300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Monroe County Sheriffs - Jailor

I realize what this position entails however; my question is, do guys from the jail side get the chance to move to the road patrol side after some time served? Do they get the chance to move to patrol over people from the outside, or do jail guys have to take the civil service test for Road Patrol just like everyone else?

Also, do the Jailors and Road Deputies attend the same academy or are they different?

I've heard mixed things about all of this so I'm looking for someone who might have inside knowledge of how all of this works from someone OTJ with them.

I processed with MCSO road patrol a few years back. Jail and road are completely separate tests. You would have to take the test like everybody else. And as far as I know it's two different academies.

Comment

What Ando said. I'm only a couple counties away and we do the same thing. County police has one test, county corrections another. Same exact physical test, but different processes, academies and jobs.

Comment

Different jobs, different academies. Best advice is apply everywhere. Relevant experience is good and you can always try and get to the road later in your career.

Comment

I'm already OTJ in another state. Was hoping Jailors get the option to transfer to the road rather then battle with people off the street. But I appreciate the responses everyone.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4444 users online. 279 members and 4165 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X