300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Instructor Development Course

Anyone know where I can take a instructor development course?

Research/ Completed :
    PD academy has it but I won't have a chance to take it. It is mostly for the academy instructors. NYS Criminal Justice has classes next month and it is really expensive. Also time conflict with my work schedule. It is also some where upstate, so location is a conflict.

Any other suggestion would appreciated. I do not mind paying out of pocket.

Reach out to the Law Enforcement Training Directors Assoc of NYS

Either that or you could contact the NYS DCJS Training Coordinator. He was very helpful in tracking down training, and enrollment.
    sigpic

Comment

Your nypd?
      Captain Square Badge, reporting for duty!.

Comment

Remember if you are active and to take the course you must be active, you have to get your boss to sign off. Nypd does there own

Comment

Rockland County runs IDC once a year and as long as you are a sworn officer (or a civilian who is endorsed by the agency), you can take the course. Monroe County Police Academy also runs one. check out the NYS DCJS' website under training and you should be able to find listings. LETDANY's also has list of trainings available as well. BTW, if you have a degree in education or a Master's degree, you can get a waiver from DCJS and do not have to attend 2 week long IDC (instead you'll do 1 hour presentation in front of the evaluator). If you need any further assistant, feel free to PM me.

Comment

I have had people from outside agency instructors get certified through nypd as instructors, but this was some time ago.

Things are ran different now so I don't know how it is now.
            Captain Square Badge, reporting for duty!.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3880 users online. 254 members and 3626 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X