Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tbta 5606

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • It seems like every time someone emails them they get a completely different response from the mta. Well remain patient, continue our daily jobs and keep taking exams. Those who want law enforcement for a career will land something somewhere, and if TBTA is what you really want be patient.

    Comment


    • And yes all exams previous to this one were done by dcas. This as well as nyct exams are now done internally by the mta. Being that they have the (resources) using that word lightly to do there own testing and so on. It saves the city annually $4 million a year by them doing so.

      Comment


      • Apparently it takes an extra year too. Does anyone know if there has been a pay increase for BTOs since the exam? I was reviewing the NOE and noticed that the starting pay (after 11 weeks training) is listed as $41,062 and tops out at 65K.

        I'm processing with a city agency that starts at 40K. If I was to transfer to TBTA after a year or 2 with city, would I still start at $41K with TBTA? I know with city agencies, I would start a higher rate but MTA is a state agency so I'm not sure how that works..can someone kindly enlighten me?

        Comment


        • Originally posted by CloudPuncher View Post
          Apparently it takes an extra year too. Does anyone know if there has been a pay increase for BTOs since the exam? I was reviewing the NOE and noticed that the starting pay (after 11 weeks training) is listed as $41,062 and tops out at 65K.

          I'm processing with a city agency that starts at 40K. If I was to transfer to TBTA after a year or 2 with city, would I still start at $41K with TBTA? I know with city agencies, I would start a higher rate but MTA is a state agency so I'm not sure how that works..can someone kindly enlighten me?
          I think its a NOGO soldier, I doubt we would start at a higher pay grade. It would be awesome if we did. If thats the case, i would love to carry my salary over!! But your city times does carry over for retirement.

          But seriously though. By the time they reach us and called, I'll have about 11 years on already. Lol, I'm in my 10 yrs now.. Smh.

          Who can we call to speed this thing up because it's worst than watching paint dried. I think the Sanitation guys who had over 90,000 ppls take it are already doing their physical or investigation. Can't make this up..

          On another note, how is everybody doing? All is well I hope..

          Comment


          • And for anybody that's looking for a job now.. Please DO NOT COME TO NYC CORRECTION. The money and benefit sounds great but the amount of overtime and stressed brought on isn't worth it. There's been a couple young officers dying these pass few months due to overworked and under rest etc.. One lady died in the parking lot.

            Look elsewhere, like Nassau county or Suffolk county deputy sheriff or federals jobs!! Trust me

            Comment


            • Originally posted by 20NOutLife View Post
              I think its a NOGO soldier, I doubt we would start at a higher pay grade. It would be awesome if we did. If thats the case, i would love to carry my salary over!! But your city times does carry over for retirement.

              But seriously though. By the time they reach us and called, I'll have about 11 years on already. Lol, I'm in my 10 yrs now.. Smh.

              Who can we call to speed this thing up because it's worst than watching paint dried. I think the Sanitation guys who had over 90,000 ppls take it are already doing their physical or investigation. Can't make this up..

              On another note, how is everybody doing? All is well I hope..

              Maybe we should all just just start emailing and calling like crazy till they can't take it anymore and establish it lmfaoo. Everything great on this end. What about yourself

              Comment


              • My friend who took the MTA conductor test 8 years with a score of 97 just got called for orientation. This is just an example of the pace MTA takes in regards to their exams.
                NYPD Exam #4329
                TBTA Exam #5606

                Comment


                • The MTA has little to do with it at this point, the list has been sent to DCAS and they are the ones just sitting on it. DCAS gives very little priority to MTA exams.

                  Theres still no news on new hires other than the Cooper standard physical was approved.

                  And please...the reason I never post is I can not take the 500 private messages a day. If you guys have a question, just ask in the thread, I'll be more than happy to answer when I get a chance
                  sigpic

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by gbotj View Post
                    The MTA has little to do with it at this point, the list has been sent to DCAS and they are the ones just sitting on it. DCAS gives very little priority to MTA exams.

                    Theres still no news on new hires other than the Cooper standard physical was approved.

                    And please...the reason I never post is I can not take the 500 private messages a day. If you guys have a question, just ask in the thread, I'll be more than happy to answer when I get a chance
                    What new changes do you know of thats happening with TBTA?

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by gbotj View Post
                      The MTA has little to do with it at this point, the list has been sent to DCAS and they are the ones just sitting on it. DCAS gives very little priority to MTA exams.

                      Theres still no news on new hires other than the Cooper standard physical was approved.

                      And please...the reason I never post is I can not take the 500 private messages a day. If you guys have a question, just ask in the thread, I'll be more than happy to answer when I get a chance
                      When was the last time you saw a new class come out to the field?

                      Comment


                      • There's lots of changes everyday, most of them to cut headcount, and overtime...
                        Last class hired was in March 2009..
                        sigpic

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by gbotj View Post
                          There's lots of changes everyday, most of them to cut headcount, and overtime...
                          Last class hired was in March 2009..
                          Appreciate you posting. If you hear anything please let us know. Thanks in advance.
                          NYPD Exam #4329
                          TBTA Exam #5606

                          Comment


                          • Well one way to cut ot is to hire new bto's lol just saying

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by gbotj View Post
                              The MTA has little to do with it at this point, the list has been sent to DCAS and they are the ones just sitting on it. DCAS gives very little priority to MTA exams.

                              Theres still no news on new hires other than the Cooper standard physical was approved.

                              And please...the reason I never post is I can not take the 500 private messages a day. If you guys have a question, just ask in the thread, I'll be more than happy to answer when I get a chance
                              Thanks for the info, but I thought that this test was the first one being scored by the MTA? I was under the impression that DCAS had nothing to do with this test. MTA even proctored it.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by WILLDOGS View Post
                                Thanks for the info, but I thought that this test was the first one being scored by the MTA? I was under the impression that DCAS had nothing to do with this test. MTA even proctored it.

                                Dcas has a hand in everything regarding city agencies and authorities . They are the main agency responsible for implementation of the rules for NYC agencies including NYC transit authority , bridge and tunnel authority , NYC housing authority and countless others .

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 7902 users online. 374 members and 7528 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X