Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• http://web.mta.info/mta/news/books/p...1_1200_B&T.pdf

Comment

• Now I asked a few Btos If they've heard anything. I don't want to post anything like we all have in the past that will amp us up to just find out its little more than sheer rumors. Apparently not much has changed in the last year in regards to them knowing anything. Basically that they're building the new academy, still working on a curriculum for the academy(possibly 6 months instead of the traditional 3-4), they are in absolute dire need of guys, possibly a class by January 2017(hopefully, but Again let's not get amped up like last time we heard a rumor of a class), and that had dcas administered the test instead of the mta the list would have been established by now. Who knows anymore. Let's just hope that some time soon the list comes out. Regardless of how much we all want the job, just remember the longer it takes them to establish a list the better it may be For us. As we all joked earlier in the thread about how many people showing up to take the exam didn't even know it was a law enforcement job, even people saying they saw or smelt people smoking weed on the line. many of them are just trying to get a job in general. And many of the people who do want to do law enforcement are already getting called for other agencies (nypd, nycdocs, nysdocs etc). So patience is a virtue, all good things come to those who wait.

Comment

• Originally posted by Qns_Ny 22 View Post
        Now I asked a few Btos If they've heard anything. I don't want to post anything like we all have in the past that will amp us up to just find out its little more than sheer rumors. Apparently not much has changed in the last year in regards to them knowing anything. Basically that they're building the new academy, still working on a curriculum for the academy(possibly 6 months instead of the traditional 3-4), they are in absolute dire need of guys, possibly a class by January 2017(hopefully, but Again let's not get amped up like last time we heard a rumor of a class), and that had dcas administered the test instead of the mta the list would have been established by now. Who knows anymore. Let's just hope that some time soon the list comes out. Regardless of how much we all want the job, just remember the longer it takes them to establish a list the better it may be For us. As we all joked earlier in the thread about how many people showing up to take the exam didn't even know it was a law enforcement job, even people saying they saw or smelt people smoking weed on the line. many of them are just trying to get a job in general. And many of the people who do want to do law enforcement are already getting called for other agencies (nypd, nycdocs, nysdocs etc). So patience is a virtue, all good things come to those who wait.
        Whatever info you hear just post it. Its been over one year since taking the exam. Trying my best to be patience. At this pace I may get on with NYPD before MTA even mail us our results.
        NYPD Exam #4329
        TBTA Exam #5606

Comment

• Originally posted by SendHelp View Post
          Whatever info you hear just post it. Its been over one year since taking the exam. Trying my best to be patience. At this pace I may get on with NYPD before MTA even mail us our results.
          I agree, especially as qns_ny stated let's not get amped up like we did last year. My process with NYC Corrections is going real fast so most likely I should be in the June Academy. If it's true about this January 2017 class I might just pass tbta since I should be going on Sanitation next year in the summer. Who knows, maybe by late fall for example I probably decide not to do sanitation(even though its a real good job) and just switch to tbta from corrections when called. I just know everytime I cross the RFK bronx bridge that's the only bridge I desire the most to work at so let's see.

Comment

• When's the next exam?

Comment

• Originally posted by jg60 View Post
              When's the next exam?
              Usually 4 years from the date this exam get establish
              Last edited by bklynproud; 03-23-2016, 06:26 PM. Reason: Corrections

Comment

• Hey how are you doing I see the facility will be or should be finished this month great... What I'm trying to find out if and when will the results be mailed out its going on a year

Comment

• Originally posted by BIGL007 View Post
                  Hey how are you doing I see the facility will be or should be finished this month great... What I'm trying to find out if and when will the results be mailed out its going on a year
                  In regards to when we are all getting the results for this exam as per previously posted it could take up to 12 to 18 months or longer

Comment

• Originally posted by bklynproud View Post
                    In regards to when we are all getting the results for this exam as per previously posted it could take up to 12 to 18 months or longer
                    Its already been 12 to 18 months or longer though lmao

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

• Lol in ours 12 months now since the test, I guess we gotta go by longer

Comment

• Lol if we don't get anything by 18 months then we can raise our red flags.. They did say 12-18 months, hopefully we get them sometime soon. The new budget looks really good as far as BTO vacancies. I think the selection process is going to be pretty tough.. Seems like they're going in a very different direction with this test as opposed to the previous tests..

Comment

• Honestly at this point... I'm saying screw TBTA. Lol nobody should be putting their eggs in one basket any ways.... Hopefully all you guys can get on with another department... there's way better departments out there that were, are or will be hiring.

Comment

• That's true- no one should be banking on only one thing, take as many exams as you can! They just had the NYS corrections test out I filed for that on the last day figured I take it just as a back up lol you never know

Comment

• Originally posted by Hopeful101 View Post
                              That's true- no one should be banking on only one thing, take as many exams as you can! They just had the NYS corrections test out I filed for that on the last day figured I take it just as a back up lol you never know
                              Yup, that's where I'm at right now, the process pretty quick compared to a lot of other departments. that's why I took it, as a back up and It's better than i though it would be... Hopefully ill get on to PD Or something but if i had to, i could do my time here.

Comment

• I heard it's pretty fast for NYS corrections.. Top pay just takes a while to get to and pay isn't better than NYC corrections. Corrections isn't for everyone tho just like any other job. I'm just opening my options tho

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9582 users online. 375 members and 9207 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X