Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NYPD Color Blind Test- Possible to Memorize before hand?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NYPD Color Blind Test- Possible to Memorize before hand?

Last edited by Jmazz88; 07-14-2014, 09:20 AM.

Originally posted by Jmazz88 View Post
    Okay so basically my question is this- the 24 plate Ishihara Color Blind Test seems pretty standard across all agencies that test for color deficiency. My brother is definitely color blind, and does not think he could pass this or the alternative Farnsworth one (I believe he took both online and failed). Is it possible for him to just memorize the numbers for the plates before the test? Obviously this is frowned upon, but I am just curious to know if it is possible. Do they generally go in the same order as the original test? I heard they only do 8 or 9 before concluding if you're color blind or not.

Thanks.
    No, your "brother" cannot cheat his way into the job. Differentiating colors can mean life or death on this job. Frowned upon is an understatement...it's illegal. Especially after all those forms "he" signed attesting to be honest.

Can't believe this is a serious question or that I'm even answering it. NYCTNT...let me have it.
    sigpic

"I pity guys like you, I truly do. Everything you own and have you can thank the job for and still you despise it. I don't understand how any man can choose a career, hate it from the beginning, not have the balls to leave, and then complain about it once he's retired."

-Thee Rant (surprisingly)

Originally posted by NYCTNT
    DF,

Why do you bother?

Comment

DF... Let me get a crack at this.

JM***, I been on the job for a little while and I worked out of the medical district. I would like to tell you that it is absolutely possible and people do it every day. As a matter of fact, the doctor will let people slide if you explain to him you are color blind and your wish was to be a cop. He has a soft spot and melts at heart breaking stories.

They only flip through two pages.

It's a piece of cake.

DF, please take notes. Thanks! Smooches!
      Last edited by NYCTNT; 07-11-2014, 04:13 PM.
      Captain Square Badge, reporting for duty!.

Comment

Originally posted by NYCTNT View Post
        DF... Let me get a crack at this.

JM***, I been on the job for a little while and I worked out of the medical district. I would like to tell you that it is absolutely possible and people do it every day. As a matter of fact, the doctor will let people slide if you explain to him you are color blind and your wish was to be a cop. He has a soft spot and melts at heart breaking stories.

They only flip through two pages.

It's a piece of cake.

DF, please take notes. Thanks! Smooches!
        Phew, in for the save! lmao.

sigpic

"I pity guys like you, I truly do. Everything you own and have you can thank the job for and still you despise it. I don't understand how any man can choose a career, hate it from the beginning, not have the balls to leave, and then complain about it once he's retired."

-Thee Rant (surprisingly)

Originally posted by NYCTNT
        DF,

Why do you bother?

Comment

Is headdesk the upgraded version of facepalm? I need to know, I don't want to do the wrong thing. My god.

Comment

Dont be a naysayer. Jeez. Let this guys "brother" get by. Haterzzzzzzz.
            Captain Square Badge, reporting for duty!.

Comment

Originally posted by NYCTNT View Post
              Dont be a naysayer. Jeez. Let this guys "brother" get by. Haterzzzzzzz.
              On a separate but somewhat related note, does the NYPD require its employees to disclose their medical conditions if they are hired?

If I am hired I don't want to be caught off guard by my partner's anal leakage getting in his way of him watching my back.

Jokes aside, I'm still curious if there's an answer.
              Last edited by GeneralZod; 07-15-2014, 11:46 AM. Reason: auto-correct

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5594 users online. 360 members and 5234 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X