300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this a good idea?

Hello everyone. I recently took the exam and scored a 94, and i got my results in the mail (about 6-7 months later). I'm about to finish my last semester in Community College, and i have received a full scholarship to Binghamton University.
    I want to go away to advance my knowledge in computer science, but i also want to become a police officer. Should i go away, and just come back when i'm being processed? OR should I just stay at home?

Does anyone know approx how long i'm going to be waiting now to get a call? (I just received my list number.)

Thanks for the help!

Originally posted by Thelegacy11 View Post
    Hello everyone. I recently took the exam and scored a 94, and i got my results in the mail (about 6-7 months later). I'm about to finish my last semester in Community College, and i have received a full scholarship to Binghamton University.
    I want to go away to advance my knowledge in computer science, but i also want to become a police officer. Should i go away, and just come back when i'm being processed? OR should I just stay at home?

Does anyone know approx how long i'm going to be waiting now to get a call? (I just received my list number.)

Thanks for the help!
    for NYPD? The wait is a long one my friend, it would be a shame to sit home and not advance yourself in the meantime

Comment

Never ever sit and wait for a job,especially in law enforcement. Take all the test you can,forget about them all. You will hear something when you least expect it. You might even graduate college by the time they call. Good luck with everything

Comment

Originally posted by AZ_longisland View Post
        for NYPD? The wait is a long one my friend, it would be a shame to sit home and not advance yourself in the meantime
        True. Do you know the approx amount of time I would be waiting. I just received my list #

Comment

I would say you have another 2 years. But what do I know things always change. I would just advise you to broaden your horizons and NEVER put all your eggs in one basket.

True. Do you know the approx amount of time I would be waiting. I just received my list #

Comment

Go to school. If you fail the process or something gets screwed up, now you aren't a police officer, nor are you a graduate.

While I was waiting for the process, I was able to obtain my Masters Degree. Go to school, you'd be a fool not to.
            City of New York's Finest

Comment

I took the NYPD test in September 2012, scored very high and have yet to receive any paperwork from them. So yes it's a very long process

Comment

Same thing with me bro, I finished community college and now going to a 4 yr college however I am not leaving the city. Regardless, You might obtain your bachelors up there around the time you start the process so take advantage. Best of luck to you man!
                NYPD
                Exam 4323 2/14
                List # 5xx 7/14
                APD-5- 2/16
                Initial Medical- 7/16 (Passed)
                Written Psych- 7/16 (Passed)
                JST-8/16 (Passed)
                Oral Psych-8/16 (Passed)
                BI Interview-
                Mini Med-

NYS Court Officer Trainee Exam- 12/13/14

NYS Correction Officer Trainee Exam- 1/11/15

John 15:7
                APO for the NYPD Transit Bureau.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2950 users online. 160 members and 2790 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X