300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Middletown police

Just looking for some information on the middletown police dept. Salary scale, tours, etc. thanks in advance

I heard they have a pretty good salary, however I heard they are only looking to hire about 7-10 Police Officers which kind of made me not want to not take the exam lol. Best of luck to you if you do decide to take the exam.
    NYPD
    Exam 4323 2/14
    List # 5xx 7/14
    APD-5- 2/16
    Initial Medical- 7/16 (Passed)
    Written Psych- 7/16 (Passed)
    JST-8/16 (Passed)
    Oral Psych-8/16 (Passed)
    BI Interview-
    Mini Med-

NYS Court Officer Trainee Exam- 12/13/14

NYS Correction Officer Trainee Exam- 1/11/15

John 15:7
    APO for the NYPD Transit Bureau.

Comment

Do they have a residency requirement? Or rather a "preference" , aka they realistically won't hire any outsiders?

Comment

There is a thread on this already not much but it does answer that question i believe....http://forums.officer.com/t138579/

Comment

I took the test this past Saturday. I talked to an officer who works for city of Middletown. They said that a lot of local agencies will be working off the list, so hopefully we'll have a good shot at anything. Sure, Middletown will charge and test 300-400 people and hire 10 guys but I hope the local agencies get hiring too!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by avou8813 View Post
            I took the test this past Saturday. I talked to an officer who works for city of Middletown. They said that a lot of local agencies will be working off the list, so hopefully we'll have a good shot at anything. Sure, Middletown will charge and test 300-400 people and hire 10 guys but I hope the local agencies get hiring too!!!!
            Sorry but that information is incorrect. All the Cities in Orange County IE Middletown, Newburgh and Port Jervis hold separate exams.

All other local agencies and departments are hired off the Orange County Police Officer / Deputy Sheriff exam which was given last year.

For the Middletown exam held last Saturday you could have cross-filed for Newburgh, Kingston and Dutchess County as they are local to the area.

However the towns and villages of Orange County do not utilize the Middletown exam list.

I did however hear the same information in regards to hiring approx. 7-10 Officers off this exam due to many retirements that haven't been replaced.

Hope this helps.

Comment

I heard that local agencies were using this list but if you say no then maybe not. Thank you for the correction. I heard that Orange County holds a test every summer too. Is that true? Do you know when the next one may be?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by avou8813 View Post
                I heard that local agencies were using this list but if you say no then maybe not. Thank you for the correction. I heard that Orange County holds a test every summer too. Is that true? Do you know when the next one may be?

Thanks
                The Orange County exam was held November of 2013. From what I know the list can be used for up to 4 years. The last exam in 2009 was used for 4 years, exams before that have been known to be used for 2 years or so, it really all depends on how far they get on the list, how many vacancies there are within the county and of course anyone who says money isn't a factor is lying, the county makes a pretty penny collecting your exam fees each time they hold one of these things.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5725 users online. 326 members and 5399 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X