Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Municipal Police Officer Training Council vs. the NYC Special Patrolman cert.

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CountyCorrectionOfficer View Post
    Police powers are defined in the NYS Criminal Procedure Law; NOT the Penal Law. See post # 26.
    Thanks county correction

Comment

Originally posted by wo 150 View Post
      Correction County, SSA is a NYS title and represented by NYSCOPBA They are not Special Patrolman. But TNT statement is absolutely correct
      The NYS title of Grade 8 Security Officer (Grade 11 Senior Security Officers) has some locations whereby their officers appointed to various state agencies in NYC must be qualified to be appointed to "special patrolman" status while performing their duties. I have seen that right on the NYS exam notice for that position. Yet those appointed to this title in the greater Albany area who are assigned to the DOH, SUNY HQ Administration, State Education Dept, and Workers Compensation don't have any other LEO authority. I would think security titles responsible for security at the DOH operated labs in and around Albany would at the very least have peace officer status like that of Safety & Security Officers, after all on the SSO exam it says agencies which hire from this exam are OMH, OPWDD, and even DOH is listed. I bet the DMV or Workers Comp locations in NYC can get hostile at times thereby can see where the "special patrolman" status is surely needed.

http://www.cs.ny.gov/announarchive/a...nts/25-834.cfm
      Last edited by Nightsquad; 10-29-2015, 04:19 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nightsquad View Post
        The NYS title of Grade 8 Security Officer (Grade 11 Senior Security Officers) has some locations whereby their officers appointed to various state agencies in NYC must be qualified to be appointed to "special patrolman" status while performing their duties. I have seen that right on the NYS exam notice for that position. Yet those appointed to this title in the greater Albany area who are assigned to the DOH, SUNY HQ Administration, State Education Dept, and Workers Compensation don't have any other LEO authority. I would think security titles responsible for security at the DOH operated labs in and around Albany would at the very least have peace officer status like that of Safety & Security Officers, after all on the SSO exam it says agencies which hire from this exam are OMH, OPWDD, and even DOH is listed. I bet the DMV or Workers Comp locations in NYC can get hostile at times thereby can see where the "special patrolman" status is surely needed.

http://www.cs.ny.gov/announarchive/a...nts/25-834.cfm

Workers Comp hearing offices up this way uses unarmed private security.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4115 users online. 235 members and 3880 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X