300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 9/11 2014 and Why I remember

I don’t just want just to remember that 9/11 happened. I don’t want it to become history. I want to remember how it felt, what it meant. Remember the Men and Women who gave up their lives in service to strangers and the first responders who have lost their battles with 9/11 related illness. Many things have changed though, and as I walk in the shadow of the new freedom tower I can't help but stand a little taller, wear the uniform a little prouder, stretch the black band around my shield another fateful time and honor them. Too many people forget. Too many people don't want to remember. A whole generation growing up with no clue. Yet there are many that live with it everyday, including many guys in my locker room who are always coughing. We lost a guy this past year...Cancer. Another the year before. Two diagnosed recently. Why do we do what we do? Why put on the uniform and deal with the BS that is NYC? A smarter man than me said "It's who we are." Let the Best of who you are shine through today to echo and honor those we've lost, and those we continue to loose every year. Let Faith, Hope and Charity guide a heavy heart of remembrance and Peace to all those who read this and all who remember. Stay Safe out there - Deacon
    Last edited by unblindeacon; 09-11-2014, 09:05 AM.
    http://i46.tinypic.com/152i8tt.jpg
    NEVER FORGETTING OUR HERO'S

9/11 inside job . Hurr durr what happen to WTC 7?. We have been Lied to too. i'm not a conspiracy nut job. But it does seem a bit weird, we go into Afghanistan then iraq right after????. i mean you have to be insane not too see. that. And the people i feel the most bad for , are the ones that got killed that day, and the cops/firefighters that tried to save lives that day. RIP. We all been lied too. need to hold Bush Adminstration on Trial
    NYPD Exam #3310: September, 2012
    List: 5XXX: May 2013
    APD 5 - 11/14/14
    Medical - 1/12/15 (Passed )
    Written Psych - 3/3/15 (Completed)
    Oral Psych - 2/4/15
    BI Interview - 5/6/15
    New York State Trooper Exam: October 26, 2013
    Score: 95+
    February 13, 2014 Rank: 1xxxx

CFA (Chartered Financial Analyst Exam): Dec 2014
    Status - Currently Going for Round 2?

Comment

What do you mean what happened to WTC 7?

Comment

Originally posted by BNWS View Post
        What do you mean what happened to WTC 7?
        Apparently wtc 7 was said to have been destroyed by a fire but according to history fire has never made a steel skyscraper go down. Also it took until May the next year for the investigators to conclude their findings...

Comment

What do the conspiracy theorist think happened?

Comment

What do the conspiracy theorist think happened?
            They think it was gov coverup by Bush and his people since it took so long and investigators were supposedly kept away from the site not allowing them to immediately do their jobs

Comment

Originally posted by The hopeful View Post
              They think it was gov coverup by Bush and his people since it took so long and investigators were supposedly kept away from the site not allowing them to immediately do their jobs
              Cover up? The whole world saw the planes hit the buildings. I'm not sure I get what was covered up?

Comment

Originally posted by Jack_rubix View Post
                9/11 inside job . Hurr durr what happen to WTC 7?. We have been Lied to too. i'm not a conspiracy nut job. But it does seem a bit weird, we go into Afghanistan then iraq right after????. i mean you have to be insane not too see. that. And the people i feel the most bad for , are the ones that got killed that day, and the cops/firefighters that tried to save lives that day. RIP. We all been lied too. need to hold Bush Adminstration on Trial
                Are you saying our government orchestrated this?

Comment

You passed the psych exam yet?
                  Captain Square Badge, reporting for duty!.

Comment

Cover up? The whole world saw the planes hit the buildings. I'm not sure I get what was covered up?
                    Hold on now kind sir Im not a conspiracy theorist just given you what they said.

Comment

Originally posted by The hopeful View Post
                      Hold on now kind sir Im not a conspiracy theorist just given you what they said.
                      Sorry I was asking Jack Rubix.

Comment

Hey guys you have 364 other days to talk conspiracy and believe what ever you want. Today isn't that day. Today is to remember the victims and the men and women from all different agencies that lost their life in service to others. Today is to remember all those who have died from 9/11 illness and those that continue to get sick and die. Every week another 10-13 or another funeral. This is about remembering and honoring them...keeping their memory alive. This is about trying to heal the wounds and stretch out hands out to other MOS and families who are hurting. Yes, there are many still hurting. Today is for my friends on my job and the countless cops I meet whose voices tremble and shake with emotion when they tell their story. Not about Politics. Not about conspiracy. Take that **** to another thread on another day. I wish many of you could take the energy you pour into 9/11 theories and instead put it into: FEALGOOD FOUNDATION, STEVEN SILLER TUNNEL TO TOWERS, SEMPER FI FUND.
                        Last edited by unblindeacon; 09-11-2014, 06:22 PM.
                        http://i46.tinypic.com/152i8tt.jpg
                        NEVER FORGETTING OUR HERO'S

Comment

Originally posted by unblindeacon View Post
                          Hey guys you have 364 other days to talk conspiracy and believe what ever you want. Today isn't that day. Today is to remember the victims and the men and women from all different agencies that lost their life in service to others. Today is to remember all those who have died from 9/11 illness and those that continue to get sick and die. Every week another 10-13 or another funeral. This is about remembering and honoring them...keeping their memory alive. This is about trying to heal the wounds and stretch out hands out to other MOS and families who are hurting. Yes, there are many still hurting. Today is for my friends on my job and the countless cops I meet whose voices tremble and shake with emotion when they tell their story. Not about Politics. Not about conspiracy. Take that **** to another thread on another day. I wish many of you could take the energy you pour into 9/11 theories and instead put it into: FEALGOOD FOUNDATION, STEVEN SILLER TUNNEL TO TOWERS, SEMPER FI FUND.
                          Agreed.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5260 users online. 326 members and 4934 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X