Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NYRA Peace Officer Job

https://careers-nyrainc.icims.com/jo...isn=Indeed.com

Apply if you want something in the field while you wait for something better come along.

Trying help as much as i can.
    Exam: 8329 List: 5$#

I worked there for a few years before I got on with the city so I can provide some information about the job.

NYRA treats its Peace Officers like Security Guards. No processing collars, no ASPs or spray(only select officers and bosses carry .38 revolvers and they carry on duty on a NYPD issued carry guard pistol permit), no issuing official NYS summonses(they have their own summonses they can only write to workers there and people living on the track, and their version of court is a panel), vehicles say Security on the sides, shields and IDs say Security, no respect from NYRA employees or the residents living at the track, and I could go on and on. Since it is a private agency, there is no civil service status, meaning it is easy to terminate individuals and I saw alot of people go over BS during my time there. The unions are garbage, and the pay, as shown on the site, is horrible for a P.O. position. Supervision wise, some bosses are great, some make you scratch your head as to how they got promoted.

Straight up, a entry level job but absolutely no career. Good to get your Peace Officer certification that you can take elsewhere.
    Agencies Currently and Previously Employed By:
    NYRA Peace Officer - 2010 - 2012 & 2016 - Present
    Sea Gate Police - 2012 - 2013
    NYPD Auxiliary Police - 2009 - 2014
    NYC Department of Homeless Services Police - 2012 - 2014
    U.S. Dept. of Justice, Bureau of Prisons - 2014 - 2015

Comment

they have 2 unions. Patrol just got a raise to $14 an hour. There detail is mainly in the building dealing with the angry patrons who lost the mortgage on a 3-5 shot.

S.S.W is in the middle of getting a contract done but NYRA is stalling on it starting pay $10.84. They deal with the horses and people living there on the backstretch

Comment

Yikes. It's worst than I thought.
        Captain Square Badge, reporting for duty!.

Comment

It is even worse then that. I went to interview for this job last year and they practically do everything to turn you away from the job. The starting pay is actually $10 an hour and goes up to $10.84 after a year, all for dealing with the filthy third world backstretch in hot weather and disgusting conditions. You can be put on any tour, including overnights at their whim, and you have to pay $150 when you get the job for a NYS Gaming License along with $550 union initiation to a useless union, all for a slaves wage.

What was funny to me was the day of the first interview they gave me and the few other people applying a written psych. Pretty unnecessary considering you don't carry anything. I got called back for an interview with their 'chief' and basically told them to pound sand once I found out how bad it was.

Anyone thinking of applying here would be better off working a security gig. It seemed pretty obvious when I went there that they treat their workers like horse... well, you know. If you really want a peace officer cert, become an auxiliary cop.
          Last edited by LINY; 06-27-2014, 08:31 PM.

Comment

Most of what you said is wrong i work there the pay sucks but there a lot of other thing that you can do and most of the boss carry

Comment

I applied for this job last year, went took their "peace officer" exam , passed . No follow up interview whatsoever. And I live right next to the place....whenI followed up , one of the managers said, she had to wait for her superiors, what ever that means....I have prior LEO experience in the Navy. From what I read in the above post maybe its good that I wasnt hired.??

Comment

Promin THAT JOB SUCKS! More than words can emphasize! I currently work there, It's HORRIBLE!

Comment

Originally posted by OC801 View Post
                  Promin THAT JOB SUCKS! More than words can emphasize! I currently work there, It's HORRIBLE!
                  ^He's right you know it sucks ***. although starting pay was bumped to 14 from 11 and 10

Comment

Nyra is now hiring for Peace Officer. A lot of things have changed with the agency since someone has posted about NYRA. First off, all sheilds at Aquaduct say “Peace Officer”and not security.Starting pay is now 18$ and change an hour with benefits after 90 days including medical dental and vision including pension options. Good for anyone looking to get into Law Enforcement. I met some very nice LEO’s at the track and it was an interesting experience.

Good Luck all.
                    Search the world's information, including webpages, images, videos and more. Google has many special features to help you find exactly what you're looking for.

Comment

Nyra is now hiring for Peace Officer. A lot of things have changed with the agency since someone has posted about NYRA. First off, all sheilds at Aquaduct say “Peace Officer”and not security.Starting pay is now 18$ and change an hour with benefits after 90 days including medical dental and vision including pension options. Good for anyone looking to get into Law Enforcement. I met some very nice LEO’s at the track and it was an interesting experience.

Good Luck all.

Comment

https://careers-nyrainc.icims.com/jo...un1offset=-240

Comment

Pay is at the 18$ mark after all differential and hazard pays included.

Comment

• Tomar111292
                            Tomar111292 commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Hazard pays lmao who you fooling?

Nyra has some guys that are law enforcement and guys that don’t want to be law enforcement I have work there for 5 years now there a group of us that are cops and a group not if you get on this job you need to know your police not security
                          Last edited by Promin730 nyra; 01-19-2019, 09:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Promin730 nyra View Post
                            Nyra has some guys that are law enforcement and guys that don’t want to be law enforcement I have work there for 5 years now there a group of us that are cops and a group not if you get on this job you need to know your police not security and know police officers is a title and in the cpl and a power of a police officer is a peace officer so you are police
                            Could you maybe, just a thought, apply some grammatical rules and redo your post? It makes no sense and is just a run on sentence.
                            I hope that’s not your standard for report writing. If so, you “cops” need some training...
                            Now go home and get your shine box!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 10552 users online. 342 members and 10210 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X