300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by krull View Post
    TBTA does not have to request a list in order for one to be established, all the tests that I have taken before were established between 3 to 4 months.

I don't understand why they taking so long to tell us our score, this makes no sense what so ever.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
    a buddy of mine took the MTA property protection agent exam and he didn't get his results for at least 2 years.

Comment

• That sounds a little more certain than previous e-mails from them. If I remember correctly, didn't the previous ones say it COULD take up to another year? Now this one is saying AT LEAST another year? I thought a few BTOs said that TBTA needed people badly. Are they just filling the gaps by hiring TBTOs to do toll collection? It's been a while since the last test so I find it a little hard to believe that they aren't in need of Officers.

Comment

• I remember talking to a bto not to long ago and he said they desperately need new officers, and on top of that they need to fill more than we all thought. He didn't even include the ones who will be up for retirement in the next few years and what not. Idk, we're all just getting frustrated about the longevity of this entire process. When the MTA is ready they'll start hiring.

Comment

• The agency hasent requested the list ,, if they were in need of officers it would o happened quick, it's apparent there is still a wait

Comment

• Originally posted by goldcuff View Post
            The agency hasent requested the list ,, if they were in need of officers it would o happened quick, it's apparent there is still a wait
            You are confusing establishing and certifing a list those are two different things.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
            Bridge and Tunnel Officer, Exam No. 5606

Comment

• Does anyone know if you transfer from another city/state agency will you stay in your current Nycers Tier?

Comment

• That's what I was told and this is the information I am relaying. When an agency is ready to hire the list will get established, until then it stays in limbo
                Last edited by goldcuff; 06-15-2016, 06:45 PM.

Comment

• List

Originally posted by goldcuff View Post
                  That's what I was told and this is the information I am relaying. When an agency is ready to hire the list will get established, until then it stays in limbo
                  That's correct . When a list is established that means the 4 year clock starts . If a list is made "public" and not established the 4 year clock does not start . There is a difference .
                  A list can be made public or established .

Comment

• Anybody has updated knowledge in the mta BTO results exam 5606 as we now end june enter july

Comment

• For anyone that interested (MTA POLICE OFFICER) is on the chief Leader classifieds
                      Last edited by bklynproud; 06-27-2016, 05:44 PM. Reason: Change

Comment

• still waiting....

Right now i'm doing my medical for NYPD and just applied for the MTA Police Officer exam, honestly i'm still going to wait things out because i am still in college but damn man, if MTA wouldve just let DCAS handle the exam, everyone wouldve gotten a list within 6 months, we been waiting almost close to 2 years, its crazy, taking every exam the city has to offer, including the fire fighter. Good luck to everyone who is still waiting but this job seems easy with a **** load of over time. I also emailed MTA EXAM UNIT and this is there response "Your results and list number for the Bridge and Tunnel Officer, exam (5606) will be mailed to you when the list is established. This could take up to another year to check 12,000 records with the City" WTF

Comment

• Originally posted by Brooklynsfinest93 View Post
                          Right now i'm doing my medical for NYPD and just applied for the MTA Police Officer exam, honestly i'm still going to wait things out because i am still in college but damn man, if MTA wouldve just let DCAS handle the exam, everyone wouldve gotten a list within 6 months, we been waiting almost close to 2 years, its crazy, taking every exam the city has to offer, including the fire fighter. Good luck to everyone who is still waiting but this job seems easy with a **** load of over time. I also emailed MTA EXAM UNIT and this is there response "Your results and list number for the Bridge and Tunnel Officer, exam (5606) will be mailed to you when the list is established. This could take up to another year to check 12,000 records with the City" WTF
                          Listen man first of all DCAS establishes the list whenever that agency or agencies that hires off the lists requests for them to do so. I took DEP last year and still wait more than half a year later for my list number so dont think DCAS makes things easier for you. TBTA is also a different ball game. They're ran by the MTA which means they dont follow the civil service rules the same as DCAS does. You can take the test and never receive a call even if you got 100%

Comment

• Originally posted by The hopeful View Post
                            Listen man first of all DCAS establishes the list whenever that agency or agencies that hires off the lists requests for them to do so. I took DEP last year and still wait more than half a year later for my list number so dont think DCAS makes things easier for you. TBTA is also a different ball game. They're ran by the MTA which means they dont follow the civil service rules the same as DCAS does. You can take the test and never receive a call even if you got 100%
                            Bridge and tunnel officer are civil servants so they have to follow civil service rules, mta police is not civil service so mta can do what ever they want

Comment

• Originally posted by Anti-crime View Post
                              Bridge and tunnel officer are civil servants so they have to follow civil service rules, mta police is not civil service so mta can do what ever they want
                              I could of swore bridge and tunnels officers were also under MTA.....

Comment

• Originally posted by The hopeful View Post
                                I could of swore bridge and tunnels officers were also under MTA.....
                                Yes but so is NYC transit and they are civil service. MTA is big and has a lot of branches. I know BTO is civil service and NYCT and everything else is private I.e LIRR and metro north. BTO are civil service which was one of the reasons they never merged with MTA Police

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7185 users online. 312 members and 6873 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X