300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upstate Past, Present and Future!

Where are all the upstaters at? I know theres some out there. Most of the threads/replies are for downstate or talking about positions downstate.

I prefer upstate for many reasons and have no plans to apply for positions in that area.

How about the upcoming NYS Corrections exam on Jan 2015? Any Upstaters taking that?

Any upstate NYS Court Officers here? What about Safety and Security Officers? Current State Corrections Officers?

I am. Albany county resident. But have family up in Essex co. Beautiful area up there. Family talk about moving up if the opportunity presents itself

Comment

Lived for a year up by Albany after I left the city. No longer there but I think about moving back sometimes. I miss it at times.

I barely see any threads for upstate. Most recent was for Troy pd.

Comment

Depends where you think "upstate" starts.

Comment

Anything north of Central Park
          RETIRED 9-16-10

Comment

Albany is three hours drive to the CanadIan border. I don't think that's even upstate. But cross the Thaddeus Kosciusko Bridge and I'd say you are upstate

Comment

Anything North of NYC.

Comment

Upstate = anything North of NYC or even further North; anything North of Newburgh!

Agreed that most of the NY threads seem to be about downstate, specifically NYPD. Nothing against those, but it would be nice if everyone with a question/comment about NYPD could be in a single, dedicated NYPD thread instead of a dozen threads all related to NYPD. For example, NYSP has it's own thread and forum users post questions/comments in that thread. There are not multiple threads about the same agency. Just a thought.
                Last edited by NYSP61; 10-15-2014, 08:26 PM.

Comment

Ya, the 100 different exam numbers are kind of excessive.

Comment

Hey there I'm from the buffalo area and took my corrections exam a few years back and in Nov of 2014 I got a letter for the physical and interview with the investigator and took my psychological test and meet with the psychologist in January I got a letter from the physical saying I passed mow just waiting to hear about what's next if anyone has any info I would appreciate it

Comment

I live in Rensselaer country, across the river from albany.

Comment

Originally posted by NYSP61 View Post
                        Upstate = anything North of NYC or even further North; anything North of Newburgh!

Agreed that most of the NY threads seem to be about downstate, specifically NYPD. Nothing against those, but it would be nice if everyone with a question/comment about NYPD could be in a single, dedicated NYPD thread instead of a dozen threads all related to NYPD. For example, NYSP has it's own thread and forum users post questions/comments in that thread. There are not multiple threads about the same agency. Just a thought.
                        That's true.....the NY Officer.com is predominately about candidates seeking NYPD employment. Nothing really about the big five NY cities: Buffalo, Albany, Rochester, Syracuse or Yonkers. Or even about the larger Sheriff's Offices that employ mainly correction officers.

Comment

I live in the southern tier region. I have applications with county corrections in PA and Ny, also I took the civil service exams for court officer and local pd/deputy sheriff.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5866 users online. 345 members and 5521 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X