Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tbta 5606

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Hey what's the deal w the NYS DOCCS test? Anyone have a link? And what's the pay scale like? I was supposed to take the test last year but couldn't go because I would of been missing another opportunity that landed at my door step the same exact day!! I was so ****ed, had to choose one over the other

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Rh992 View Post
      The biggest reason is because guys that we're hired in the 80s/early 90s are retiring in droves and they cant keep up with it.

      It's also not an easy job dude

      Comment


      • Originally posted by CO HOPEFUL View Post
        It's also not an easy job dude

        Yup, plenty of UI's , use of force, assault on staff
        currently employed by The State of NY

        Comment


        • Originally posted by nyhockeyref93 View Post
          Yup, plenty of UI's , use of force, assault on staff
          Exactly ! That's why not many want that job . It has nothing to do with retirements

          Comment


          • It went up a little more but I'm sure TBTA don't got as much overtime, I know guys that double their salary with OT.


            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

            Comment


            • Lol it's really not that bad... Before I got on I had this crazy idea about it but once you actually start. Yea it can be dangerous but it's like Rikers island..inmates learn real quick..and like someone else said about swaps. You can make almost as good as a firefighters schedule. I was hesitant at first but it's the best decision I've made.


              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

              Comment


              • Tbta has plenty of forced overtime . If you don't believe me go ask a tbta officer

                Comment


                • Originally posted by Hopeful101 View Post
                  Hey what's the deal w the NYS DOCCS test? Anyone have a link? And what's the pay scale like? I was supposed to take the test last year but couldn't go because I would of been missing another opportunity that landed at my door step the same exact day!! I was so ****ed, had to choose one over the other
                  https://www.cs.ny.gov/examannounceme.../oc/26-079.cfm
                  "If it matters to you, then you’ll find a way. If it doesn’t you’ll find an excuse."

                  Comment


                  • I recommend ATLEAST use it as a back up or to get your foot in the door.get the LEO experience/time. Plus if u can make it through the academy 90% of other academies will seem easy. That's just my .2cents.


                    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                    Comment


                    • I've completed a Federal Law Enforcement Academy for US Customs (cbp) and still no word from Tbta..but at this point, i think i'll let this Peace officer job go by..no city job would compare to the feds...nothing beats having arrest, seizure, serving orders or warrants authority in the entire US and US terretories and not having to worry about no LEOSA issue is priceless..not to mention flying armed(weapon in your possesion) in a commercial airplane and overtime at 2x (not x1.5) after 40 hrs and a 35k overtime cap is PRICELESS... Like i said, tbta Can save their time and not call me....it just feels great identifying yourself as a Federal officer oppose to a peace officer IMO.. So good luck to the future peace officers..hopefully the list comes out soon
                      Last edited by Robert_212; 02-23-2016, 09:33 PM.

                      Comment


                      • Nice! I just applied to US Customs and US Capitol Police.


                        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                        Comment


                        • Nice..good luck..both are tough to get in as they require for you to pass a polygraph exam..i know for Customs out of 12k applicants only 120 make the hiring process due to the polygraph and a 2 part interview disqualifying a mayority of the applicants..but once you on, you golden..the training and benefits you gain are priceless compared to a municipal or state agency..

                          Comment


                          • It wouldn't be a bad idea to try to get into other agencies . Tbta will start calling in maybe 2 years. There is no point in waiting around for tbta

                            Comment


                            • I left Sanitation after 7yrs for my current Federal Law Enforcement job and have no regrets..especially compairing benefits and pay...

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Robert_212 View Post
                                Nice..good luck..both are tough to get in as they require for you to pass a polygraph exam..i know for Customs out of 12k applicants only 120 make the hiring process due to the polygraph and a 2 part interview disqualifying a mayority of the applicants..but once you on, you golden..the training and benefits you gain are priceless compared to a municipal or state agency..
                                can i get your honest opinion... Do you think i have a chance with customs without a college degree and just whatever experience im currently gaining?


                                Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 11901 users online. 534 members and 11367 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X