Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nypd

Serious question:

Everyone writes that they are very excited to begin the process. Very excited to go into the academy. Very excited to get on the force.

But does anyone actually realize the risk you're taking? I'm not saying I'm a chicken of a person or anything like that, but clearly people must see that their lives will be at risk every day in this job? I hope they do because this is no easy task. This is not like getting a job guarding a booth at night. You will be tested big time and at any moment your life could end. People don't comprehend the meaning of that I think.

Originally posted by officerhopeful99 View Post
    Serious question:

Everyone writes that they are very excited to begin the process. Very excited to go into the academy. Very excited to get on the force.

But does anyone actually realize the risk you're taking? I'm not saying I'm a chicken of a person or anything like that, but clearly people must see that their lives will be at risk every day in this job? I hope they do because this is no easy task. This is not like getting a job guarding a booth at night. You will be tested big time and at any moment your life could end. People don't comprehend the meaning of that I think.
    I see what you're saying but at any moment your life could end whether you're a law enforcement officer or not. Good day kind sir.

Comment

So is being a fire fighter, construction worker, commercial drivers, commercial divers, commercial pilots, hookers and so on.

Comment

The job is not for everyone.
        You will be making many contacts, confrontations and interactions daily, especially out there in impact.
        10-09 0308 XXX
        Time Flies Quick
        On This Job

Comment

Last edited by Canem; 02-01-2016, 12:57 PM.

Comment

Its my dream to b nypd...u can go any where and.be a cop but to join the nypd u have to be the best of the best...no im not a super hero but there are scum bags ob the streeat thet need to b in jail rapist killers they belong behind bars and hopefully I get on and never have to evwn pull my firearm out but if I do then yes ill take a bullet for the same people that hate the nypd to make sure they make it home.
            Nypd exam 2344 list number 2xx
            Ny finest black n blue brothers

Comment

Originally posted by officerhopeful99 View Post
              Serious question:

people start realizing when theyre in the academy or fresh out and someone gets seriously injured or killed

but try not to shake yourself out

Comment

A handful always resign a few months out of the academy. Happens every class cycle.
                Captain Square Badge, reporting for duty!.

Comment

Dizzy,

Stop believing TV and comic books...
                  Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

One of my coworkers got spat in the eye today. Dizzy, do you want to take that for the same people that hate Nypd to make sure they make it home? Be realistic.
                    Keep in mind, more stupid things like this happens. I can go on and on.
                    10-09 0308 XXX
                    Time Flies Quick
                    On This Job

Comment

Some resign the first day or week of the academy.

Comment

Its not tv or comics..if u no willing to b cursed out or spit at then hang up ya vest and pass ya shield on....I have many if family and friends on tthe job I never hear the good side of the job so dont point that out to me... of course I dont know 1st hand.... but to answer ya ? If someone spit on me yes I would still take a bullet for them 5mins later and if u not willing to serve and protect u pay check riders will get found out im sure of it.

Comment

Dizzy,

I had many good moments in the streets and some very bad moments. Not all of it is bad and not all of it is very good.

Unfortunently though, the administration sorta makes many active cops into check riders. You'll see.

Personally, I think the job and my overall career is excellent and I still love coming into work everyday.
                          Captain Square Badge, reporting for duty!.

Comment

Hopefully I get on and I feel the same way hopefully all goes well with this investigator review smh and they move me forward

Comment

Well Dizzy,

When get to handle criminal investigations on your own during FTO, write reports, make arrests, request warrants, serve warrants, create, plan, and implement a POP Project, do DUI investigations, all while on FTO, then get released from training and continue to do all that SOLO, then you can spout off about how you are the bees knees...

So be careful what you say about other Agencies.
                              Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5732 users online. 326 members and 5406 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X