Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As i was entering the Queens side Midtown tunnel last night, i asked one of the officers about the academy (Even though I should of asked him about the test first) just to get an idea. Its mostly classroom stuff, some physical training so be sure to come physically fit, shooting range but mostly classroom stuff. According to him the academy is going to be 8-9 weeks unless he hasn't heard about academy extending to 11 or 12 weeks. Also he said the written test is easy and you should do fine. Very cool guy.

Comment

• Do we receive a letter in the mail that will tell us when and where, or is it online?

Comment

• Originally posted by mtc288 View Post
        Do we receive a letter in the mail that will tell us when and where, or is it online?
        We get a letter ten days before the exam

NYC law enforcement hopeful

Comment

• Originally posted by Junior214 View Post
          We get a letter ten days before the exam
          Ok thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by impact87 View Post
            As i was entering the Queens side Midtown tunnel last night, i asked one of the officers about the academy (Even though I should of asked him about the test first) just to get an idea. Its mostly classroom stuff, some physical training so be sure to come physically fit, shooting range but mostly classroom stuff. According to him the academy is going to be 8-9 weeks unless he hasn't heard about academy extending to 11 or 12 weeks. Also he said the written test is easy and you should do fine. Very cool guy.
            Last academy was extended to 16 weeks. Word is a 6 month acadamy now. Good luck all.

Comment

• Originally posted by Frenchy View Post
              Last academy was extended to 16 weeks. Word is a 6 month acadamy now. Good luck all.
              Are you on the job? That sounds good to be training for 6 months that means more in depth training all positive things

NYC law enforcement hopeful

Comment

• Originally posted by Frenchy View Post
                Awesome! Can't wait! I want March 7 to hurry up already!!!!!!!

Comment

• RIP to BTO Thomas choi killed in LOD

Comment

• http://www.odmp.org/officer/22316-br...er-thomas-choi

Officer Choi was one of the best. Great loss to this Department. RIP brother.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Rip

Curious as to what the LODD benefits are for the family?

Comment

• Wow, what a shame. R.I.P Officer Choi

Comment

• Fortunately years ago the unions got us LODD benefit in line with the other uniformed agencies.
                          sigpic

Comment

• What is this job like? Describe what you would do on a "typical" day? How many days do you work and what are the tours? OT and holiday pay? Night pay? Any investigative positions? Lots of room for promotion? Are you capable of making six figures? Would you consider this to be a good career?

Just curious since I signed up for the exam and I'm trying to weigh my options.

Thanks for the info.
                            Last edited by Brooklynite; 12-30-2014, 11:14 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brooklynite View Post
                              What is this job like? Describe what you would do on a "typical" day? How many days do you work and what are the tours? OT and holiday pay? Night pay? Any investigative positions? Lots of room for promotion? Are you capable of making six figures? Would you consider this to be a good career?

Just curious since I signed up for the exam and I'm trying to weigh my options.

Thanks for the info.
                              This job is constantly changing/evolving. I could write a novel answering all your questions so, I'll answer the most important. Yes you can make six figures. Yes you can make a career out of it.

Comment

• Does anybody have an idea on how many people they are hiring

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4863 users online. 237 members and 4626 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X