Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Randal's island I wouldn't even lose sleep on this test go back to your regular lives and when there ready to release the results they will then we all get excited then wait again. This is how it is.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hopeful101 View Post
      Hey everyone, been following this thread for a while now. I got two wrong on 5606 according to the answer key they posted online. It's been way too long! They need to hurry up and establish a list already!! I emailed them a while ago asking how many applicants took the exam and how many of them passed.. So, 20,000 took the exam but only 12000 passed and we can expect results 12-18 months or more after the exam as per the email.. So hopefully it comes out quick! Good luck to all
      Hi Hopeful101, 12000 it alot comparing from the last exam of 5000+ that passed the exam and only under 5 hundred got process within the life of the list which is 4 years I hope all on this forum have a reachable list number, good luck to us all

Comment

• Originally posted by Junior214 View Post
        Randal's island I wouldn't even lose sleep on this test go back to your regular lives and when there ready to release the results they will then we all get excited then wait again. This is how it is.
        Couldn't have said it any better lol

Comment

• I also emailed them they said the city has to verify info on every single candidate and it that it's a slow process I'm guess it's more annoying for them to sort through them for us. Also do any one think that if you have a background for working for NYPD that will bump you up

Comment

• Originally posted by Tye902 View Post
            I also emailed them they said the city has to verify info on every single candidate and it that it's a slow process I'm guess it's more annoying for them to sort through them for us. Also do any one think that if you have a background for working for NYPD that will bump you up
            No it's civil service your a list number to them you will treated the same as some one with no experience. I'm pretty sure you still have to do an academy. you still have to have a background check done psych evaluation written and oral and whatever else TBTA has in terms of there regulations as an agency. Just think of all the guys that go from nypd to doc and vice versa none of them have steps skipped and all attend academy.

Comment

• What's the top pay for this position? I would leave Corrections if the pay was around the same.
              Play stupid games and win stupid prizes. An all expenses paid trip with travel, meals, and accommodations included!

Comment

• SALARY AND BENEFITS
                The current minimum salary for Bridge and Tunnel Officers is $34,903 per annum increasing to $41,062 after
                eleven weeks of training. Incumbents will receive salary increments, reaching $65,037 per annum after
                completion of five years of employment. These rates are subject to change. The benefits of this position
                include night salary differentials, paid holidays, vacations, sick leave, a comprehensive medical plan,
                contributions by MTA Bridges and Tunnels to the pension and welfare funds, and an annual uniform
                allowance

Comment

• Originally posted by bklynproud View Post
                  SALARY AND BENEFITS
                  The current minimum salary for Bridge and Tunnel Officers is $34,903 per annum increasing to $41,062 after
                  eleven weeks of training. Incumbents will receive salary increments, reaching $65,037 per annum after
                  completion of five years of employment. These rates are subject to change. The benefits of this position
                  include night salary differentials, paid holidays, vacations, sick leave, a comprehensive medical plan,
                  contributions by MTA Bridges and Tunnels to the pension and welfare funds, and an annual uniform
                  allowance
                  Hopefully with another raise it will be close to the mid 70s for top pay.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anti-crime View Post
                    Hopefully with another raise it will be close to the mid 70s for top pay.
                    They are working on an expired contract still that raise only covered the time until 2012. So I wouldn't be surprised if that ended up happening to make there contracts current

Comment

• Yes it will be great a raise before they start calling the first group for process for the newly hired

Comment

• "Your results and list number for the Bridge and Tunnel Officer, exam (5606) will be mailed to you when the list is established. This could take up to another year for the City to check 12,000 records." latest email I received from exams unit :/

Comment

• Wow another year, looks like we looking at 2017 to get results. thanks for the info Hopeful101

Comment

• What exactly do they mean when they say they are checking records?

Comment

• Originally posted by perpwatcher View Post
                              What exactly do they mean when they say they are checking records?
                              Probably to see if you meet the qualifications listed on the Notice of Exam announcement.

Comment

• Tbta 5606

Originally posted by TruGuardian View Post
                                Probably to see if you meet the qualifications listed on the Notice of Exam announcement.
                                I don't know how an agency can check records with out a release form. To even see if you meet qualifications you need to have an investigator sit down with you submit paper work sign a release form then they get started. Who knows what records there checking I wouldn't think to hard on what that entails. Personal info you need to sign off on.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 14766 users online. 465 members and 14301 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X