Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• obtaining rap sheets, tickets, etc in NY

In New York (New York City) how does a person obtain his or her own:
    1) history of arrests and subsequent disposition (rap sheet, Criminal history record, etc);
    2) history of tickets issued by police (desk appearance ticket, etc);
    3) history of arrest warrants that were issued by the court;

I know that a request can be made to the FBI for rap sheet search, but I'm not sure if the FBI can give me information regarding #2 and #3 above.
    I'd like to get these done hopefully in one location (FBI, state supreme court, police precinct if possible .....)
    Thank You
    Last edited by penelhum212; 09-22-2014, 07:49 PM.

The major question is... Why?
    Captain Square Badge, reporting for duty!.

Comment

Originally posted by penelhum212 View Post
      In New York (New York City) how does a person obtain:
      1) history of arrests and subsequent disposition (rap sheet, Criminal history record, etc);

I know that a request can be made to the FBI for rap sheet search, but I'm not sure if the FBI can give me information regarding #2 and #3 above.
      I'd like to get these done hopefully in one location (FBI, state supreme court, police precinct if possible .....)
      Thank You
      If you have to request all of that, there may be an issue to where you might be applying. Just saying.

But if you really want this information, you'd probably have to go through the court where you were charged through.

Comment

Originally posted by NYCTNT View Post
        The major question is... Why?
        why not?

Originally posted by Taxevader View Post
        If you have to request all of that, there may be an issue to where you might be applying. Just saying.

But if you really want this information, you'd probably have to go through the court where you were charged through.
        thanks!

Comment

Because it is sensitive data. If it's not you that was ticketed, arrested, etc. you won't get the full results.

Not even from a private investigator.

So... That's why.

Your asking for an awful lot of negative stuff.

Comment

first post edited.
            im looking for my own records, i know i can't request someone's history other than my own

Comment

Go to the court of issuance or arrest for any paperwork.

Comment

Start with a DCJS fingerprint background check. That will give you a record of al arrests for which you were fringerprinted. You can get a name check done at any courthouse which can add any non-print cases. Arrest warrants will be included in the case files in the court. An exception is any arrest warrant that has yet to be executed, they are secret.

Comment

Originally posted by Taxevader View Post

OP did you see this post? I hope you aren't looking for this for a BI. If you are, well I doubt you will make it very far with a history of arrests, tickets and warrants

Comment

Originally posted by penelhum212 View Post
                    in new york (new york city) how does a person obtain his or her own:
                    1) history of arrests and subsequent disposition (rap sheet, criminal history record, etc);

i know that a request can be made to the fbi for rap sheet search, but i'm not sure if the fbi can give me information regarding #2 and #3 above.
                    I'd like to get these done hopefully in one location (fbi, state supreme court, police precinct if possible .....)
                    thank you
                    lol. Wow. Hopefully your investigator catches anything on your record because I can't think of one good reason a person would want to know what his rap sheet and warrant history looks like.
                    Last edited by BoundByCourage; 09-23-2014, 04:48 AM.

Comment

Warrant history means warrants were issued for your arrest.....this implies great character deficiencies which do not bode well for any form of employment.

Comment

If you don't remember any of that, theres a problem.

Comment

Alot of assumptions. I simply want the answer to my question, which looks like it has been answered.

i read "The Applicant’s Guide to Getting Hired" sticky, and the sticky says:

LIST EVERYTHING! Go to your local DMV and request a copy of your driving record. Check with your local law enforcement agencies (city, county, and state) and request copies of anything with your name in it.
                          That's what I'm trying to do, I'm just asking how to do it.

i simply want to know if my name is attached to anything in all the counties i have lived in. And even if i do have issues there, i still need the exact dates.

I don't want to be surprised about anything minor or major. If i had not read the sticky I probably would not be here asking these questions. I am doing this with my credit reports as well. This shouldn't imply i have judgments on my credit report or that i have bad credit, i simply want to be aware of what is attached to my name.

I'm also going to obtain all my college transcripts, high school transcripts, and then create a "master file". Lastly, i need to contact all the organizations that i have volunteered for, and all my previous employers and get all the relevant dates for my "master file".

I know LEO agencies hate surprises, so do i.

Thanks guys

Comment

For arrest or court documents go to the court you were summoned to, for college transcripts go to your college, for your high school transcript go to your high school. All I can say is that warrants are a sign of negative character in the NYPD's eyes so be prepared to do a lot of explaining as they will pin you hard with questions relating to these arrests, warrants, and court dates. As long as the arrest/s didn't occur in the last few years or so and weren't felonies, you still have a chance. Best of luck to you bro.
                            NYPD
                            Exam 4323 2/14
                            List # 5xx 7/14
                            APD-5- 2/16
                            Initial Medical- 7/16 (Passed)
                            Written Psych- 7/16 (Passed)
                            JST-8/16 (Passed)
                            Oral Psych-8/16 (Passed)
                            BI Interview-
                            Mini Med-

NYS Court Officer Trainee Exam- 12/13/14

NYS Correction Officer Trainee Exam- 1/11/15

John 15:7
                            APO for the NYPD Transit Bureau.

Comment

The few of you that chimed in with the whole "If you need to know all that info, your chances are zero" stance...apparently, have not applied for Multiple LE agencies before. What's clear and visible to one agency, may not surface with another...Only the agencies themselves and the background investigators know what they are looking for info wise. People tend to mostly remember the major or most impacting events of their lives. If you don't recall or remember certain parts of your past...you will appear to be omitting information. And, lets not forget about the tricky questions that investigators or that these packets you receive gives you.

Example: The packet asked about arrest & convictions, followed by "police interaction"...answered NO to Police Interaction assuming it was referring to something negative besides arrest & convictions. In another part of the paperwork, it asked about being a victim of a crime...i said YES and fill in the statement about the incident of my car being vandalized. Well, B.I...grilled me for being contradicting cuz the vandalizing incident was Police Interaction. The question never states any specifics about being positive or negative interaction, just any interaction period. He was like if I call 911 one cuz my neighbor was playing music too loud, that constitutes Police Interaction. In another investigation, they asked us to list all arrest. Then when we were called into meet our investigators, they announced if you received a summons before in your life....that EQUALS and arrest. All twenty something of us had to go back over our paperwork, and fill in the appropriate information.*smh*

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4883 users online. 294 members and 4589 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X