Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NYS Basic Course for Police Officers/Upstate Academy Question

Hello everyone,
    I am currently a Fed LEO processing with county/city police departments in upstate NY. Not sure if it is set up similar to to the academies I have gone through. I have a couple questions about the Upstate NY Police Academies (Basic Course for Police Officers)

What are the grading standards? What is the minimum score you need to pass the each written exam?

I'm assuming practical exercises are graded on a pass/fail basis.

Out of everything that is graded, what is included in your cumulative GPA?

What is the minimum score you need to pass?

Anyone that has gone through the Monroe County/Rochester academy, or Livingston county academy?

I am not trying to sound lazy, dumb, or chud who is going to half-*** the academy and job by any means. I've been through more than one LE academy so far, each with different grading standards and minimum scores. Just trying to get an overall idea. Thank you.

Originally posted by 4GodnCntry View Post
    Hello everyone,
    I am currently a Fed LEO processing with county/city police departments in upstate NY. Not sure if it is set up similar to to the academies I have gone through. I have a couple questions about the Upstate NY Police Academies (Basic Course for Police Officers)

What are the grading standards? What is the minimum score you need to pass the each written exam?

I'm assuming practical exercises are graded on a pass/fail basis.

Out of everything that is graded, what is included in your cumulative GPA?

What is the minimum score you need to pass?

Anyone that has gone through the Monroe County/Rochester academy, or Livingston county academy?

I am not trying to sound lazy, dumb, or chud who is going to half-*** the academy and job by any means. I've been through more than one LE academy so far, each with different grading standards and minimum scores. Just trying to get an overall idea. Thank you.
    As i mentioned on the other thread for erie county. Depending on what class section you are in for the week they tell you what is the passing score for the exam and the date of the exam for that section. This is at least for what i know from Eries academy but i cannot be 100% certain for the other counties but i do not think they would differ to much.

Comment

Originally posted by jakejan View Post
      As i mentioned on the other thread for erie county. Depending on what class section you are in for the week they tell you what is the passing score for the exam and the date of the exam for that section. This is at least for what i know from Eries academy but i cannot be 100% certain for the other counties but i do not think they would differ to much.
      thank you! still looking for some other answers/opinions from guys that took it elsewhere

anyone else take an upstate NY police academy?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4607 users online. 254 members and 4353 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X