Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Officials of Oyster Bay, Long Island are on a power trip

http://thebright.com/Fire/town-offic...type-vehicles/

First off they are not town cars. They are Crown Victorias.

Second.. You want to talk about a power trip?

We have city councilmen and women with very police like looking "badges", which have stars on them and basically look like our nypd chief shields.

Third, majority of them had cars with lights and sirens as well, but now it's just a handful. Some still have lights on their personal cars.

Oh well. Politics of the game. Either your in or your out. Can't beat em, try to join em.
    Captain Square Badge, reporting for duty!.

Comment

Originally posted by NYCTNT View Post

Second.. You want to talk about a power trip?

We have city councilmen and women with very police like looking "badges", which have stars on them and basically look like our nypd chief shields.

Third, majority of them had cars with lights and sirens as well, but now it's just a handful. Some still have lights on their personal cars.

Oh well. Politics of the game. Either your in or your out. Can't beat em, try to join em.
      Hey, I'm not disagreeing with you, but aren't these the same people that try to cripple the PD by limiting their power? They cry when the police overuse SQF, and then cry when crime goes up.

I realize that as a politician you don't have to "choose a side". Can't someone call them out on it?

Comment

That is pervasive in the city. So many politicians, agency executives, pseudo agencies have cars with packages in them that aren't supposed to.
        “Every society gets the kind of criminal it deserves. What is equally true is that every community gets the kind of law enforcement it insists on.” - Robert F. Kennedy.

Comment

Tell that to this guy...
          Attached Files

Comment

Tell that to this guy...
            Ahh! The hero who protects the people from these bully cops.

Comment

By town car, they probably mean "town of oyster bay owned car" just as a NYPD RMP would be a city owned car.

Some perspective: a full-time public safety security guard for TOB tops out at around 78 thousand. Public Safety has a 1 million dollar command post that they don't do anything with, and all of their RMP's are brand new.
              Last edited by LINY; 06-13-2014, 09:52 PM.

Comment

They are security?

Comment

They are security?
                  Town of Oysterbay has Public Safety officers, which are licensed security guards. Their Bay Constables are peace officers, which all falls under the Public Safety Department.

Comment

I don't know why some people on here are surprised. In the city everyone gets a badge in certain Depts, In that picture that guy has a made up position or in the city his title maybe link to a special patrolman. for example building inspectors in the city get a gold nypd style detectives badges but they are special patrolman. In Nassau and Suffolk they give everyone rmps and badges like that too...I worked for the town of brookhaven doing public safety and everyone had rmps. The town supervisor, town clerk,est. Also when I was there I did security and I drove the Rmps with red lights on them...They also gave me a silver city det. style badge and the town director of public safety didn't care if you were a security guard or peace officer you could use it. When I worked for Nassau in the Assessment dept. the county assessor , county controller, county clerk....All had unmarked ppvs with lights.. Also when I worked in the assessment dept the towns had to pick up tax rolls and some of the process serve or the clerks picking up the rolls had badges.....all of this not shocking in ny everyone gets a badge for something lol.

Comment

Nyc sanitation and Fdny get badges,

The photo I put up is councilman Jummane Williams. A radical turd.

Comment

Nyc sanitation and Fdny get badges,

The photo I put up is councilman Jummane Williams. A radical turd.
                        I can't wait for him to put heat on the cops for their their "lack of enthusiasm" in "routine stops" when every other young male of color starts carrying a piece down in brownsville or up in harlem.

I hope someone brings up articles of him from earlier this year.

Comment

It doesn't matter. We can have a article clipping party with 10 forum members for an entire week gathering every quote of this jerk and it still won't matter at the end.

He has been continuously voted back into office, time after time again.

Comment

It doesn't matter. We can have a article clipping party with 10 forum members for an entire week gathering every quote of this jerk and it still won't matter at the end.

He has been continuously voted back into office, time after time again.
                            To be honest, it doesn't matter how loud or radical he is. Though I am not a PO so I maybe wrong, I dont see their jobs changing too much from what they do day to day now. Sure it is inconvenient to wear a camera which records your every fart, but it isnt like they took away the guns. The real victims are the people in those projects who try to live honest lives, working, grinding, hustling, w/e... Some of them have no choice but to live among the welfare leeches, gangbanger and skels.

Before anyone says anything, NO, even though it may sound like it, I am NOT a liberal. I have too many friends on the MOS grind telling me crazy stories of how our taxes are being wasted on all the social programs. I simply value each life that doesn't go to waste.

Comment

Go work in housing and come back to me.

Every god damn leach that is stopped has a blue MasterCard in their wallet(welfare card) with full benefits.

Yup. It's on the level.

They are not allowed to work decent jobs. Then they will lose section8 and project rent $$$ discount, and all the other goodies that comes with the MasterCard. Such as 100000% free healthcare. This is why we have drug slinging and baby making all day and all night. It's all god damn free. Why break a sweat?. Sad.

The decent, law biding, working stiffs in the jects are the ultra minority.

Sorry. My blood is boiling now.
                              Last edited by NYCTNT; 06-16-2014, 11:27 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4049 users online. 170 members and 3879 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on Yesterday.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X