Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mta has already graded and scored everything. But being a quasi governmental organization it can do what it wants when it wants in sense with little oversight from city and state government. It doesn't take 2 1/2 years to grade and do pre background checks on the 12,000 potential people that is rumored to have passed the exam. The mtas main priority is to keep buses and trains operating and keeping fares low to please the general populous and everything else is secondary. And they hire on a budget and that whole budget basically surrounds profits generated from mta bridge and tunnel (TBTA) facilities. Which is the cash cow and basically the only profitable subsidiary of the entire MTA system. There just taking there time. When there ready they'll hire. It's frustrating as hell for all of us who'd love to get on the job with them. A vast majority of other folks who took this exam as well as on this forum have taken other exams in law enforcement and other civil service jobs where they are already in the hiring process for them jobs. So out of those 12,000 potential applicants how many do you think will answer the call when it's there time. If this is the job you want patience is a major virtue. And sorry for rambling on, just trying to ease people's frustration and make sense of some of things with this long wait from the mta. But now where are these damn scores I'm tired of waiting haha...

Comment

• How many people really want the job for what it is?....i think vast majority want the job because it entitles them to a gun and peace officer status with most just having a high school diploma or GED...

Comment

• I think for some of us that are in law enforcement in a city Peace Officer agency are looking for a better over all agency to transfer our time too...
        Exam: 8329 List: 5$#

Comment

• Originally posted by nycapomts View Post
          I think for some of us that are in law enforcement in a city Peace Officer agency are looking for a better over all agency to transfer our time too...
          Just finished and passed my medical for Nypd, I hope by the time in July of 2017 mta will have the list for tbta and they will have a date for medical and physch, lll be able to move over to tbta

Comment

• Originally posted by Brooklynsfinest93 View Post
            Just finished and passed my medical for Nypd, I hope by the time in July of 2017 mta will have the list for tbta and they will have a date for medical and physch, lll be able to move over to tbta
            Nice...hope all goes well for you....So in other words, you would be willing to give up a career in nypd where you would more opportunities to move within and by far a better salary for tbta?...i'm a fed officer and i wouldnt in my right mind switch to TBTA for numerous reasons

Comment

Did you take the court officer exam too?

Comment

• Originally posted by Marvin911 View Post
                Did you take the court officer exam too?
                Nah, didn't get a chance to but I will be taking the mta police exam that's coming out and the fdny entrance exam and to reply to the gentlemen before Marvin, I'm still in school right now, got a year half left so lol not in a rush because I got some time to figure things out if I wanna deal with the quota system or not, but nice that your a fed, if I decide to do Nypd I wouldn't switch over to tbta

Comment

• Disregard I had bad info
                  Last edited by WILLDOGS; 08-02-2016, 09:03 AM.

Comment

• With the rockaways the tunnels going gateless, better not count on this exam. I would demand a refund.

Comment

• Originally posted by onmymeal View Post
                      With the rockaways the tunnels going gateless, better not count on this exam. I would demand a refund.
                      Correct i've said that before in this thread. The Henry Hudson Parkway automated toll test was a success! So much so that they are knocking down the toll booths!

Here is what the Henry Hudson (And all future crossings) will look like with fully automated tolls: http://patch.com/new-york/rivertowns...-plazas-2017-0

Now you tell me, where the hell do you see a spot to post any Officers in that picture? Nowhere!

This is the future of the TBTA/MTA Bridges and Tunnels. Sure they will still need a skeleton crew of officers for some crossings, especially the tunnels, but nowhere near the numbers they have today.

I have a feeling they have no idea what to do with this test now and just letting as much time as legally possible go by before releasing the scores in hopes that applicants have moved onto other jobs and the numbers of people who are actually still waiting for results are minimal.

If they time it right, they can slowly phase out Officers over the next 20-25 years through retirement while rolling out a new automated crossing every year or so and relocating officers to other nearby crossings as needed.
                      Last edited by WILLDOGS; 08-02-2016, 05:08 PM.

Comment

You're better off in the city.

Comment

• The tbta will not be hiring for a long time . Here is some good information from a great source .

Officially from the union mta has no intentions of hiring anytime soon
                          In fact btos from the cbb mpb bbt qmt will be displaced in 3 months or so. Which will leave us over staffed. They want to eliminate toll booths / cash lanes
                          And gates on the ezpass

Comment

• Originally posted by CO HOPEFUL View Post
                            The tbta will not be hiring for a long time . Here is some good information from a great source .

In fact btos from the cbb mpb bbt qmt will be displaced in 3 months or so. Which will leave us over staffed. They want to eliminate toll booths / cash lanes
                            And gates on the ezpass
                            Well guess I'll stick with mta police or Nypd but thanks for the update lol guess say good bye to tbta unless there's something new that will be coming up

Comment

• Originally posted by CO HOPEFUL View Post
                              The tbta will not be hiring for a long time . Here is some good information from a great source .

And gates on the ezpass
                              And there it is. Great.
                              How do we get our money back?

Comment

• Tbta is civil service though, they cant just get rid of the BTOs, they were also given peace officer status after 9/11 and secure the bridges and tunnels from future terrorist attacks. It would be a liability to get rid of them just like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6558 users online. 286 members and 6272 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X