300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tbta 5606

Figured it would be good to have a separate thread specific to this exam. Good luck to all and let's get some helpful info for everyone flowing!

Link to the NOE: https://erecruit.mtabsc.info/ERPRD/p...ackage5606.pdf

Is there a test prep book for this exam? Or is it basically common sense stuff? I've searched all over but cant seem to find a book.

Comment

Originally posted by WILLDOGS View Post
      Is there a test prep book for this exam? Or is it basically common sense stuff? I've searched all over but cant seem to find a book.
      yes, barnesandnoble.com check that out, you will probably need to search it.

Comment

To those of you who applied by email, what happened after you applied? Did they give you some sort of confirmation, or anything?

I applied by mail for a fee waiver, but I have no idea to find out whether it was approved or not. My paper application asked for to provide an email so, I did. There isn't a phone number to contact. (at least none that I know of).

Would hate to miss this exam over a mailed application.

Comment

Originally posted by CelticLEO View Post
          yes, barnesandnoble.com check that out, you will probably need to search it.
          Thanks i'll take a look

Comment

Originally posted by nyofficer9207 View Post
            To those of you who applied by email, what happened after you applied? Did they give you some sort of confirmation, or anything?

I applied by mail for a fee waiver, but I have no idea to find out whether it was approved or not. My paper application asked for to provide an email so, I did. There isn't a phone number to contact. (at least none that I know of).

Would hate to miss this exam over a mailed application.
            I applied on-line and got an instant confirmation number and payment confirmation.

Comment

Those old bridge and tunnel books are probably old and outdated. The last one was nearly identical to NYPD's.
              As far as mailing in the application, as long as you keep your customer copy of the money order as proof of purchase with exam number and title on it, you're fine. If they say you didn't file, you bring that down to Livingston street and they square it away.

Good luck
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gbotj View Post
                Those old bridge and tunnel books are probably old and outdated. The last one was nearly identical to NYPD's.
                As far as mailing in the application, as long as you keep your customer copy of the money order as proof of purchase with exam number and title on it, you're fine. If they say you didn't file, you bring that down to Livingston street and they square it away.

Good luck
                Thankfully I sent in my application with a post mark, and delivery confirmation, so I know they actually received it. I applied with a fee waiver, so I had to send in a notarized letter with my application. That's why i'm a little worried. Just wish I could find out if it was approved or not before the deadline.

Comment

Originally posted by gbotj View Post

Good luck
                  Is this the old book? http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/spec...=9780668056144

Goes for quite a bit of money lol.

Is there a replacement book? If not what do you recommend doing to fully prepare for the test?

I'm currently looking to make a career change to this at the ripe age of 38 after being in the private sector/corporate jobs since the age of 18. It will be quite a paycut but I've always wanted to be a cop since I was basically born, and since now I am too old for any other agency, I feel this is my best bet right now. This is a void in my life I need to fill.
                  Anyway ,thanks for any help!

Comment

http://www.amazon.com/Bridge-Tunnel-...l+officer+exam

This book is MUCH cheaper lol but it is from 2001. Im gonna buy it just to go over it but if it is outdated then it might not be much help.
                    Agencies Currently and Previously Employed By:
                    NYRA Peace Officer - 2010 - 2012 & 2016 - Present
                    Sea Gate Police - 2012 - 2013
                    NYPD Auxiliary Police - 2009 - 2014
                    NYC Department of Homeless Services Police - 2012 - 2014
                    U.S. Dept. of Justice, Bureau of Prisons - 2014 - 2015

Comment

Originally posted by WILLDOGS View Post
                      Is this the old book? http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/spec...=9780668056144

Goes for quite a bit of money lol.

Is there a replacement book? If not what do you recommend doing to fully prepare for the test?

I'm currently looking to make a career change to this at the ripe age of 38 after being in the private sector/corporate jobs since the age of 18. It will be quite a paycut but I've always wanted to be a cop since I was basically born, and since now I am too old for any other agency, I feel this is my best bet right now. This is a void in my life I need to fill.
                      Anyway ,thanks for any help!
                      Props for making this jump. Good luck.
                      NYPD Exam #4329
                      TBTA Exam #5606

Comment

Guys it's ABCD, there's nothing you need to know beforehand.

Save your money for a nice breakfast.
                        Captain Square Badge, reporting for duty!.

Comment

There's nothing to study, it's really not that hard. Just google a practice nypd exam and look that over.
                          sigpic

Comment

Only thing you can possibly study is the memorization part

Comment

Copy That. Thanks everyone! Seems like it's mostly a common sense type test with some memorization.

I asked in another thread, is there is a listing of medical requirements for the BTO position?

Also, what is the current morale of the officers? Is it a job that most officers feel decently happy in? Looking at old threads, it looks like a job where you make it what you want.

In regards to a pay cut, I will be cutting my salary in more than half by starting out as a new officer (if all goes well). With Overtime, I expect to be back at my current salary in about two years or so. Is OT still available? any Caps?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12322 users online. 477 members and 11845 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X