Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry for the confusion 20nOUTLIFE I Started typing and locked my phone and apparently it!

Comment

• Originally posted by Qns_Ny 22 View Post
      Aye 20nOUTLIFE at a ball game and there's the the DOC recruiters here, does that mean a test is coming out?
      you must be at the Brooklyn cylcone game. I think it correction officer night being celebrated over there tonight. theres flyers about this event passing around the job. and I think theres exam coming out soon, ask the recruiter there..lol..they should know the answer better than anybody else.

Comment

• Sorry 20nOUTLIFE started typing and locked my phone. Apparently it posted two words. Sorry for confusing you man!!!

Comment

• Lol that I am lol, although right now the cyclones are loosing. But I did he said soon and they'll send emails!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Qns_Ny 22 View Post
            Sorry for the confusion 20nOUTLIFE I Started typing and locked my phone and apparently it!
            Test opens up in November or December. It's on doc's site and on dcas

Comment

• nice. Was just curious, the guy didn't really give info towards the test or when it'll be. But hopefully by nov-dec something will be going on with the TBTA.

Comment

• ....... .....

Comment

• Hello everyone.......and all BTO hopefuls. I'v been around, reading gathering info from all you guys. Just barely post. For those of you who dont remember I am already with the MTA as Bus Operator....for four years now. I took 5606 and got only 2 wrong. BUT......(and this is a good one)...I took exam 8098 for train operator back in 2009 and it seems like I might get that letter any day now. I just got on their forum after a few months, and they are uo t ist number 403x.......I am 430x.

So what it all boils down to is...
                  A. Go to Train Operator and do 26 MORE years with the MTA, wait 15 to 18 years for Sun/Mon off.
                  B. Wait for TBTA and do 20 years flat (I'll be 30 next month), and have weekends of much sooner than 15 years.

I didn't mention money here because thats not an issue. I can do the pay cut with TBTA. Any advice...?

Comment

• Originally posted by Magic_Wealthy View Post
                    Hello everyone.......and all BTO hopefuls. I'v been around, reading gathering info from all you guys. Just barely post. For those of you who dont remember I am already with the MTA as Bus Operator....for four years now. I took 5606 and got only 2 wrong. BUT......(and this is a good one)...I took exam 8098 for train operator back in 2009 and it seems like I might get that letter any day now. I just got on their forum after a few months, and they are uo t ist number 403x.......I am 430x.

So what it all boils down to is...
                    A. Go to Train Operator and do 26 MORE years with the MTA, wait 15 to 18 years for Sun/Mon off.
                    B. Wait for TBTA and do 20 years flat (I'll be 30 next month), and have weekends of much sooner than 15 years.

I didn't mention money here because thats not an issue. I can do the pay cut with TBTA. Any advice...?
                    hey brother. we have similar problems and thank god for us that we have good problems. other people are trying to find work so rememebr to count our blessings.

but as far as your situation, my personal advice is if money isn't an issue, then I would suggest you take the Train operator position and get settled there and once TBTA officer calls, come over and try it out. you should get a leave of absence from the job to pursue other city agency position. if after the academy and working a while, you decide that it's not for you because of too much overtime or any reason, you can always go back to your previous position, no harm no foul, your pension time still counted. at least this way, you try it and realize it wasn't for you.

think of it as Michael Jordan going to baseball for that brief year and realize he perfer basketball.. lol..

hope this help

Comment

• Originally posted by 20NOutLife View Post
                      hey brother. we have similar problems and thank god for us that we have good problems. other people are trying to find work so rememebr to count our blessings.

but as far as your situation, my personal advice is if money isn't an issue, then I would suggest you take the Train operator position and get settled there and once TBTA officer calls, come over and try it out. you should get a leave of absence from the job to pursue other city agency position. if after the academy and working a while, you decide that it's not for you because of too much overtime or any reason, you can always go back to your previous position, no harm no foul, your pension time still counted. at least this way, you try it and realize it wasn't for you.

think of it as Michael Jordan going to baseball for that brief year and realize he perfer basketball.. lol..

hope this help
                      Definitely counting my blessings. Here is the whole thing with leaving and coming back to a position though, you cant leave if your still on probation. Even though I already have time with MTA, I cant go "try" another job while I'm on the one year probation as a Train Op. So lets just say I get called for trains next two months, then TBTA calls me 8 months from now, and I make that move, there's no coming back. And if I dont make it with TBTA for whatever reason, then I have NO JOB. sucks right?

I applied for Greyhound back in 2007 to drive for them. I was 22 years old working at JFK airport, they wrote me up for some nonsense. So I went to the greyhound training WITHOUT putting in a leave of absense for JFK. I just resigned. I'd never forget, during the training it was in the back of my head that "I BETTER knock this out or else I'll be homeless"....and that 'mental' push kinda helped me get through. This might be another one of those episodes if take this train operator and then TBTA calls me. In this day and age, not good to be without a job. Thanks though 20NOutLife

Comment

• What are the chances of getting contacted with 3 wrong?
                        sigpicRookie Correction Officer

Comment

• Magic,

MTA is giving another exam for train operator in December. Based on your post I feel like you rather go with TBTA but don't want to miss out on being a train operator because you already waited 5+ years. You may be in a lucky spot and start processing for both TBTA and train op. Sgt mentioned a few months ago they want to put in a class this fall.
                          NYPD Exam #4329
                          TBTA Exam #5606

Comment

• Originally posted by Solid Snake12 View Post
                            What are the chances of getting contacted with 3 wrong?
                            You have a chance of getting called. It all comes down to your list number once its established. Plus the physical will be challenging so keep your head up.

Comment

• I heard that they wanted to put in a class in the fall but the training academy is not ready yet . They don't have all the training materials etc... Ready yet since the last class was in 2009. There will be a class sometime next year instead .

Comment

• Originally posted by CO HOPEFUL View Post
                                I heard that they wanted to put in a class in the fall but the training academy is not ready yet . They don't have all the training materials etc... Ready yet since the last class was in 2009. There will be a class sometime next year instead .
                                If that is the case, it should be an early 2016 class then.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8087 users online. 410 members and 7677 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X