Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tbta 5606

Originally posted by Hopeful101 View Post
    I heard it's pretty fast for NYS corrections.. Top pay just takes a while to get to and pay isn't better than NYC corrections. Corrections isn't for everyone tho just like any other job. I'm just opening my options tho
    You're right the pay isn't better than NYC corrections but your also not dealing with a lot of the B.S they deal with and you won't get stuck for mandatory OT everyday like them. You can make the same money with OT that's almost always available. Also we can pretty much have the firemens schedule and work 2 days a week if you do doubles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Tbta 5606

Also NYC pretty much have their hands tied and can barely even do anything as far as use of force is concerned. The atmosphere is a lot different from what I've heard about city and the inmates pretty much know the deal in state and know that they'll face consequences if/when the act up.

Comment

• Yea I heard about the schedule it doesn't sound like a bad work schedule.. I'm currently on FDNY EMS and trying to promote to Firefighter but if that's not possible I'd like to have other options available.. I think I'd deff do NYS corrections

Comment

• Originally posted by Hopeful101 View Post
          Yea I heard about the schedule it doesn't sound like a bad work schedule.. I'm currently on FDNY EMS and trying to promote to Firefighter but if that's not possible I'd like to have other options available.. I think I'd deff do NYS corrections
          Can you take a leave of absence from EMS? If you don't like corrections just go back if anything.

Comment

• Honestly I have no idea.. But I think you have to resign since it's a different agency and since its state as to where FDNY is city

Comment

• Finally! Got my score. Not bad! Good list# too. I'm for sure going to be in the first class.

Comment

• ...April fools?

Comment

...April fools?
                  Apparently [emoji19]

Comment

• Sorry I had to

April fools everyone! I hope we are not back here a year from now still waiting! (famous last words I know)

Comment

• Damn, that wasn't funny! I got excited for a minute... :\

Comment

• So I contacted the exam unit again and here's what they said "Your results and list number for the Bridge and Tunnel Officer, exam (5606) will be mailed to you when the list is established. This could take up to another year to check 12,000 records with the City." lol I give up.

Comment

• Lmao yea screw this department.

Comment

• Up to ANOTHER year? What are they smokin?! I really wish they had let DCAS establish the list and do the initial background like they did with TLC. It moved so quickly. Granted, fewer people took the TLC test but still.. Didn't DCAS previously handle the processing of BTO exams?

Comment

So I contacted the exam unit again and here's what they said "Your results and list number for the Bridge and Tunnel Officer, exam (5606) will be mailed to you when the list is established. This could take up to another year to check 12,000 records with the City." lol I give up.
                              So someone fill me in. What are they checking for?
                              currently employed by The State of NY

Comment

• Yes Dcas handle 2007 exam which i took scored well but wasn't reachable on the llst, got my results in the mail within three months and some candidates receive packages for hiring process as far as grading the exam that's done by computer, if you look at mta website job posting they are mostly hiring temp bridge and tunnel officer

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5407 users online. 275 members and 5132 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X