Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MTA back then never administered there own exams, they used DCAS which would get the results within the 6 months maybe to stretch it out 7 months, atleast we would get our results quicker but whatever point is that we gotta wait another 12-18 months for them to go through 12,000 people which is crazy but its a waiting game just like any other civil service.
    For those people who saying MTA might disband the TBTA some day soon, your wrong because the city needed more MTA police officers to guard Penn Station and other places that alot of people will be at and now they just made applications for Police Officers for MTA public for people to take and if you take a look at tv, theres been mass shootings and bombings world wide, the bridges and tunnels still need to be protected and cars need to be stopped in case people are bringing stuff in like idk a bomb? lets not forget what happened to the bottom of the world trade center when there was a bomb in the van back in 1993, lol tried to use good examples but point is..... this job aint disappearing.

Comment

• Has anyone checked their results on line with their answer key? I checked mine I should have gotten a 92 with residency credit is that a good score? Or is this the type of job you need a 105 to get in

Comment

• 12,000 people passed the test out of 16,000 so you deff still need to score high for a good list number. I got two questions wrong according to the proposed answer key and they don't have residency credit for this exam.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hopeful101 View Post
          12,000 people passed the test out of 16,000 so you deff still need to score high for a good list number. I got two questions wrong according to the proposed answer key and they don't have residency credit for this exam.
          Where did you get that number?

If they implement the cooper standard for the agility test this will eliminate high scoring out of shape people.
          Last edited by krull; 07-02-2016, 06:38 PM.
          Bridge and Tunnel Officer, Exam No. 5606

Comment

• MTA exams unit reported that. If you go back in the comments everyone has been getting the same number from the email they provided us with. And yup, physical, medical, and especially background are all huge factors in the hiring process that not all of us will get through.

Comment

• I applied to mta police although it is a lottery to even take the exam I hope I get a chance

Comment

• Originally posted by Tye902 View Post
                I applied to mta police although it is a lottery to even take the exam I hope I get a chance
                Good luck man I applied for it also but yeah hopefully we both get in and passed my conductor with a 88.76 which is a 70 out of 80.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brooklynsfinest93 View Post
                  Good luck man I applied for it also but yeah hopefully we both get in and passed my conductor with a 88.76 which is a 70 out of 80.
                  Anyone else took the conductor ?

Comment

MTA back then never administered there own exams, they used DCAS which would get the results within the 6 months maybe to stretch it out 7 months, atleast we would get our results quicker but whatever point is that we gotta wait another 12-18 months for them to go through 12,000 people which is crazy but its a waiting game just like any other civil service.
                    For those people who saying MTA might disband the TBTA some day soon, your wrong because the city needed more MTA police officers to guard Penn Station and other places that alot of people will be at and now they just made applications for Police Officers for MTA public for people to take and if you take a look at tv, theres been mass shootings and bombings world wide, the bridges and tunnels still need to be protected and cars need to be stopped in case people are bringing stuff in like idk a bomb? lets not forget what happened to the bottom of the world trade center when there was a bomb in the van back in 1993, lol tried to use good examples but point is..... this job aint disappearing.
                    Hope you're right. Even inside folks are saying the same though in regards to such a lag with DCAS and past talks of TBTA BTO's being absorbed by NYPD. Also take into account the automation of facilities like Henry Hudson and soon Rockaway you have how many displaced BTO's needing a new home.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueDragonNYC View Post
                      Hope you're right. Even inside folks are saying the same though in regards to such a lag with DCAS and past talks of TBTA BTO's being absorbed by NYPD. Also take into account the automation of facilities like Henry Hudson and soon Rockaway you have how many displaced BTO's needing a new home.
                      Never by NYPD but most likely MTA Police if it ever happens.
                      Exam: 8329 List: 5$#

Comment

• Easy now fellas. Lots of negativity. Quite frankly the job more than likely wouldn't go anywhere for quite a while. mind you they do more than just law enforcement and the little bit of toll collection when short handed with temp BTO's and o.t.. True they do intend on making all crossings automated like the Henry Hudson but they'll still be needed and necassary. On nights and weekends they also do all the wreckers, tow trucks, plowing, shoveling, assist in maintenance, and so on and that's on the bridges. At the tunnels the operate them 24/7. They get to much bang for there buck from them. And of coarse as we all know that NYC is a primary target, the security and law enforcement is way to much of a priority for the city. All commercial vehicles have to be inspected, VTL has to be enforced, pedestrians and motorists will need assistance, wrecks cleared, accident reports written, DWI's collared, surveillance cameras manned, snow cleared, work zones blocked off and secured. I mean the list literally goes on and on. Now could it happen that they'd be disbanded or absorbed yes. But will it happen, slim to non or not for a long time. Mta police doesn't have enough man power or resources to take on that roll, and again with the BTO's and all the job Functions they perform they get to much bang for there buck and there a necassary evil on behalf of the TBTA. But the real question is, when the **** are they going to give us our damn scores and establish this damn list lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Qns_Ny 22 View Post
                          Easy now fellas. Lots of negativity. Quite frankly the job more than likely wouldn't go anywhere for quite a while. mind you they do more than just law enforcement and the little bit of toll collection when short handed with temp BTO's and o.t.. True they do intend on making all crossings automated like the Henry Hudson but they'll still be needed and necassary. On nights and weekends they also do all the wreckers, tow trucks, plowing, shoveling, assist in maintenance, and so on and that's on the bridges. At the tunnels the operate them 24/7. They get to much bang for there buck from them. And of coarse as we all know that NYC is a primary target, the security and law enforcement is way to much of a priority for the city. All commercial vehicles have to be inspected, VTL has to be enforced, pedestrians and motorists will need assistance, wrecks cleared, accident reports written, DWI's collared, surveillance cameras manned, snow cleared, work zones blocked off and secured. I mean the list literally goes on and on. Now could it happen that they'd be disbanded or absorbed yes. But will it happen, slim to non or not for a long time. Mta police doesn't have enough man power or resources to take on that roll, and again with the BTO's and all the job Functions they perform they get to much bang for there buck and there a necassary evil on behalf of the TBTA. But the real question is, when the **** are they going to give us our damn scores and establish this damn list lol.
                          That's some common sense right there. As to when, I hope we get this list going before I become eligible for a promotion at my job. Which is 2 years lol.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Rh992 View Post
                            That's some common sense right there. As to when, I hope we get this list going before I become eligible for a promotion at my job. Which is 2 years lol.

Man..... Lol both you guys preaching to the right crowd, doing my medical for Nypd right now and gunna graduate school in a year and a half, still would like to work for bto but idk I guess we shall see and waiting for the fire department exam to be open but like I said I would love to work for bto but it's all a waiting game lol I guess we won't get our results till January or February

Comment

Man..... Lol both you guys preaching to the right crowd, doing my medical for Nypd right now and gunna graduate school in a year and a half, still would like to work for bto but idk I guess we shall see and waiting for the fire department exam to be open but like I said I would love to work for bto but it's all a waiting game lol I guess we won't get our results till January or February
                              Well right now I'm working for the state. I wish MTA didn't get involved in the test portion and let DCAS handle it. We'd have our scores already

Comment

• Originally posted by Rh992 View Post
                                Well right now I'm working for the state. I wish MTA didn't get involved in the test portion and let DCAS handle it. We'd have our scores already

Mta wanted to save money so they are doing it themselves instead of letting the city handle there exams but your right we would've atlest gotten back our test scores, it's gunna take these bastards 1 more year just to send us our freakin scores..... It took mta exam unit 2 years give or take just to give us our scores meanwhile DCAS Does it right away after you Finnish your exam at there center if not 6 months man.... The mta police exam is gunna take a while, it's all a waiting game but we'll see man, Nypd might not be for me but money is needed, just wish the job didn't come with so much hate lol any who good luck may we find a job well be happy with.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9856 users online. 469 members and 9387 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X