300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by nycapomts View Post
    So results for this job are not going be send out this year ? I have never taken a test that has taken so long just to get your list number.
    I took the MTA track worker exam in April 2013 and did not recieve my results until September/October of 2014. So figure this wait as of today can be another 6-12 months, i pray for earlier than that....

Comment

• I took the MTA transit property protection agent exam on March 9th 2013 and got my results on July 22, 2015 and still no one from that exam has been call for process

Comment

• So how about them scores? Lol

Comment

• Hope everyone on here is doing good, and wishing everyone an early happy thanksgiving. Hopefully sometime soon we'll get these scores and start this damn thing. Wouldn't be MTA if they weren't late on everything..

Comment

• This waiting is so horrible

Comment

• Originally posted by Impact87 View Post
              This waiting is so horrible
              Civil service is a giant waiting game lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Rh992 View Post
                Civil service is a giant waiting game lol
                yes it is my friend. But just want to take this chance to say happy thanksgiving to everyone. Hope everybody have a safe and enjoyable holiday with their family. and for those whos dying to get on this job or any job, just remember that holidays like this will be few and far to come by because you will be at work. SO ENJOY this time now. (i feel a cold coming up tomorrow,thank god for sick days..LOL)

Comment

• Originally posted by 20NOutLife View Post
                  yes it is my friend. But just want to take this chance to say happy thanksgiving to everyone. Hope everybody have a safe and enjoyable holiday with their family. and for those whos dying to get on this job or any job, just remember that holidays like this will be few and far to come by because you will be at work. SO ENJOY this time now. (i feel a cold coming up tomorrow,thank god for sick days..LOL)
                  Likewise 20 and feel better lol.

Btw 20, corrections AIU sent me a letter few months ago and i didn't have enough credits at that time. And now since i do have them, im currently waiting for my college transcripts for my new credits i did on FEMA and once that comes in the mail, im going to notify AIU to let them know i have them so they schedule me starting the hiring process.

Also since dealing with inmates... me being at 5'10 180lbs a good weight for corrections or should i bulk up more pounds? I know the job can be stressful, but any pro & con ideas would be greatly appreciated
                  Last edited by Impact87; 11-25-2015, 08:41 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Impact87 View Post
                    Likewise 20 and feel better lol.

Btw 20, corrections AIU sent me a letter few months ago and i didn't have enough credits at that time. And now since i do have them, im currently waiting for my college transcripts for my new credits i did on FEMA and once that comes in the mail, im going to notify AIU to let them know i have them so they schedule me starting the hiring process.

Also since dealing with inmates... me being at 5'10 180lbs a good weight for corrections or should i bulk up more pounds? I know the job can be stressful, but any pro & con ideas would be greatly appreciated
                    I'll be honest with you my friend, size doesn't really matter at all on this job anymore. it's how confident you carry yourself, your assertiveness, professionalism and demeanor means alot more. the days of fighting are over, its more talk them down and chemical agent. according to the health chart, your height and weight is perfect. now try to maintain it once you get on.

your process should go very quickly depending on your case and your investigator so good luck. I know they are looking for highly qualified candidates for upcoming classes.

pros- excellent pension, great benefits, health,dental,vision etc, pay is decent, vacations etc. great training, alot of cool gears, law enforcement status, tons of specialized units to join..

cons- being assaulted, getting slashed or burn, scarred for the rest of your life, the jails are outta control, inmates knows that there are no punishment for their actions, the AMOUNT of force overtime, its not healthy for the body, a few captains and officer has died recently because of stress and bad health due to constantly working. it's not easy workint conditions, so add in extra overtime everyday, your body is going to give out. it's a very stressful environment, alot of staff don't live to see their pension, its a sad but real truth.

take it for what it's worth my friend, I'm a supervisor with almost 7yrs on, I grossed almost 130k ytd AND IM LEAVING. im ready to take a paycut to go anywhere else, so that i can enjoy my life with my wife and be there for my family. I know alot of ppls that said enough is enough, especially with what happened recently with the attempted murder of CO Calderon. just my two cents, use it as a stepping stone if you wish, but be careful!

Comment

• Originally posted by 20NOutLife View Post
                      I'll be honest with you my friend, size doesn't really matter at all on this job anymore. it's how confident you carry yourself, your assertiveness, professionalism and demeanor means alot more. the days of fighting are over, its more talk them down and chemical agent. according to the health chart, your height and weight is perfect. now try to maintain it once you get on.

your process should go very quickly depending on your case and your investigator so good luck. I know they are looking for highly qualified candidates for upcoming classes.

pros- excellent pension, great benefits, health,dental,vision etc, pay is decent, vacations etc. great training, alot of cool gears, law enforcement status, tons of specialized units to join..

cons- being assaulted, getting slashed or burn, scarred for the rest of your life, the jails are outta control, inmates knows that there are no punishment for their actions, the AMOUNT of force overtime, its not healthy for the body, a few captains and officer has died recently because of stress and bad health due to constantly working. it's not easy workint conditions, so add in extra overtime everyday, your body is going to give out. it's a very stressful environment, alot of staff don't live to see their pension, its a sad but real truth.

take it for what it's worth my friend, I'm a supervisor with almost 7yrs on, I grossed almost 130k ytd AND IM LEAVING. im ready to take a paycut to go anywhere else, so that i can enjoy my life with my wife and be there for my family. I know alot of ppls that said enough is enough, especially with what happened recently with the attempted murder of CO Calderon. just my two cents, use it as a stepping stone if you wish, but be careful!
                      Thanks alot 20, I appreciate all the info. I'll just do corrections for now and once tbta calls or sanitation calls me back for pre-orientation im switching over. If your really going to leave definitely go to TBTA, you'll be more relaxed on the good ol RFK bridge.

Comment

• I hope these guys get a good contract as I will leave NYCDOC for tbta as well

Comment

• Originally posted by 20noutlife View Post
                          i'll be honest with you my friend, size doesn't really matter at all on this job anymore. It's how confident you carry yourself, your assertiveness, professionalism and demeanor means alot more. The days of fighting are over, its more talk them down and chemical agent. According to the health chart, your height and weight is perfect. Now try to maintain it once you get on.

Your process should go very quickly depending on your case and your investigator so good luck. I know they are looking for highly qualified candidates for upcoming classes.

Pros- excellent pension, great benefits, health,dental,vision etc, pay is decent, vacations etc. Great training, alot of cool gears, law enforcement status, tons of specialized units to join..

Cons- being assaulted, getting slashed or burn, scarred for the rest of your life, the jails are outta control, inmates knows that there are no punishment for their actions, the amount of force overtime, its not healthy for the body, a few captains and officer has died recently because of stress and bad health due to constantly working. It's not easy workint conditions, so add in extra overtime everyday, your body is going to give out. It's a very stressful environment, alot of staff don't live to see their pension, its a sad but real truth.

Take it for what it's worth my friend, i'm a supervisor with almost 7yrs on, i grossed almost 130k ytd and im leaving. Im ready to take a paycut to go anywhere else, so that i can enjoy my life with my wife and be there for my family. I know alot of ppls that said enough is enough, especially with what happened recently with the attempted murder of co calderon. Just my two cents, use it as a stepping stone if you wish, but be careful!
                          wow!! They called me 3 years ago n i didn't have enough credits . I have a decent career so i didnt pursue it.. I have a good freind i grew up with whos otj but he does transpo.. I didnt know it was that stressful.. $130, ytd damn.. Thats so much ot.. Geeze.. Hey 20.. Stay healthy.

Comment

• Originally posted by REDBIRD1031 View Post
                            wow!! They called me 3 years ago n i didn't have enough credits . I have a decent career so i didnt pursue it.. I have a good freind i grew up with whos otj but he does transpo.. I didnt know it was that stressful.. $130, ytd damn.. Thats so much ot.. Geeze.. Hey 20.. Stay healthy.
                            thanks brother, im trying. and you not getting called is the best thing that never happen to you. your friend is good, theres are a lot of cushy units on the job, don't get me wrong, and if I get transfer to one of those spot, I'm not going anywhere, lmao...but being a supervisor, its harder to land in a cushy spot than as an officer. that isn't even alot of overtime, theres captains at my facility that's at abt 175k, they volunteer for everything available. but let see where the road leads us.

Comment

• Does anyone know of a link or a File of the current BTO contract?
                              Last edited by TruGuardian; 12-02-2015, 04:22 PM.

Comment

• Any idea when we will get the test scores and when the list will be established?

It's been a while..

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7973 users online. 365 members and 7608 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X