inaccuracies does not establish any credibility as a poster.
                                at the end of the day BTOs are peace officers, just like hospital police, park rangers, Co-op police, BTOs can't even arrest someone with a warrant in their face without having to call local PD. can't even travel across state line with their firearms without LEOSA (me on the other hand) dont need LEOSA to carry across the nation. (but again am at a different ballgame). can't knock BTOs for their job. been stopped twice by them. once they seen my creds and gold badge, down the road i've gone. at least they've shown curtessy as i would also if i encounter one of them while performing my job duties. after seeing them get reenforced by NYS police, show me that this agency can't carry out their mission on their own. in my opinion this agency should had been a full blown law enforcement agency by now, another reason why i believe this BTO job will be phasing out soon. wouldn't be surprised knowing their back bone is toll collecting, they turn them BTOs to station agents at train stations around the boroughs. But let see, i MIGHT consider going through their 12 week training just to compare it to my 6 month academy at FLETC if they ever call me.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6931 users online. 300 members and 6631 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X