300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Westchester County Police Academy

Has anyone been through it? Trying to find more info about it.
    Exams taken:

NYPD:
    Exam 4316 - 12/2013 - Passed 9X.XX
    List rank - 2XX
    APD 5 - Submitted 10/2015!

I went through it.

Comment

Originally posted by jdrama914 View Post
      I went through it.
      Do tell what your experience was like...I have my agility test coming up...is it like the NYPD agility test? Please give me some details.

Thanks!
      NYPD Exam 1309- Withdrew :/

Westchester County Exam 69-589- Score: 90

Comment

Originally posted by shygal122 View Post
        Do tell what your experience was like...I have my agility test coming up...is it like the NYPD agility test? Please give me some details.

Thanks!
        Didn't go through the Westchester Academy, but went through the NYPD Academy and took the Westchester agility. Completely different agilities. NYPD you have the JST, Westchester county you have the run, sit-ups and push-ups according to your age and gender. From what I have heard most guys fail on the sit-ups, most girls fail on the push-ups. NYPD JST is a joke in my opinion. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by oakley150 View Post
          Didn't go through the Westchester Academy, but went through the NYPD Academy and took the Westchester agility. Completely different agilities. NYPD you have the JST, Westchester county you have the run, sit-ups and push-ups according to your age and gender. From what I have heard most guys fail on the sit-ups, most girls fail on the push-ups. NYPD JST is a joke in my opinion. Good luck.
          Thanks!
          NYPD Exam 1309- Withdrew :/

Westchester County Exam 69-589- Score: 90

Comment

anyone know the status of the test? like what score are they at or ranking they have reached so far

Comment

Originally posted by harrys3 View Post
              anyone know the status of the test? like what score are they at or ranking they have reached so far
              Where do you live and what was your score on the exam? I believe the last exam was November 2012...Westchester County PD hired three off that list and won't be hiring for a while as they currently have extra guys since the town of Ossining opted to go with the village police department rather than the county. If you live in a town/village that uses a residency list, that is probably going to be your best bet.

Comment

Originally posted by harrys3 View Post
                Scored a 90 rank 12* was just hired by a village w/ no residency requirement

Comment

Congrats and welcome to WC

Comment

Grats bud, if you don't mind me asking could you pm me which village? Curious to know also when does the academy start?

Comment

PoliceSeeker, your private message box is full, but to answer your question:

You can't transfer from NYPD to another department via resume. You need to be hired off of the list and go through the same process as a regular candidate. The only difference is that when you get hired, you will fill out a waiver form so you don't have to attend the police academy. You then fill out additional forms to transfer your pension time from the city system into the state system.

Comment

Originally posted by EnWhyPeeDee View Post
                        Congrats and welcome to WC

Thanks! Be safe

Comment

Originally posted by spect1 View Post
                          Grats bud, if you don't mind me asking could you pm me which village? Curious to know also when does the academy start?
                          Thanks, I was with the NYPD so I don't have to go through the academy but I've heard rumors of a February academy.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5872 users online. 345 members and 5527 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X