Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about a form given to me by the nypd psychologist

Hello,

Just had my oral psych on June 12 and have a few questions.

At the age of 5 I was referred by my school at the time to speak to a counselor for being talkative. The psychologist asked to see paperwork regarding that, Since this happened over 20 years ago she asked for the following forms.
    1. Letter from school stating they have no records of this
    2. Notarized letter from my mother and me stating a few things

One form she gave me was called AUTHORIZATION FOR RELEASE OF HEALTH INFORMATION PURSUANT TO HIPAA and she told me to give this to the school. Know I went to the school today and noone has any clue with what to do with that form.

My question for you guys is do any of you know what this form is excately and who am I suppose to give this too? I have a deadline to get the paperwork back so any help would be great.
    NYPD
    Exam: 2311 09/2011
    Passed: 1XX.XX
    List#: 4X
    APD-5: 09/2013
    Medical: 01/24/2014
    Psych Exam: TBD
    Oral Psych: TBD
    Meet BI: TBD
    JST:TBD
    Mini-Medical: TBD

Originally posted by John11226 View Post
    Hello,

At the age of 5 I was referred by my school at the time to speak to a counselor for being talkative. The psychologist asked to see paperwork regarding that, Since this happened over 20 years ago she asked for the following forms.

One form she gave me was called AUTHORIZATION FOR RELEASE OF HEALTH INFORMATION PURSUANT TO HIPAA and she told me to give this to the school. Know I went to the school today and noone has any clue with what to do with that form.

My question for you guys is do any of you know what this form is excately and who am I suppose to give this too? I have a deadline to get the paperwork back so any help would be great.
    over 20 years ago what the hell?
    I'm surprised they are concerned about THAT far back when you were 5.

Where did you go exactly? I'm sure the nurse in that school (elementary/kindergarten???) would know what to do with it.

I'm guessing its a form to release your medical info, who knows if they even have it saved today.
    Last edited by New-York-Cityian; 06-13-2014, 08:12 PM.
    NYPD Exam 4324
    List number 1**

Comment

Originally posted by New-York-Cityian View Post
      over 20 years ago what the hell?
      I'm surprised they are concerned about THAT far back when you were 5.
      Where did you go exactly? I'm sure the nurse in that school (elementary?) would know what to do with it. I'm guessing its a form to release your medical info, who knows if they even have it saved today.
      Same thing I said its over 20 years ago but what can I do. I showed it to the nurse and every employee at the school, Noone has an idea what to do with it.
      NYPD

Comment

Hello,

What's going on bud?
        The form you are talking about is a HIPAA release form, you need to fill it out and give it to them. Who over there gets it, that no one here can help you. Usually it would go to either the Special Education coordinator, or some kind of social worker etc. That form is given to you to you because by law those records are not allowed to be sent to anyone without your written consent.

1. The letter from the school must state that Candidate Blondey Nielson attend Peter Pan Elementary from 2000-2004. Due to this, we have unattainable psychological records for said candidates, due to the statuette of limitations.

A. They want to know for 100% that they are DESTROYED and that there are no OTHER records.

B. The letter from your Mother must be a VERY detailed description as to why you went there, how long, how often, and when you stopped seeking those services. You notarized it as well as your Mother.

Your deadline: You usually have 2 weeks to get everything in to them. I hope you took your Psychologist's business card 100% stay in contact with them. If by some weird chance you can't get all the documentation they want in by 2 weeks you'll go on 'discontinued' status. Discontinued status means that your case becomes closed until they received all the necessary paperwork, then they will re-open your case. You may be called back for a 2nd interview, passed once they get the papers or DQ'd.

Hope it helped Good luck! Any questions PM me

Comment

Originally posted by PoliceSeeker View Post
          What's going on bud?
          The form you are talking about is a HIPAA release form, you need to fill it out and give it to them. Who over there gets it, that no one here can help you. Usually it would go to either the Special Education coordinator, or some kind of social worker etc. That form is given to you to you because by law those records are not allowed to be sent to anyone without your written consent.

1. The letter from the school must state that Candidate Blondey Nielson attend Peter Pan Elementary from 2000-2004. Due to this, we have unattainable psychological records for said candidates, due to the statuette of limitations.

A. They want to know for 100% that they are DESTROYED and that there are no OTHER records.

B. The letter from your Mother must be a VERY detailed description as to why you went there, how long, how often, and when you stopped seeking those services. You notarized it as well as your Mother.

Your deadline: You usually have 2 weeks to get everything in to them. I hope you took your Psychologist's business card 100% stay in contact with them. If by some weird chance you can't get all the documentation they want in by 2 weeks you'll go on 'discontinued' status. Discontinued status means that your case becomes closed until they received all the necessary paperwork, then they will re-open your case. You may be called back for a 2nd interview, passed once they get the papers or DQ'd.

Hope it helped Good luck! Any questions PM me
          Whats going on old friend, The letter I got from my school doesnt say that excately but says this (While we are able to verify that attended _ _ School in 1997, We have not been able to locate any of his school records. If you have any further questions please contact number above)

Im assuming this should be sufficient. Also with the hipaa letter Im a little worried that if I send it to my school it just wont get to the right place.
          Last edited by John11226; 06-13-2014, 08:37 PM.
          NYPD

Comment

Whats going on old friend, The letter I got from my school doesnt say that excately but says this (While we are able to verify that XXXXXXXXX attended _ _ School in 1997, We have not been able to locate any of his school records. If you have any further questions please contact number above)

Im assuming this should be sufficient. Also with the hipaa letter Im a little worried that if I send it to my school it just wont get to the right place.
            1. REMOVE YOUR NAME from this post, for privacy reasons.
            The NYPD is going to want to know that they're destroyed which would make them 100% not reachable. I know people who were in that situation and that's what they were told.

Comment

Got you will keep you updated lord willing we see each other july
              NYPD

Comment

Originally posted by PoliceSeeker View Post
                1. REMOVE YOUR NAME from this post, for privacy reasons.
                The NYPD is going to want to know that they're destroyed which would make them 100% not reachable. I know people who were in that situation and that's what they were told.
                Also you said you know people in this same situation, So all they did was send that form into the school and thats all right?
                NYPD

Comment

Also you said you know people in this same situation, So all they did was send that form into the school and thats all right?
                  You need to send the HIPAA form if they're releasing records. If there are no records to release there is no need for it. All you would need is the letter stating the records are destroyed.

Comment

What possessed you to mention this during the psych?

You were a child, under 10 to boot.
                    Last edited by NYCTNT; 06-14-2014, 11:39 AM.
                    Captain Square Badge, reporting for duty!.

Comment

Originally posted by NYCTNT View Post
                      What possessed you to mention this during the psych?

You were a child, under 10 to boot.
                      I wrote it down when I did the written psych, Stupid I know but I didnt want to risk them finding out one day and giving me the boot.
                      NYPD

Comment

I wrote it down when I did the written psych, Stupid I know but I didnt want to risk them finding out one day and giving me the boot.
                        while that's very commendable, it may have caused a bit more damage than good.

the psych department has DQ'd candidates for considerably less severe cases.

brace yourself man... the odds are unfavorably stacked against you.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6120 users online. 370 members and 5750 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X