Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tbta 5606

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • That's the same response we've been getting for almost a year. Hopefully that's just a standardized response they're sending to everyone and they're just playing it safe. I don't see how it could take 3 years to establish a list, even if it were being done by chimpanzees.

    In the grand scheme of things, not that many people took this test so 2 years is already pushing it..but as many others have said, probably best to forget about this for now. Then we'll be pleasantly surprised when we finally do receive the notice..or we'll be on a better paying job by then!

    Comment


    • Lol yea that's true.. Hopefully we all do have better paying jobs by then.. But I'll tell you what if I don't get where I want to be in the next two years then I'm taking this job with out second guessing it!

      Comment


      • Folks I think the sad truth is that the MTA Bridges and Tunnels is making a push to go fully automated toll collection via Ezpass at most if not all of their crossings in the next, say, 10-20 years.
        They are probably holding out to see if they can hold off on hiring any other BTO's as long as possible and just retire off the existing BTO's as they slowly increase the amount of automation.

        Comment


        • I think if they do go fully automated they'll still need people but I'm sick and tired of waiting. I think most likely we won't get a list number they'll just send out packets.

          Comment


          • Same here lol

            Comment


            • Originally posted by WILLDOGS View Post
              Folks I think the sad truth is that the MTA Bridges and Tunnels is making a push to go fully automated toll collection via Ezpass at most if not all of their crossings in the next, say, 10-20 years.
              They are probably holding out to see if they can hold off on hiring any other BTO's as long as possible and just retire off the existing BTO's as they slowly increase the amount of automation.
              I don't think that's the reason. This job changed a lot after 9/11. Even with automated toll collection, there's only so much machines can do. They can't detect potential terror threats or drunk drivers (not yet anyway). Nothing beats an eagle-eyed Officers' good old human intuition. I don't see them phasing out this job any time soon. After all, they just built a whole new Academy building on Randall's Island.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by CloudPuncher View Post
                I don't think that's the reason. This job changed a lot after 9/11. Even with automated toll collection, there's only so much machines can do. They can't detect potential terror threats or drunk drivers (not yet anyway). Nothing beats an eagle-eyed Officers' good old human intuition. I don't see them phasing out this job any time soon. After all, they just built a whole new Academy building on Randall's Island.
                I hear you, just playing devils advocate

                The MTA is in the business of making money, not catching drunk drivers. They will argue that's what NYPD is for.

                For Terror, there are many automated ways to check for Nuclear, Chemical, etc... Carrying vehicles. They are already installed all over the city.

                Sure even if it was all fully automated, they still need a handful of officers around, but not many. Just look at the fully automated Henry Hudson crossing, I pass through there a few times a month and all I see is an empty BTO Car sitting there. No BTO's ever, unless they are somewhere I can't see them.

                The Henry Hudson crossing is the test bed for the rest of the crossings automated future. If they can get away with having little to no BTO's at the Henry Hudson bridge with no ill effects, you can be sure other crossings will follow suit.

                Comment


                • I do miss this thread being alive... once again, blame the MTA.

                  Comment


                  • Temp BTO here cautiously optimistic that there should be some movement towards the end of this summer. At least NYS Court has started canvassing process.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by BlueDragonNYC View Post
                      Temp BTO here cautiously optimistic that there should be some movement towards the end of this summer. At least NYS Court has started canvassing process.
                      Hey, could you let us know how the job is as a temp BTO? What are your day to day duties? Did you interact with BTOs? How is management?
                      NYPD Exam #4329
                      TBTA Exam #5606

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by SendHelp View Post
                        Hey, could you let us know how the job is as a temp BTO? What are your day to day duties? Did you interact with BTOs? How is management?
                        Varies from facility to facility but I like mine. However it's not for those wanting a solid consistent schedule I'll say that. Also, you need to go in everyday with the strong possibility of having to stay an extra 4 to 8 hours. I heavily interact with BTO's...it's necessary and you work together a lot. Management is ok overall.

                        Comment


                        • Brother can you explain a little the day to day duties that you see BTO's doing just get a feel for it and the Law Enforcement of your facility etc. Thank you.
                          Exam: 8329 List: 5$#

                          Comment


                          • Has anyone one heard anything or spoke to a BTO officer about this hiring and or list being made. I'm just curious about new information.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Tye902 View Post
                              Has anyone one heard anything or spoke to a BTO officer about this hiring and or list being made. I'm just curious about new information.
                              No one knows for sure. We dealt with rumors before and it didn't turn out the way we expect it.

                              Comment


                              • Also, you have another person eliminated from this exam. I will start the academy for nyc corrections on June 27th, and more than likely the sanitation department will call me next year, so I'll switch from corrections to sanitation. I really wish it was tbta before I consider giving sanitation a try, but it is what it is. It was cool when this thread was alive and hopefully it gets live again soon when things start moving with the scores and list numbers. I wish the best luck to all of you, and have a great summer!

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 10054 users online. 407 members and 9647 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X