Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tbta 5606

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Impact87 View Post
    Pretty sure I'll be on Sanitation by the time TBTA calls. In the meantime I'm working on getting into the Corrections hopefully this Summer.

    I always hear the old switches like people leave corrections for anything (tbta, nypd, fdny, sanitation),or leave nypd for fdny or sanitation... even here and there people leave sanitation for fdny. Never heard anything about people leaving tbta for sanitation or people leaving sanitation for any law enforcement agency. I really would like to try TBTA first before getting into Sanitation. Im already starting to feel it on my back with my years working as a truck driver lol.
    Yep - if everything lines up the way it supposed to for me, I should be in sanitation by this fall. Wasn't my first choice but I will take it.

    And in speaking with my good friend who is a sanitation supervisor as well as talking to other guys in his garage when I visit him, very few guys actually sit in trucks all day. Picking up garbage is only one of the many jobs the guys do. There are so many details and other units that san workers can get into. So don't worry, you don't have to sit in a truck all day if you don't wany to (barring major snow storms where yo uwill be doing 12 hour shifts pushing a plow )

    Comment


    • Originally posted by WILLDOGS View Post
      Yep - if everything lines up the way it supposed to for me, I should be in sanitation by this fall. Wasn't my first choice but I will take it.

      And in speaking with my good friend who is a sanitation supervisor as well as talking to other guys in his garage when I visit him, very few guys actually sit in trucks all day. Picking up garbage is only one of the many jobs the guys do. There are so many details and other units that san workers can get into. So don't worry, you don't have to sit in a truck all day if you don't wany to (barring major snow storms where yo uwill be doing 12 hour shifts pushing a plow )
      Yeah but if you do the truck you get extra money. But you're right you dont have to. You could drive the broom, or you could take the midnight shift and empty cans and sweep. During a snow storm you dont have to plow. You cam stay in the garage and put on the plows and chains.......i work with an ex-san worker lol i know everything there is to know.

      Comment


      • Originally posted by WILLDOGS View Post
        Yep - if everything lines up the way it supposed to for me, I should be in sanitation by this fall. Wasn't my first choice but I will take it.

        And in speaking with my good friend who is a sanitation supervisor as well as talking to other guys in his garage when I visit him, very few guys actually sit in trucks all day. Picking up garbage is only one of the many jobs the guys do. There are so many details and other units that san workers can get into. So don't worry, you don't have to sit in a truck all day if you don't wany to (barring major snow storms where yo uwill be doing 12 hour shifts pushing a plow )
        Good to hear lol.

        Comment


        • Here is some food for thought for some of you that want to be tbta officers . The nycers 20/50 retirement plan requires bto's to contribute 5.5 % for 20 years and in addition between 3-6% depending on salary for all years of service .

          Comment


          • Originally posted by CO HOPEFUL View Post
            Here is some food for thought for some of you that want to be tbta officers . The nycers 20/50 retirement plan requires bto's to contribute 5.5 % for 20 years and in addition between 3-6% depending on salary for all years of service .
            Just keep in mind that if you have qualified prior city or state time, you will be in the older tier which stop your contribution after 10 and 20 years of service. Since we are talking about retirement.

            But hi to everybody, I know it has been a while, hope all is doing well.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by 20NOutLife View Post
              Just keep in mind that if you have qualified prior city or state time, you will be in the older tier which stop your contribution after 10 and 20 years of service. Since we are talking about retirement.

              But hi to everybody, I know it has been a while, hope all is doing well.
              Hope all is well to you also, giving corrections a try this year so maybe I'll run into ya lol

              Comment


              • Correct

                Originally posted by 20NOutLife View Post
                Just keep in mind that if you have qualified prior city or state time, you will be in the older tier which stop your contribution after 10 and 20 years of service. Since we are talking about retirement.

                But hi to everybody, I know it has been a while, hope all is doing well.
                Yes that is correct . I have prior city time myself which helps . I should have been more specific . The newer people without any prior city or state time would fall into the tier 6 plan .

                Comment


                • Originally posted by CO HOPEFUL View Post
                  Yes that is correct . I have prior city time myself which helps . I should have been more specific . The newer people without any prior city or state time would fall into the tier 6 plan .
                  Doesn't matter to me i'm already in Tier 6 lol. Just missed being in tier 5 when i got in.

                  Comment


                  • Im in Tier 6 also, ****ty tier!! TBTA changed the department patch recently.


                    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                    Comment


                    • There taking for ever to release the list ! I guess it's a good thing I'm already tier 6 nycers
                      55.......

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by Anti-crime View Post
                        There taking for ever to release the list ! I guess it's a good thing I'm already tier 6 nycers
                        I think its taking so long because theyre changing stuff around in the department. They probably want to get that done and then hire new officers.


                        Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Anti-crime View Post
                          There taking for ever to release the list ! I guess it's a good thing I'm already tier 6 nycers
                          Here's a nice frame or reference, in May 2013 they put out the proposed keys for Track worker and the list wasn't established till october 2014.

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by NYPD14AUX View Post
                            I think its taking so long because theyre changing stuff around in the department. They probably want to get that done and then hire new officers.


                            Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            I guess I just want to get out of nycd ASAP
                            55.......

                            Comment


                            • You can't use a previous exam as a frame of reference . The track worker exam always had an active list before the new one was established . The tbta does not have an active list so it can be created at anytime because they don't have to wait for the active list to expire because there isn't an active list for this title
                              Last edited by CO HOPEFUL; 02-22-2016, 03:18 PM.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by CO HOPEFUL View Post
                                You can't use a previous exam as a frame of reference . The track worker exam always had an active list before the new one was established . The tbta does not have an active list so it can be created at anytime because they don't have to wait for the active list to expire because there isn't an active list for this title
                                So did DSNY and they made the list public before the old list rotated out. The point i was trying to make is they tell you it can take up 18 months for the list to be established and for tests with a lot of people taking it, it tends to be the case.

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 12463 users online. 432 members and 12031 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X