Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quick question on the NYPD exam and veteran credit.

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick question on the NYPD exam and veteran credit.

I just recently toke the exam this pass Saturday and I just mailed my DD-14 to apply for the credit and I was wondering how the Veteran credit works. I know it will be months before getting the eligibility list through the mail, but the percentage score that was given when we finished the exam, do I just add ten points to that to calculate my score for the test? If I received an 89% is my new score 99% percent? If not, how does it work?

Just wasted your veteran points that you will never get back on a test that you only need a 70 to get called. Smh

Comment

Originally posted by NYCpoorest View Post
      Just wasted your veteran points that you will never get back on a test that you only need a 70 to get called. Smh
      Are you saying you can only use your veteran points once?

Comment

Originally posted by The hopeful View Post
        Reading the paper they gave me, it indicates that it can only be used once. Veteran Credit can also be used for promotional exams(I may be wrong). Since we are on the topic, what is wrong about using the credit on this exam? Wouldn't any type of extra points be a slight advantage?

Comment

Originally posted by venthago View Post
          Reading the paper they gave me, it indicates that it can only be used once. Veteran Credit can also be used for promotional exams(I may be wrong). Since we are on the topic, what is wrong about using the credit on this exam? Wouldn't any type of extra points be a slight advantage?
          so you cant use it on your NYPD and Corrections test for example? What I mean is you may only use the veteran credit for one exam and one exam only? Or can you use it for multiple exams?

Comment

you definitely can't use it for promotional exams once you used it for the regular test . Why waste it on the nypd test when they call everyone from the exam.

Comment

Originally posted by NYCpoorest View Post
              you definitely can't use it for promotional exams once you used it for the regular test . Why waste it on the nypd test when they call everyone from the exam.
              My question is can you use it for multiple exams and not just one. Say you take 5 exams that have the credit for it. Can you use it for every exam or just one out of the 5?

Comment

My question is can you use it for multiple exams and not just one. Say you take 5 exams that have the credit for it. Can you use it for every exam or just one out of the 5?
                You can only use it once. no multiple exams. Once you use it for an exam, you cant use it anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by venthago View Post
                  You can only use it once. no multiple exams. Once you use it for an exam, you cant use it anymore.
                  What a joke

Comment

Why? Just use it wisely.
                    Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2950 users online. 178 members and 2772 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X