300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For the NYOD guys

Dear ladies and gentleman of the nypd. Coming from a fellow Leo,let me be the first to say I'm sorry. I'm sorry that it seems the only time you guys make the news is when "did something wrong". I think it's complete bs that no one sees the ALL the good you do but want heads to roll when something negative happens,even though they KNOW NOTHING of the story. No one cares that people are actively resisting, fighting,or putting someone's life in danger. Sorry you have a mayor that so far seems to not have the police departments back in whatever they do.

I'm know I'm just an outsider looking in on your department,but I'm looking at it from our law enforcement background. So from me to all you gals and guys,keep your head up,don't let the ignorant public keep you down,and you have tons of other Leos that support you.

Sorry,I ment NYPD guys for the thread title

Comment

Originally posted by Jmartinez View Post
      Dear ladies and gentleman of the nypd. Coming from a fellow Leo,let me be the first to say I'm sorry. I'm sorry that it seems the only time you guys make the news is when "did something wrong". I think it's complete bs that no one sees the ALL the good you do but want heads to roll when something negative happens,even though they KNOW NOTHING of the story. No one cares that people are actively resisting, fighting,or putting someone's life in danger. Sorry you have a mayor that so far seems to not have the police departments back in whatever they do.

I'm know I'm just an outsider looking in on your department,but I'm looking at it from our law enforcement background. So from me to all you gals and guys,keep your head up,don't let the ignorant public keep you down,and you have tons of other Leos that support you.
      I'm on vacation in the mother land at the moment and haven't posted a damn thing, but I felt compelled to over your post.

Many thanks. It seems that we've been getting nationwide support if FB is any indication. It's rough out there, from what I'm told. More than ever before. A completely new level that even cops who were on the street in the post-Sean Bell shooting era say is even worse. Everyone wants to make a scene for the camera and the perps know that cops themselves are handcuffed. It will be a whole new level of rioting when either no criminal charges are filed or our boys get acquitted.

While I haven't been on patrol for a little while, I always missed it and was always told that if go back, I'd regret it. Now, it does seem that ever going back would be a career gamble, given the current climate. Not to mention, giving Fat Al a literal seat at the Mayor's table is empowering his ignorant sheeple. Bratton can only do so much, as he is and will always be at the mercy of the Mayor. I always maintained that city hall sets the tone. Now, while Bloomberg was god awful with contracts, he never once second guessed us concerning any controversial enforcement action and was the first to publicly support us.

I used to love this city, and while I still love my job and have been very lucky with my career-trajectory thus far, there's a reason many cops run for the hills at first sight of their pension. The more time I spend OTJ, the more I see the reasoning behind it. I was hoping these feelings would subside as I got older and had more experience OTJ, but it's been the exact opposite. It's not easy being on the street in NYC, and I caution the new guys to very careful out there. It's only getting worse and the unraveling of the good AND bad from the previous 12 years is coming to a head. Unfortunately, politics always reigns supreme. As does the court of public [uneducated] opinion. I've said it since I had barely a few months on the job and first wrote my IMPACT tips (which I wish I could say is no longer relevant, but perhaps is now more relevant than ever, unfortunately)...it is very much "us vs. them" out there. Watch your six guys...literally and figuratively.

Thanks for the support.

_DF
      sigpic

"I pity guys like you, I truly do. Everything you own and have you can thank the job for and still you despise it. I don't understand how any man can choose a career, hate it from the beginning, not have the balls to leave, and then complain about it once he's retired."

-Thee Rant (surprisingly)

Originally posted by NYCTNT
      DF,

Why do you bother?

Comment

Originally posted by DigitalFrenchie View Post
        I'm on vacation in the mother land at the moment and haven't posted a damn thing, but I felt compelled to over your post.

Many thanks. It seems that we've been getting nationwide support if FB is any indication. It's rough out there, from what I'm told. More than ever before. A completely new level that even cops who were on the street in the post-Sean Bell shooting era say is even worse. Everyone wants to make a scene for the camera and the perps know that cops themselves are handcuffed. It will be a whole new level of rioting when either no criminal charges are filed or our boys get acquitted.

While I haven't been on patrol for a little while, I always missed it and was always told that if go back, I'd regret it. Now, it does seem that ever going back would be a career gamble, given the current climate. Not to mention, giving Fat Al a literal seat at the Mayor's table is empowering his ignorant sheeple. Bratton can only do so much, as he is and will always be at the mercy of the Mayor. I always maintained that city hall sets the tone. Now, while Bloomberg was god awful with contracts, he never once second guessed us concerning any controversial enforcement action and was the first to publicly support us.

I used to love this city, and while I still love my job and have been very lucky with my career-trajectory thus far, there's a reason many cops run for the hills at first sight of their pension. The more time I spend OTJ, the more I see the reasoning behind it. I was hoping these feelings would subside as I got older and had more experience OTJ, but it's been the exact opposite. It's not easy being on the street in NYC, and I caution the new guys to very careful out there. It's only getting worse and the unraveling of the good AND bad from the previous 12 years is coming to a head. Unfortunately, politics always reigns supreme. As does the court of public [uneducated] opinion. I've said it since I had barely a few months on the job and first wrote my IMPACT tips (which I wish I could say is no longer relevant, but perhaps is now more relevant than ever, unfortunately)...it is very much "us vs. them" out there. Watch your six guys...literally and figuratively.

Thanks for the support.

_DF
        I got to sit down with our friend Al twice since he knew my uncle and I worked at Rock Center. The first time I met him it was on bad terms my uncle passing away then the second time I met him he allowed me a few minutes in his tight "schedule". What can I say dude is a total tool. All this talk of the public trusting police is complete bull****. Instead of really hitting the streets and encouraging others to do right he goes a channel that probably no one from those neighborhoods really watch. Instead of saying just go through the process and you'll get your just desserts later if done wrong.These same areas where people claim they're being done wrong are the same areas where a lot of crime happen and no one says anything. Instead of him really hitting the streets that he cares so much about he doesnt. I never seen or even heard Al Sharpton was in my neighborhood growing up but maybe that could of been because I wasnt really interested in him even though I knew who he was. I would never follow his leadership anyway. People such as Eric Garner ( Rest In Peace ) who act all innocent (even though hes not exactly who I'm talking about) are just the reason these officers act the way they do. If you have a problem just go through the ropes get shields, commands, cars if they stopped you while in one ranks dates and times. If done wrong you wouldnt possibly know all that information if you wasnt an officer right? You have to play the system the right way or lose not doing so. All that he preaches about going to school and finding jobs and blah blah blah he doesnt really help in doing so or at least I havent seen. He's more worried about the police in the crime neighborhoods abusing these not so innocent individuals who are sometimes the reason the neighborhood is considered bad. If people got rid of the bad then there would be no worries. Instead they ignore it it continues on and then the innocent get caught in the crossfire.

Comment

These are some dark times in policing. Please pray for us.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4646 users online. 251 members and 4395 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X