Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tbta 5606

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Since were talking about sanitation, I work with a guy who retired from sanitation. His later half of his career with sanitation he was with the sanitation police and he said it was a mistake in a way because there wasn't much overtime as there was for the guys who drive the trucks. Had he stayed with the trucks he could have had a better pension. Not saying you shouldn't go for sanitation police if you get called but just wanted to give you guys a heads up in case if you do pursue it.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Tomar111292 View Post
      Since were talking about sanitation, I work with a guy who retired from sanitation. His later half of his career with sanitation he was with the sanitation police and he said it was a mistake in a way because there wasn't much overtime as there was for the guys who drive the trucks. Had he stayed with the trucks he could have had a better pension. Not saying you shouldn't go for sanitation police if you get called but just wanted to give you guys a heads up in case if you do pursue it.
      Yea my sanitation buddy told me the same. The PD side of things do not get the same OT as regular san men. If you want to make $$$ you have to stay out of PD.

      By the way, I just called DCAS, amazingly I got list number #5xx and scored a 105. I can't believe it!

      Comment


      • Originally posted by WILLDOGS View Post
        Yea my sanitation buddy told me the same. The PD side of things do not get the same OT as regular san men. If you want to make $$$ you have to stay out of PD.

        By the way, I just called DCAS, amazingly I got list number #5xx and scored a 105. I can't believe it!
        For sanitation?

        Comment


        • Sorry Yes for Sanitation. I'll try to keep the sanitation talk to a minimum here lol, it's getting off track! Just excited/nervous/in disbelief

          Comment


          • Originally posted by WILLDOGS View Post
            Sorry Yes for Sanitation. I'll try to keep the sanitation talk to a minimum here lol, it's getting off track! Just excited/nervous/in disbelief
            Sent you a pm

            Comment


            • Yes there is more ot on the garbage trucks, A good friend of mine retired from nyc sanitation police gets a good pension has the retired law enforcement ID and shield and full carry gun license and now he's working in security making extra money

              Comment


              • Any word when we will receive our TBTA score?

                Comment


                • Originally posted by mtc288 View Post
                  Any word when we will receive our TBTA score?
                  Bookmark this page and check often. It will have the most updated info on the list and scores

                  http://web.mta.info/nyct/hr/5606.htm

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by WILLDOGS View Post
                    Bookmark this page and check often. It will have the most updated info on the list and scores

                    http://web.mta.info/nyct/hr/5606.htm
                    We won't receive our score for a while Probaly feb 2016

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by CO HOPEFUL View Post
                      We won't receive our score for a while Probaly feb 2016

                      Why you say that??

                      Comment


                      • Because the Exams are not graded so Quickly its a lengthy process. If you go based on history , the average exam gets graded and the list is established in about 11 months .

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by CO HOPEFUL View Post
                          We won't receive our score for a while Probaly feb 2016
                          Id say more like december. With only around 15K that took the exam. Heck look at DCAS, they processed a public list for 94k+ applicants for DSNY which around 68k passed. That test was administered a month prior to TBTA. granted DCAS is larger that NYCT but i have faith that before the year is up we will have scores. Hoping the one i got wrong got overturned. Really would like my first 100 on a cs exam.

                          Comment


                          • Mta takes time when it comes to our results compared to dcas. The last tbta exam was under dcas and you see how quickly the process went in the first group (results, hiring process)...

                            Even though im scheduled for the physical exam for sanitation in November, based on my score (103.5) and list# (169*), I won't hear from sanitation again for another 2 years. So im almost positive tbta will call me prior to that. Since Willdogs is in the 500s he'll be on Sanitation in 2016 (lucky mother flower)

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Impact87 View Post
                              Mta takes time when it comes to our results compared to dcas. The last tbta exam was under dcas and you see how quickly the process went in the first group (results, hiring process)...

                              Even though im scheduled for the physical exam for sanitation in November, based on my score (103.5) and list# (169*), I won't hear from sanitation again for another 2 years. So im almost positive tbta will call me prior to that. Since Willdogs is in the 500s he'll be on Sanitation in 2016 (lucky mother flower)
                              keep the faith brother and I'm pretty sure you going to get called by sanitation before 2 years. just remember that everything happens for a reason and good things really come to those who wait!!!

                              in the meantime, if u want a city job that pays really well... correction is hiring..hahaha..=)..

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by 20NOutLife View Post
                                keep the faith brother and I'm pretty sure you going to get called by sanitation before 2 years. just remember that everything happens for a reason and good things really come to those who wait!!!

                                in the meantime, if u want a city job that pays really well... correction is hiring..hahaha..=)..
                                Thanks 20. Speaking of corrections, i received a letter from them several days ago and just filled out the form today since I've been busy. The form regards with a yes or no answer to questions asking if i have 39 credits, if ive been arrested the past year or ever a convicted felon even as a youth and all that stuff. All my answers were good, except the 39 college credits since i only have 33. I mailed it back leaving a sticker note on the form indicating that i am working to get 6 more credits. Can they put you in a 4 year system like pd?

                                Comment

                                MR300x250 Tablet

                                Collapse

                                What's Going On

                                Collapse

                                There are currently 8349 users online. 219 members and 8130 guests.

                                Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

                                Welcome Ad

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X