300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tye902 View Post
    Has anyone one heard anything or spoke to a BTO officer about this hiring and or list being made. I'm just curious about new information.
    Nothing new man. Most of the things we've heard and put on this page have been from what we've heard from BTO's. And what they've told us Are the rumors they've heard. Basically no body has any idea what's going on, but Who knows man. Could be any day now that we hear something or it can be another 12-18 months like the guys have posted before from there responses they've gotten from emailing either the mta or dcas. So patience is a virtue here if this is the job you want, or if you just want any law enforcement job just do what most of the other people on this thread are doing just simply keep taking them civil service exams and eventually someone will call you. I wish we would get our damn scores and list numbers already though lol. But sorry brother wish I could share good news.

Comment

• Originally posted by Impact87 View Post
      Also, you have another person eliminated from this exam. I will start the academy for nyc corrections on June 27th, and more than likely the sanitation department will call me next year, so I'll switch from corrections to sanitation. I really wish it was tbta before I consider giving sanitation a try, but it is what it is. It was cool when this thread was alive and hopefully it gets live again soon when things start moving with the scores and list numbers. I wish the best luck to all of you, and have a great summer!

Congratulations and best of luck man, aye by the time your up for retirement from corrections or sanitation (if you switched) we might get our TBTA scores lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Qns_Ny 22 View Post
        Congratulations and best of luck man, aye by the time your up for retirement from corrections or sanitation (if you switched) we might get our TBTA scores lol.
        Lmao, thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by nycapomts View Post
          Brother can you explain a little the day to day duties that you see BTO's doing just get a feel for it and the Law Enforcement of your facility etc. Thank you.
          DUI checkpoint on weekends mostly, responding to stalls/backups at EZPass lanes due to not enough funds on passes or driver whipping out pass too late to be read, issuing summons for backing up in lane, etc.

Comment

• I would think that being that TBTA Police patrols one of the perfect places for terrorist they would want to get more cops to patrol the facilities and grounds.
            Exam: 8329 List: 5$#

Comment

• Well so from what I understand there was just quite a few people promoted to sergeant this week. Which means things could "possibly" start moving for us in the near future HOPEFULLY. And if what I heard was correct congrats to the guys and gals who got promoted.
              Last edited by Qns_Ny 22; 06-08-2016, 10:37 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by nycapomts View Post
                I would think that being that TBTA Police patrols one of the perfect places for terrorist they would want to get more cops to patrol the facilities and grounds.
                Anyone would think this logically, right?

Comment

Well so from what I understand there was just quite a few people promoted to sergeant this week. Which means things could "possibly" start moving for us in the near future HOPEFULLY. And if what I heard was correct congrats to the guys and gals who got promoted.
                  About 12 of them were training about 4 weeks ago at Randall's Island.

Comment

• Originally posted by BlueDragonNYC View Post
                    Anyone would think this logically, right?
                    With the government logical things don't happen unfortunately

Comment

Well so from what I understand there was just quite a few people promoted to sergeant this week. Which means things could "possibly" start moving for us in the near future HOPEFULLY. And if what I heard was correct congrats to the guys and gals who got promoted.
                      As per mta exams unit
                      "The list has not yet been established. Once it has been established, you will receive a letter in the mail with your results. It will take at least another year before you get your results."

Comment

• Employment said tbta has not requested the list. In other words, there arent any spots to be filled. may take a bit more time unless hundreds of tbta officers decide to retire very soon

Comment

• Originally posted by goldcuff View Post
                          Employment said tbta has not requested the list. In other words, there arent any spots to be filled. may take a bit more time unless hundreds of tbta officers decide to retire very soon
                          I think there are spots to be filled. In the monthly B&T committee meeting documents they are showing 150+ BTO vacancies. Its possible they don't have the curriculum ready.
                          NYPD Exam #4329
                          TBTA Exam #5606

Comment

• Originally posted by SendHelp View Post
                            I think there are spots to be filled. In the monthly B&T committee meeting documents they are showing 150+ BTO vacancies. Its possible they don't have the curriculum ready.
                            But those are toll collectors. They are fully staffed in the aspect of public safety. MTA is more likely to keep rotating on hiring temps to collect tolls versus filling spots permanently.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Rh992 View Post
                              But those are toll collectors. They are fully staffed in the aspect of public safety. MTA is more likely to keep rotating on hiring temps to collect tolls versus filling spots permanently.
                              I'm really not sure what they are since the little note states they are paid annually and temp BTOs are paid hourly.

Can anyone otj clarify?
                              NYPD Exam #4329
                              TBTA Exam #5606

Comment

• Originally posted by goldcuff View Post
                                Employment said tbta has not requested the list. In other words, there arent any spots to be filled. may take a bit more time unless hundreds of tbta officers decide to retire very soon
                                TBTA does not have to request a list in order for one to be established, all the tests that I have taken before were established between 3 to 4 months.

I don't understand why they taking so long to tell us our score, this makes no sense what so ever.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
                                Bridge and Tunnel Officer, Exam No. 5606

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9135 users online. 362 members and 8773 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X